Round 2: Quadrant 2 Matchup 2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better World Champ?

• Edge

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Undertaker

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Edge
edgefea.jpg

Edge won the WWE title from John Cena on January 8th 2006 at New Year’s Revolution. He lost the title back on January 29th 2006 at Royal Rumble. He won the title for a second time from Rob Van Dam on July 3rd 2006 on Raw in a triple threat match also involving John Cena. He lost the title to Cena on September 17th at Unforgiven in a TLC Match. He won the World Title from The Undertaker on the May 11th 2007 Smackdown. He vacated the title due to injury on the July 20th 2007 Smackdown. He won his second World Title from Batista on December 16th 2007 at Armageddon in a Triple Threat Match also involving the Undertaker. He lost the title to The Undertaker on March 30th 2008 at Wrestlemania. He won the vacant World Title on June 1st 2008 at One Night Stand by defeating the Undertaker in a TLC Match. He lost the title to CM Punk on June 30th 2008 on Raw. He won his third WWE title from Triple H on November 23rd 2008 at Survivor Series in a triple threat match also involving Vladimir Kozlov. He lost the title to Jeff Hardy on December 14th 2008 at Armageddon. He won the title back on January 25th 2009 at Royal Rumble in a NO DQ match. He lost the title to Triple H on February 15th 2009 at No Way Out in an Elimination Chamber match also involving Jeff Hardy, Vladimir Kozlov, The Undertaker and The Big Show. He won his fourth World Title from John Cena on February 15th 2009 at No Way Out in an Elimination Chamber match also involving Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Mike Knox, and Kane. He lost the title to John Cena in a triple threat match also involving Big Show on April 5th 2009 at Wrestlemania. He won the title back in a Last Man Standing Match on April 26th 2009 at Backlash. He lost the title to Jegg Hardy in a Ladder Match on June 7th 2009 at Extreme Rules. He won his sixth World Title from Kane in a Four Way TLC Match also involving Rey Mysterio and Alberto Del Rio at TLC on December 19th 2010. He was stripped of the Title for using the Spear on the February 18th 2011 Smackdown. He won the title back from newly crowned champion Dolph Ziggler that same night. He vacated the title due to retirement on The April 12th 2011 Smackdown.

Undertaker
undertaker%20champion.jpg

The Undertaker won the WWE title from Hulk Hogan on November 27th 1991 at Survivor Series. He lost the title back on December 3rd 1991 at This Tuesday in Texas. He won his second WWE title from Sycho Sid on March 23rd 1997 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Bret Hart on August 3rd 1997 at Summerslam in a match featuring Shawn Michaels as referee. He won his third WWE title from Steve Austin on May 23rd 1999 at Over the Edge with The McMahons as referees. He lost the title back to Austin on June 28th 1999 on Raw. He won his fourth WWE title from Hulk Hogan on May 19th 2002 at Judgment Day. He lost the title to The Rock in a triple threat match also involving Kurt Angle on July 21st 2002 at Vengeance. He won the World title from Batista on April 1st 2007 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Edge on the May 11th 2007 Smackdown. He won the title back on March 30th 2008 at Wrestlemania. He vacated the title due to his Hell’s Gate finisher being banned on the May 2nd 2008 Smackdown. He won his third world title from CM Punk on October 4th 2009 at Hell in a Cell in a Hell in a Cell Match. He lost the title to Chris Jericho on February 21st 2010 at Elimination Chamber in an Elimination Chamber match also involving John Morrison, R-Truth, CM Punk, and Rey Mysterio.

TheZig

Reaction score
This was a tough call for me, But the presence of Taker as champion made me pick him. Ofcourse Edge had many good matches as champion but alot of his reigns were lackluster.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
This is the hardest one yet but went with Taker. About half of Edge's reigns didn't do much for me.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Fuck Edge's title reigns especially compared to Taker who has actual meaningful reigns.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Tough call. I see what people mean by Takers reigns meaning something and maybe because he had less they do stand out more. However Edge did draw great heat as champion and the reason I picked him was because the title didn't really mean that much to Taker, the character had gotten over with out it, and you don't think of him and the world title. But Edge wearing it was a big deal and brought credibility to it, epsically when he first won it.

Deuce

Reaction score
Undertaker was the better champ, I like Edge and all but Taker's reigns were more intimidating and BEAST.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I like Edge so I went with him

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Fuck Edge, he ruined the title. 11 world titles in 5 years? Whoever pitched that should be shot.

Taker is better than Edge regardless. Taker.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This is tough. Both are right up there as top champions and it is a shame they face each other so soon. I went with Undertaker because when he holds the title it means a lot more.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Fuck Edge, he ruined the title. 11 world titles in 5 years? Whoever pitched that should be shot.

Taker is better than Edge regardless. Taker.
But you can't blame Edge for WWE's shitty booking. Fact is he made the best he could out of it, and got over despite it. And when he first won the belt as the rated R Superstar and ended that tedious Cena reign it was a massive deal.

Also I disagree looking at Edge's career compared with Taker, Edge was consistant all the why though, where as Taker didn't really get going until about 97 and even then was carried by the likes of Bret Hart, Mankind and Shawn Michaels. His later career has been much better.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Why do I care if "he made the best he could out of it"? It still happened on his watch, isn't it? Aren't we comparing champions here? Well, Edge was an awful champion. It doesn't matter if he's at fault or not.

The bit about Edge being better than Undertaker is too ridiculous for me to even know where to begin.