Rossy Ogawa out of Stardom

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think that Twitter account is going by a Meltzer report anyway, but clearly their own interpretation since they obviously won't be giving exact quotes lol

And Meltzer has been stupid vague here, mostly just said he wasn't going to WWE but also that Kairi's return was related. Oh and that Rossy is probably going to be starting another new promotion and a lot of talent could jump ship with him come April

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think that Twitter account is going by a Meltzer report anyway, but clearly their own interpretation since they obviously won't be giving exact quotes lol

And Meltzer has been stupid vague here, mostly just said he wasn't going to WWE but also that Kairi's return was related. Oh and that Rossy is probably going to be starting another new promotion and a lot of talent could jump ship with him come April

I have a feeling what's being lost in translation is Rossy is going to start his own promotion but now one is saying how and with what money. That's where I'm thinking the potential WWE connection may be coming from. There's no proof or anything, but SRS said he's heard rumors of Rossy going to WWE by ppl in wwe, aew and njpw.

Regarding TK's reaction, none of us are exactly in the know as to what the Rossy TK relationship was, but it's clear TK has his own reasons for popping off and that other dude trying to use that tweet as a gotcha is just silly. People telling TK he's overreacting over nothing while TK himself hasn't elaborated is funny to me

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Why am I getting vibes of AJPW and NOAH?

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Why am I getting vibes of AJPW and NOAH?
because it's very similar for sure

THIS is what poaching looks like. Not aew or wwe signing free agents like gaijin puro fans get all mad about

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
because it's very similar for sure

THIS is what poaching looks like. Not aew or wwe signing free agents like gaijin puro fans get all mad about
Yeah if Rossy does start his own promotion and steals a bunch of Stardom talent, it'll definitely cement 2024 as the wildest year in wrestling for me.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
There's a lot more going on that I've seen a lot of the usual places not acknowledge yet too. Like this part about him always planning to leave but then it apparently just blew up. What happened the last few days to cause a long planned departure to become this huge controversy is the real question

It was known that the affiliation between the two sides was going to end on 2/18 as Ogawa had given notice some time back. At first, today’s show was to be his final show, but then the sides agreed to sever ties on 2/18. However, Bushiroad decided to get ahead of the story two weeks early and made the announcement publicly that he was fired after the talent was told in a meeting following today's show in Osaka.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
There's a lot more going on that I've seen a lot of the usual places not acknowledge yet too. Like this part about him always planning to leave but then it apparently just blew up. What happened the last few days to cause a long planned departure to become this huge controversy is the real question
:stephena2:

That's crazy, wonder what exactly caused them to fire him before he could resign.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Like I posted the gif yesterday, it really feels a lot like Michael Scott giving his notice and then trying to steal clients and salesmen to go with him so they fired him early

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Rough translation from Chrome
Taro Okada (36), president of the women's professional wrestling ``Stardom'', responded to an interview on the 5th and explained the circumstances that led to the termination of the contract with executive producer Rossy Ogawa (66).

The organization announced on the 5th that it had terminated the contract with Ogawa on February 4th because it was "aware of the poaching of numerous Stardom players and staff."

President Okada said, ``Around December, I started hearing information that Mr. Ogawa was poaching people.He told me verbally, ``If you're doing that kind of thing (poaching people), please stop,'' and ``I want to continue working with him in the future.'' ''We have been talking about this for a long time, but since then we have confirmed that the act of poaching continues, so we have taken these measures.''

Mr. Ogawa had expressed his intention to resign for some time, and although he tried to persuade him many times, Mr. Ogawa remained steadfast. Initially, we assumed that he would leave the team around March. After that, he received inquiries and consultations from many players about Ogawa's departure.

At the Takadanobaba tournament on January 21st, it was explained to the players, staff, and employees that Ogawa would be leaving the team in March. However, as Mr. Ogawa continued to be poached after that, the company made the decision after considering the seriousness of the situation.

President Okada said, ``We recognize that many of the players (who were poached) are title holders and other popular players,'' adding, ``If those players leave, stardom and the box office will no longer be viable, and in the worst case scenario. ``There was a possibility that we would have to close down the company, so after internal consideration, we notified them that we would be terminating the contract immediately.''

There are speculations in the industry that Mr. Ogawa might start a new organization, but President Okada said, ``Regardless of whether or not he will start a new organization himself, he will not be able to do so while his contract with our company continues. We recognize that solicitation to the effect of 'quitting DAM and working elsewhere' constituted a serious breach of contract as an act of poaching."

Regarding whether there are any players who will follow Ogawa's lead, he revealed, ``I have received inquiries from several players who have expressed their intention to leave the club or are thinking about leaving.''

For the time being, Mr. Okada will take on the role of producer in addition to his role as president. Regarding future prospects, he said, ``Our group has people who understand and have experience in the professional wrestling industry, so with their guidance and cooperation, we will build a solid organization and strengthen the structure of the company. We will rebuild and move forward again.'' He expressed his enthusiasm, saying, ``I believe that revitalizing regional tournaments will lead to increased participation in big matches in major cities, so we will formulate a solid strategy from now on.''​

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
So, he wasn't a WWE mole, instead he was trying to start his own company? Like, bruh. Still a bit sussy to try to recruit the wrestlers while they are still under contract.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Yeah that's fucking wild.

This is absolutely mirroring AJPW/NOAH.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

So if was I said when Bushiroad took over it was going to happen they were only going to keep Rossy for so much time before putting in their own person for the job. I need to go back to the deal with Bushiroad because I surely remember the deal having Rossy stay on for a few more Years before moving on down the road. Either way Rossy is free from Stardom and I'm sure he's going to get alot of talent especially if he gets Fuka who trained alot of Stardom talent for Years before he had talent like Io and Kagetsu as lead Trainers. If he gets all of that and the money is right why won't you want to go to take the challenge and go with his new Company if that happens? I can list four or five talents right now who have been spinning their Wheels and leaving Stardom would be the best for them.

Rough translation from Chrome

So who snitched on Rossy bring on the Law and Order Crew asap. Curious too who are the talent that are asking and telling them they might be leaving because 3 or 4 talents top talents leave the Company goes backwards.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
So, he wasn't a WWE mole, instead he was trying to start his own company? Like, bruh. Still a bit sussy to try to recruit the wrestlers while they are still under contract.
with who's money , I guess we will find out. it doesn't seem to cut and dry . I reckon we will have to probably wait and see, because those ''going to wwe'' rumors obviously came from somewhere (SRS claimed ppl from inside all three companies, but made sure to say they were rumors and not verified facts )

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
with who's money , I guess we will find out. it doesn't seem to cut and dry . I reckon we will have to probably wait and see, because those ''going to wwe'' rumors obviously came from somewhere (SRS claimed ppl from inside all three companies, but made sure to say they were rumors and not verified facts )

laughing-hysterically-evil-laugh.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Rosie