Roman Reigns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Roman only being pushed because of him being related to the rock is a stupid opinion to have.

He looks good on a poster and has the most credible offense in WWE, he's great for first time viewers

Redboy123@

Reaction score
He looks good on a poster and has the most credible offense in WWE, he's great for first time viewers
First time viewers wouldn't have the context surrounding Roman. So that would be interesting to see what they think.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Remember when this was a simple conversation about Roman Reigns...yeah, me neither.

Last edited:

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
So WWE has listened to the fans and decided to make Braun Strowman. Oops sorry I meant Drew McIntyre the next face of WWE

Snowman1

Reaction score
Thousands of wrestlers out there look good on posters if not better than Roman & half of them are way better at their job. Not why Roman is pushed.

lol

By the standards of that Superman Punch looks like it hurts. The animation is annoying as all hell but the first few times I saw him do it I was like oh damn... (but that was 5 years ago)

I'm really more of the mindset of "they've overthought things to a point where Roman gets such a "reaction" that many, many wrestlers have gotten babyface heat by going up against Roman, so that justifies it to them for putting him in this spot" when really it makes more sense to just simply follow traditional wrestling logic and have a universally beloved top babyface (which can still happen)

• Haha
Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Here’s I would’ve handled Roman (take it with a grain of salt):

First off, Roman started in the WWE with 2 great superstars: Dean and Seth, the Shield. Great idea, gimmic, and overall awesome team. Loved it. Couldn’t ask for a more well versed team.

However, the issue is that Roman’s entire character was built by the shield. The tough, brute, badass, hard hitting persona. Didn’t talk much, say much, and didn’t need to. It worked for that brotherhood mentality. He was the muscle and that’s all he needed to be, so naturally, yeah, he got cheered a lot. Why? Because of the Shield, not just Roman Reigns. And that’s the key point here. He really had nothing to do with it. It was much like during DX’s run of popularity, any member of their group would get cheered whenever, didn’t have to be the main star or not.

With that being said, Roman should’ve been booked similarly to Braun: slow burn, gradual build, and (even though Braun didn’t have a belt) won the IC or US title. Let him become a dominant mid card talent with a dabble of main events here and there where, hell, he can win some big main event tag matches on Raw etc. and show potential of main event status.

During this mid card run, see what happens. Let Roman have some open challenges, win the mid card belt numerous times, and test the heel and face turns with him. This would be a great approach as it would naturally test the waters with Roman and secure his future.

Instead, WWE knows best and forces him to main event pushes because he got cheered while he was in the shield, has the look Vince wants, and he’s a Samoan who’s related to, idk, the rock and shit loads of other wrestlers. Lol. His push is stupid and was handled beyond poorly.

I don’t blame Roman himself for doing what he’s doing as he just being told what to do and following orders. I get that, but that doesn’t mean I have to cheer for the simple fuck just because he “works hard” just like nearly every other superstar in the back....

Redboy123@

Reaction score
To be fair they did do a slow burn with Roman. He had over a year between the shield breakup and he's first title win. So I don't think him being rushed to the world title is a major reason to why he did not get over as a babyface.

The guy debuted on the main roster in 2012 and won the world title at the end of 2015. So maybe there are other areas that can be looked at like he's character, booking and the heels he faced. The worst thing about Roman is the narrative that nobody buys because him being a top guy is so predictable that this anti authority underdog narrative is fake af.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
To be fair they did do a slow burn with Roman. He had over a year between the shield breakup and he's first title win. So I don't think him being rushed to the world title is a major reason to why he did not get over as a babyface.

The guy debuted on the main roster in 2012 and won the world title at the end of 2015. So maybe there are other areas that can be looked at like he's character, booking and the heels he faced. The worst thing about Roman is the narrative that nobody buys because him being a top guy is so predictable that this anti authority underdog narrative is fake af.

When he won the title was never the issue, it was how he continuously was pushed in the main area, the high stage of events. Remember what they were doing with Cena not too long ago? They were doing that with Roman and that is what pissed the fans off.

WM 31, 32, 33 and 34 he was in every single main event.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Snowman1

Reaction score
After the Shield breakup, Dean went after his blood enemy Rollins while Reigns was instantly put into a 4-way for the title and then feuded with the Authority that put him there while Dean was threatening to rip Seth's eyeballs out if his skull and feed them to him.

That was why at Royal Fumble 2015 Dean was over and Roman wasn't

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

No, their idea of a slow burn was the sheild and that’s it. The shield broke up in June of 2014 because of Seth. In January, Roman wins the rumble. Then headlines against Brock at the biggest event of the year. No slow burn buddy. Lol.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
After the Shield breakup, Dean went after his blood enemy Rollins while Reigns was instantly put into a 4-way for the title and then feuded with the Authority that put him there while Dean was threatening to rip Seth's eyeballs out if his skull and feed them to him.

That was why at Royal Fumble 2015 Dean was over and Roman wasn't
Perhaps this is some of it, but if that’s true, how come Roman still can’t get over to this day? Lol where’s the other excuses?

Snowman1

Reaction score
Perhaps this is some of it, but if that’s true, how come Roman still can’t get over to this day? Lol where’s the other excuses?

What have they done to get him over since?

The one time he did something cool and badass it was that night after TLC 2015 when he beat up Vince and the Authority and Sheamus and all the heels, won the title and Philadelphia cheered like crazy.

What has happened to get us to cheer for Roman?

When Austin didn't do badass stuff he was just some bald dude. The Rock cutting generic promos got Die Rocky Die chants.

Hell, even use a recent example. WM main eventer Daniel Bryan, who was the "weak link" of Team Hell No, who snapped and beat up the Shield, who got screwed out of Money in the Bank and won the title from Randy Orton just for the referee to change the decision, who got attacked by a scorned Big Show and screwed over by Shawn Michaels every time he had championship gold on his fingertips, they teased rising to the top over and over by the time the Royal Rumble came around us fans were pleading and begging for him to just win the belt... Intentional or not, that made WM30 Daniel Bryan 100x more over than 2010 Indy Darling Bryan Danielson in WWE

meanwhile Roman's over here losing a match by spearing a guy through a cell, and on raw like MANAGEMENT IS TRYING TO SCREW ME

and at least he's getting a reaction

• Haha
Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
What have they done to get him over since?

The one time he did something cool and badass it was that night after TLC 2015 when he beat up Vince and the Authority and Sheamus and all the heels, won the title and Philadelphia cheered like crazy.

What has happened to get us to cheer for Roman?

When Austin didn't do badass stuff he was just some bald dude. The Rock cutting generic promos got Die Rocky Die chants.

Hell, even use a recent example. WM main eventer Daniel Bryan, who was the "weak link" of Team Hell No, who snapped and beat up the Shield, who got screwed out of Money in the Bank and won the title from Randy Orton just for the referee to change the decision, who got attacked by a scorned Big Show and screwed over by Shawn Michaels every time he had championship gold on his fingertips, they teased rising to the top over and over by the time the Royal Rumble came around us fans were pleading and begging for him to just win the belt... Intentional or not, that made WM30 Daniel Bryan 100x more over than 2010 Indy Darling Bryan Danielson in WWE

meanwhile Roman's over here losing a match by spearing a guy through a cell, and on raw like MANAGEMENT IS TRYING TO SCREW ME
Idk, maybe the fact that Roman has beaten the authority, triple h, beat taker, Cena, AJ styles, DB, Bray Wyatt, Brock, been placed in a feud with Brock where they literally pointed out and catered to Roman by having Brock look like the “i don’t give a shit part timer.” They’ve made Roman to look like the toughest and baddest dude in WWE several times. He’s very rarely beat and now they’re bringing the fucking sheild back together just to get him to be cheered again. lol.

What do you mean what has WWE done to try to get us to cheer him? Look above, and Theyve given him every fucking main event for like 3 years. Biggest fueds, matches, more time, etc. and he still can’t get cheered. They’ve catered to this fuck and tried various angles to get him over but it doesn’t work. Because he’s a plank of wood who gets “reactions.” Whatever the fuck that means.

Idk what else you’re rambling about but Roman is the most coddled wrestler in WWE and has been handled the golden keys for years while WWE tries week in and out to get him cheered. It fails like 9 times out of 10.