Round 4: Quadrant 2 Matchup 2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better World Champ?

• Undertaker

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Chris Jericho

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Undertaker
undertaker%20champion.jpg

The Undertaker won the WWE title from Hulk Hogan on November 27th 1991 at Survivor Series. He lost the title back on December 3rd 1991 at This Tuesday in Texas. He won his second WWE title from Sycho Sid on March 23rd 1997 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Bret Hart on August 3rd 1997 at Summerslam in a match featuring Shawn Michaels as referee. He won his third WWE title from Steve Austin on May 23rd 1999 at Over the Edge with The McMahons as referees. He lost the title back to Austin on June 28th 1999 on Raw. He won his fourth WWE title from Hulk Hogan on May 19th 2002 at Judgment Day. He lost the title to The Rock in a triple threat match also involving Kurt Angle on July 21st 2002 at Vengeance. He won the World title from Batista on April 1st 2007 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Edge on the May 11th 2007 Smackdown. He won the title back on March 30th 2008 at Wrestlemania. He vacated the title due to his Hell’s Gate finisher being banned on the May 2nd 2008 Smackdown. He won his third world title from CM Punk on October 4th 2009 at Hell in a Cell in a Hell in a Cell Match. He lost the title to Chris Jericho on February 21st 2010 at Elimination Chamber in an Elimination Chamber match also involving John Morrison, R-Truth, CM Punk, and Rey Mysterio.

Chris Jericho
1224117634209_f.jpg

Chris Jericho won the WCW title from The Rock on October 21st 2001 at No Mercy. He lost the title back on The November 5th 2001 Raw. He won the title back on December 9th 2001 at Vengeance. He won the WWE title from Steve Austin on December 9th 2001 at Vengeance. He unified the two titles that night. He lost the title to Triple H on March 17th 2002 at Wrestlemania. Chris Jericho won the vacant WWE title on September 7th 2008 in a Scramble match also involving JBL, Batista, Rey Mysterio, and Kane at Unforgiven. He lost the title to Batista on October 26th 2008 at Cyber Sunday. He won the title back on November 3rd 2008 on Raw. He lost the title to John Cena on November 23rd 2008 at Survivor Series. He won his third world title on February 21st 2010 from The Undertaker at Elimination Chamber in an Elimination Chamber match also involving John Morrison, R-Truth, CM Punk, and Rey Mysterio. He lost the title to Jack Swagger on the April 2nd 2010 Smackdown.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Chris Jericho, delivered great matches, feuds and could carry the mic.

I just felt Taker's reigns weren't entertaining, I'm probably the only person who doesn't like Taker as much...

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Jericho's reign are more significant even if Taker is one of the biggest stars ever. Taker was a better chaser and getting revenge then someone who stands on top that is more like Jericho anyways so as far as champions go Jericho wins this in my mind.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I actually don't mind Taker chasing, much like Orton...

I just don't like Taker lol

Deuce

Reaction score
Both of my top favorites against each other! I went with Jericho but I was close to voting for Taker.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
With the expection of Jericho's first ever reign, Jericho's been nothing more than transitional champion, to ushering and keep people happy until Cena or Batista can come in take belt off him, trufax that...

Undertaker has been WWE's main attraction for many years, since 1992 possibly, people mark out for Jericho too much but don't think about much else, sure he's great in the ring but Taker is obvious in the top ten of all time and only reason in my mind Taker's reigns aren't as glorified as they should be was because he's been the Main Attraction, never the main draw, so the need for Taker to have the belt so much is unneeded, Taker isn't a transitional champion whereas Jericho is...

So logically Taker is a greater champion as Jericho.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Suprised by this one. Close, but Taker gets it for me also.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty tough choice here but went with Taker just barely.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
LOL at Jericho winning. Jericho's career was nothing special until 2008. Taker is the better champion.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Don't think you can say Jericho's career was nothing until 2008 once again you are going way over the top. His best run as a headliner didn't come until then I do agree with that.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Don't think you can say Jericho's career was nothing until 2008 once again you are going way over the top. His best run as a headliner didn't come until then I do agree with that.

I didn't say nothing, I said nothing special. Do we really have super mods on this site who can't read a fucking sentence correctly? My god. I guess I'm going over the top to somebody who can't read, though.

He was good (I'm not counting WCW since I didn't watch him there and he wasn't a world champion anyway), but his Attitude Era run wasn't overly amazing and he had a bad run when he was leaving because he was burnt out and then when he came back, he had a horrible run as a babyface until he turned heel, and then he was amazing.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I didn't say nothing, I said nothing special. Do we really have super mods on this site who can't read a fucking sentence correctly? My god. I guess I'm going over the top to somebody who can't read, though.

He was good (I'm not counting WCW since I didn't watch him there and he wasn't a world champion anyway), but his Attitude Era run wasn't overly amazing and he had a bad run when he was leaving because he was burnt out and then when he came back, he had a horrible run as a babyface until he turned heel, and then he was amazing.

Wow....you say something, then when someone goes against it, you're like "I didn't say nothing" then you go and say it again.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He said he didn't say nothing as far as calling Jericho "nothing" he just meant he didn't think Jericho was anything special.

But anyways was pretty amazing imo in his feud with Triple H where he was become one of the most over faces in the WWE.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
He said he didn't say nothing as far as calling Jericho "nothing" he just meant he didn't think Jericho was anything special.

Thank you. Somebody on this forum who isn't stupid, at LAST.

Wow....you say something, then when someone goes against it, you're like "I didn't say nothing" then you go and say it again.

Leave, and don't come back until you can decipher a simple post that spells itself out in front of you.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
It's Taker. Jericho was better chasing the belt in mu opinion. His undisputed reign disappointed only because I had huge expectations. Taker delivers.