Round 3: Quadrant 4 Matchup 2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Greater Womans Wrestler

• Trish Status

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Mickie James

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
2. Trish Stratus
[video=youtube;RC1z-4_Eyng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC1z-4_Eyng[/video]
[video=youtube;pSXWpp5SC3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSXWpp5SC3k[/video]

3. Mickie James
[video=youtube;vY5rROCohk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY5rROCohk0[/video]

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I gotta go with Trish on this one. It was super close, but Trish is pretty damn awesome in the ring and was probably the most influential Diva of her time.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
How about this one coming up! Such a classic feud. Trish for me too.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Without Trish, there may have been no Mickie, so it makes my vote easy. No disrespect to Miss James as I think she would vote the same way.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Still voting Mickie but it's clear why Trish would win. For me, Mickie is at least everybit as good as Trish wass but the huge advantage Trish had was the timing of her arrival into the company and how the women were utilised then. I've said it before and I don't mean on taking anything away from Trish, but I think she was very much the 'right time' person. I'll leave it at that for now.

Reaction score
Trish Stratus for me, it's close but Trish Status played a major role in WWE as not just a wrestler but a trainer and personality.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Two of my fave divas... battling it out... so unfair. not fair at all :(

But I had to go with Mickie. Such amazing talent, could do anything in the ring, always had good matches. She was just amazing. Not to take anything from Trish... but Mickie was my girl... and yes I'm a bigger fan of Mickie than even Dale. Mickie... YES!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Trish for me here. The rise that she had from hired model that couldn't do anything other than walk to the ring to the diva of her generation that could pull of a good match with almost anyone gets my vote.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Still voting Mickie but it's clear why Trish would win. For me, Mickie is at least everybit as good as Trish wass but the huge advantage Trish had was the timing of her arrival into the company and how the women were utilised then. I've said it before and I don't mean on taking anything away from Trish, but I think she was very much the 'right time' person. I'll leave it at that for now.
I get what you're saying about Trish because it helped that when she was coming up the division was at it's peak and she has a lot of women who could work put her over and make her look good along the way as she got better.

But fuck this sucks that this match up is this soon could be the finals. I went Mickie though when I consider her whole career from pre WWE to post WWE. Think she is a better worker than Trish, matches her in charisma and is better on the mic.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
FUCK THIS ROUND! I went with Trish but tomorrow I probably would have picked Mickie.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I get what you're saying about Trish because it helped that when she was coming up the division was at it's peak and she has a lot of women who could work put her over and make her look good along the way as she got better.

But fuck this sucks that this match up is this soon could be the finals. I went Mickie though when I consider her whole career from pre WWE to post WWE. Think she is a better worker than Trish, matches her in charisma and is better on the mic.
I always knew you liked Mickie, just never realised you rated her above Trish. You're not so bad afterall 8D

Not only the talent, but how relaxed the programming seemed to be then. You think of the amount of lingerie, pudding bowl and those sorts of matches she will have been apart of and how easy it was to get over due to them. Basically the amount of provocative shit they were able to do while she was still extremely shitty. This'll probably ruffle aload of feathers no doubt, but in today's programming she would have been nothing more than Kelly Kelly ever was.

Reactions: 1 person

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I mean Trish obviously has had the greater career and I think she is the greatest WWE diva ever from a total package standpoint. Talent wise Mickie is easily the better of the two and feel like if Mickie got the opportunities Trish got and Trish came in WWE when Mickie did then this wouldn't even be close. Think it gets underestimated how much of a impact women like Molly and Jazz had on her career since those two feuds is when she grew the most as a performer. This isn't a bad thing but Trish had perfect grooming that they haven't given any other diva.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I always knew you liked Mickie, just never realised you rated her above Trish. You're not so bad afterall 8D

Not only the talent, but how relaxed the programming seemed to be then. You think of the amount of lingerie, pudding bowl and those sorts of matches she will have been apart of and how easy it was to get over due to them. Basically the amount of provocative shit they were able to do while she was still extremely shitty. This'll probably ruffle aload of feathers no doubt, but in today's programming she would have been nothing more than Kelly Kelly ever was.

1. i would argue that when Trish first won the title (2001) the diverision was not at its peak, that didn't really happen for a good year or so later so there was a process and she did have to work very hard to get what she got.

2, Sure she may have got a lucky break, but she stil had to run with the ball when given it and she more than did that. Some people blow it when in that position.

3. Being in bra and panties matches etc, had nothing to do with her getting over, a lot of the divas were involved in those and most didn't get over anywhere near as much as Trish. She stood out from the crowd because she could do a promo, was entertaining as a heel, had a great look and could go in the ring.