Rossy Ogawa out of Stardom

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
But seriously, I'm betting it's probably a Japanese broadcaster that's interested in getting into wrestling and wants to use Rossy as their way in.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
So, he wasn't a WWE mole, instead he was trying to start his own company? Like, bruh. Still a bit sussy to try to recruit the wrestlers while they are still under contract.
to go back on this I don't think any report was saying he was a mole for WWE and that was more because of the ''going to wwe'' original report so people were putting the poaching and wwe thing together. until there was more clarification. Even tk's tweets were vague enough that I don't think he was saying more that Rossy was a mole (if theres no wwe connection, then for his own new company).

seems like there's something the ''sheets'' know but can't or won't report on , likely because they can't get it on record?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
But seriously, I'm betting it's probably a Japanese broadcaster that's interested in getting into wrestling and wants to use Rossy as their way in.
We'll find out soon enough but I dunno man, the joshi market is pretty saturated as it is and the the japanese economy is trash rn - seems like an odd time to take a risk like that. But hey, it could also very well just be internal and philosophical beef and history is just repeating itself

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
We'll find out soon enough but I dunno man, the joshi market is pretty saturated as it is and the the japanese economy is trash rn - seems like an odd time to take a risk like that. But hey, it could also very well just be internal and philosophical beef and history is just repeating itself
That could be too. The Japanese wrestling scene is pretty notorious for being even more political than the US.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It all seems pretty suspicious when you add that AJPW is publicly saying it refused a buyout and takeover last January - but I haven't seen any information on who they refused. I would wager it could be linked and the same group of buyers

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Another rough translation from Chrome

[Stardom] Rossi Ogawa opposes dismissal and acknowledges new organization's move, ``I want to do what I can't do here again.''​

Rossi Ogawa (66), who was fired as executive producer of the women's professional wrestling program Stardom, has issued an angry rebuttal.

Stardom announced on the 5th that they had terminated Ogawa's contract effective February 4th. On the official website, the reason for this is ``We have recently become aware that he has poached numerous Stardom players and staff.''

On the 4th, the group held a performance at Edion Arena Osaka Daiichi Stadium to commemorate the 13th anniversary of its founding. Mr. Ogawa was also present in the group photo after the main event. Mr. Ogawa, who responded to an exclusive interview on the 5th, said, ``I was completely surprised. All of a sudden, after the game, I was told, ``Your contract will be canceled today.'' They just put me in a taxi and sent me home.'' explain.

Ironically, regarding the fact that the founder was forced out of the organization at a commemorative convention, he said, ``I have no regrets about this company.It's just the way it's done.I think it's okay if you just talk about it properly, and you don't have to suddenly say it.'' They said, ``Please give us the deadline by February 5th.'' Then they suddenly cut off my head...'' he said, unable to hide his disbelief.

Mr. Ogawa originally informed the organization in November of last year of his intention to retire by the end of this spring. ``I was forced to play aggressive cards, and there was harassment within the company.That continued and I started to lose the will to continue working here.Because of that, some of the players and staff told me, ``(I'm not joining the organization again.'') ) Please do it.''

After that, he said, ``A new organization? That's right. I want to do things that we can't do here. There are quite a few things we can't do here. Just because we're a big company, we can't do everything.'' He moved to establish a new organization. I admitted that there was.

Regarding the act of poaching players and staff, which was the reason for his dismissal, he said, ``We didn't do that. After hearing the rumors, there were a lot of players who wanted to come to this (new organization). I guess they were panicked too," he said in defense. "However, President (Taro) Okada was ``accepting'' (the new organization). He said, ``We will make an offer to (Yokohama) BUNTAI,'' and ``Let's have a rivalry match on the 15th anniversary in two years.'' "But what are you talking about now?" he added.

Mr. Ogawa, who says, ``I don't want to get into a fight,'' is certain to move toward starting a new organization in the future, but the controversy does not seem to subside just yet.​

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
What kind of things Rossy do you want to do with this new organization you can't anymore with Stardom? Maybe Janken Tournaments like before and more Behind the Scenes stuff involving the talent?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I clicked the wrong thread.

But instead of deleting my post, I'll just ask who they poached?

Kairi Sane? Don't AEW have like 6 chicks from this indie fed I don't know shit about or care to learn about.

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I clicked the wrong thread.

But instead of deleting my post, I'll just ask who they poached?

Kairi Sane? Don't AEW have like 6 chicks from this indie fed I don't know shit about or care to learn about.
Khan has working relationship with TJPW which is why you'll see talent from there show up once in awhile. Shida was a free lancer coming into AEW and you'll see her come in and out at times as well. TK should try to get ladies from Ice Ribbon, and Saraya/Sareee's Promotion because she been cooking up some great Events lot lately.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Is Ice zibbon a faction or a company?

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

[Stardom] Tamu Nakano declares that she will stay and is willing to take back the title ``There's a lot left to do''​

February 8, 2024 05:00

Tamu Nakano of the women's professional wrestling group Stardom, which has been shaken by family turmoil, has announced that she will remain with the group. The organization terminated the contract of Rossi Ogawa (66), who served as executive producer, on February 4th due to the fact that he had poached a large number of Stardom players and staff. Mr. Ogawa, on the other hand, denied poaching, but admitted that he was working towards establishing a new organization. While her selection as a player is attracting attention, what are Nakano's thoughts when he raised his hand to be the first to keep her?

The shock that has hit the leader of the women's professional wrestling world has caused fans to voice concerns about the future of the organization. During an interview with this newspaper during the uproar, Nakano said, ``Honestly, the organization had to announce the punishment of the person who held the position, and I think we took appropriate action, but I think that's enough. "I think it's best to discuss the rest with other adults in an appropriate manner," he said calmly.

Mr. Ogawa's announcement that he is working towards establishing a new organization raises concerns about a split. Nakano expressed his anger at the current situation in which his team, as a player, is receiving unwanted attention, saying, ``I'd rather entertain everyone with our Stardom battles than these old men's battles.That's why Tamu remains in Stardom.'' "We will make it the best organization in the world. That is the goal of Chapter 2 of Tamu Road!", revealing that he will remain in Stardom.

Nakano, who was the world champion last October, injured his left knee in the championship match. He was forced to take a long absence and returned the belt. However, her achievements over the past year were recognized and she won the Women's Pro Wrestling Award for the first time at the ``2023 Pro Wrestling Award'' established by Tokyo Sports Shimbun. At the time, she vowed to give back to the organization. She said, ``During my absence, I was helped by Stardom's fans and friends.I promised to repay the favor to Stardom, so no matter what happens to Stardom in the future, I feel that I must continue to protect Stardom.'' "There is," she said, reaffirming her determination.

Coincidentally, Nakano returned to the ring for the first time in four months at Ogawa's ``last tournament'' in Osaka on the 4th. Looking back on the match, he said, ``It's been a long time since I last played in the ring, so I was really nervous right up until the last minute, but when I entered the arena, I saw the faces of all the fans and heard their cheers. After all, I thought that this ring was my place to live.'' he said with a smile.

Also, at the same tournament, he watched the world championship match, which he gave up, from the back of the venue. After the match, the current champion Maika called out to him, saying, ``I'll be waiting until you can break through your limits.'' ``Even as the Red Belt (World) Champion, I have a lot of unfinished business to do.The elbow I injured before my absence has healed, and I'm in better condition than before I took a break.Now that I've come back, I can return to the top of stardom.'' "I had already decided on that," he said, expressing his desire to regain the title.

Nakano, who is determined to lead the organization as the top of the women's professional wrestling world, said, ``I am grateful to both Ogawa-san, who raised Tamu, and Bushiroad Fight, who helped grow the organization.'' ``I love Stardom. That's why I don't care about stories like this, but Tamu captivates me by showing passionate battles. I will continue to protect Stardom.''

In order to dispel fans' concerns, he walks through the second chapter of the road with tragic determination.

Rizu Kimoto

Reactions: Momochi

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
91648n6t0yd81.gif
IF Tam is staying they'll be fine. As I think HOHO pointed out if they lost Mayu and Tam it be bad. if it's "just" Mayu and a few others, Stardom will be fine. They need at least one Ace

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
91648n6t0yd81.gif
IF Tam is staying they'll be fine. As I think HOHO pointed out if they lost Mayu and Tam it be bad. if it's "just" Mayu and a few others, Stardom will be fine. They need at least one Ace

I understand why she would stay on with Stardom but who is the person who saw her more than just an Idol and that was Rossy before Bushiroad came into play. Stardom will always be fine they have had Icons like Io, Kairi, leave and the Train keeps rolling they'll be fine but man it will be a major blow to lose someone like Mayu who I think is at the level of Okada leaving New Japan.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon