ROH Results Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

These last three matches are so big, they're getting a separate post.

I QUIT MATCH
6.) Aries Vs. Jacobs
Aries says he has no second....for now. Austin Aries wins in 22:13 after LACEY returns and is about throw in the towel for Aries after Jacobs won't stop biting at Aries' bloody head. Lacey slaps Jimmy. Crowd is chanting DIE JIMMY DIE!These two are giving it everything in this awesome brawl. Microphone shots to Jimmys head.Singlehanded bulldog from the top rope to the outside and through a table by both men!! Tyler then tries to throw in the towel and Lacey stops him. Jimmy then quits after Aries has him in a crossface and is stabbing him with the Spike! Sick spot with a spear by Jimmy to Aries through the middle rope and off the apron and onto a steel chair ont he outside!!! Lots of brawling in the crowd and on the outside and lots of blood here. Tyler helping out Jimmy and gets booed big time from the crowd for it. Sick brawl of a match. After the match Jimmy is pissed at Tyler and he leaves Jimmy in the ring with Aries. Staredown and both end up shaking hands. (JUST KIDDING ABOUT THAT LAST SENTENCE!)

Soulpower

ROH WORLD TITLE
7.) Nigel McGuinness Vs. Bryan Danielson
Handshake and the bell.....some great chain wrestling to start. just what you expect from these two. Dueling chants. Danielson works Nigels arm. They steal eachothers moves for heat and pops. Nigel does a figure four to get a Wooooo from the crowd. More updates as I get them. Back and forth match. Soccer kicks to the back of Nigel after some strikes. Sinclair gets involved and Danielson gets clipped. Danielson on the ropes, falls, Sinclair pushes him back up and he eats a lariat! Nigel to the outside and Danielson then does his Springboard Front flip in the aisle. Claudio then comes out and nails Dragon with a chair. Sinclair starts to count and out comes Sugarfoot who drags Dragon back into the ring for a huge pop!Defeaning atmosphere and tons of pinfalls. CATTLE MUTILATION! Epic match as they are both kicking out of everything! Danielson ducks a lariat only to then be hit by a Rebound Lariat for the win!

WINNER AND STILL ROH WORLD CHAMPION: NIGEL MCGUINNESS IN 28:08!

8.) Samoa Joe DEF. Tyler Black in 18:56.
Massive pop for Joe as expected. Joe is in perfect form here as they trade blows and get this one off hot! Tyler goes for his middle rope body press and Joe just walks out of the way. Joe does tope to the outside and then says to the Referee "what are you doing counting!? This is ROH!" Joe hits his Ole kick to break the count. From my report I have this being said it just may be the second version of Joe Vs. Kobashi. ISLAND DRIVER for a 1 count kickout which drove the crowd wild! Tyler goes for his Phoenix Splash and misses and Joe then goes for his top rope Musclebuster but misses. STJOE followed by the Musclebuster and the Choke and you can put this one in the books!

Joe ends the show with a heart felt promo and puts over ROH and the boys in the back. F*ck TNA chants throughout the promo as well.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Event sounded epic. I really wanna see that I Quit Match, as it sounds on the level of the BJ/Jimmy Cage Match from SOH II, which is my favourite match.

Montana

Looks like a damn good show. A lil odd 6 minutes for the biggest tag matchup in ROH history. Even if Mark is injuried. Have Steenerico vs Jay in a handicap match or something. ALl in all, impressed.

(Lil pissed Chicago gets ANOTHER ppv, the night before the detroit show. Which means a piss poor show for Detroit.)

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I guess that really made up big time for the Friday show. It sounded amazing from top to bottom, and it got better as the show went on. Last 3 matches really should be amazing, I don't think there would be any complaining except for the first couple of matches.

Silas Young is awesome.

I had a feeling Ace Steel was coming back, but not for the SnS match. I think they mentioned someone "crazy" so I knew he was going to be involved in some way.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

~House is packed.

1) Kenny Omega defeats Kenny King with a counter in to a roll up. Really good opener that got the crowd hot.

2) Sal Rinuaro & Rhett Titus defeat Grizzly Redwood & Bushwhacker Luke when Titus rolls up Redwood holding the tights. Better than it had any right to be.

3) Bob Nguyen defeats Tony Kozina with a sloppy German Suplex. Average match going way too long. Got boring chants.

4) Jay & Mark Briscoe defeat Brent Albright & Erick Stevens, Davey Richards & Bobby Dempsey, & Irish Airborne in a Gauntlet Match to move on to Final Battle 2008. Irish Airborne were first eliminated by Stevens & Albright. SNS Inc. sent out Richards and Dempsey to the Briscoe's theme. Dempsey was getting in offense, but was always cut off by his own partner. Stevens got his team DQ'd getting caught using Sweeney's boot as a weapon. Jay & Mark Briscoe disposed of SNS Inc. to win the Gauntlet.

5) Necro Butcher & Ace Steel defeat Jimmy Jacobs & Delirious when Necro pins Delirious with a Tiger Driver. Delirious was set to spike Necro in the face, but D. Haze came to the ring and convinced him not to.

6) Tyler Black defeats Austin Aries clean in the middle with the God's Last Gift from out of no where. Tyler was out for the match alone.

7) Bryan Danielson & Jerry Lynn defeat World Champion Nigel McGuinness & Claudio Castagnoli when Geritol Lynn pins Claudio with a Cradle Piledriver.

Montana

Solid show, although it doesnt look like a must buy. Mostly tag matches.

I dont understand why they have no-namers on the show, when guys like Jigsaw aren't on the show. Then you have tag scramble with a lot of talent in it.

I wonder what the attendence was.

dark patriot

Reaction score
well with a packed house and a return date that is good stuff to me. only seven matches disappoints the spoiled part of me who doesnt mind long shows. I agree about the no namers as well. no Steenerico,unless they are booked elsewhere, that's a shame. MsChif vs. Daizee didnt happen. msChif took ill. these matches were on the pre-show via the roh board:

pre-show

Steve Anthony(WLW guy) beat Hunter Matthews with a crucifix pin after Hunter missed a Whoopee Cushion. Big fan of Hunter from his work on the indy scene around here, good to see him get a shot.

Ernie Osiris beat Brandon Marino(Davey Richards trainee) with a DDT. I think they had different names than that...it sounded like they announced Osiris with two initials(E.A. Osiris?) and Marino with a different last name.

Montana

Well, he has a new gimmick as well...its dirty ernie osirus...so the EA was probably dirty.

Soulpower

Tyler Black defeats Austin Aries

ABOUT DAMN TIME!! Tyler's been needing a big win for a while now, and this one definitely counts as a big win.

BLACK FOR ROH CHAMP IN 09!

Montana

I have to disagree with Black as Champ in 09. I know a lot of original ROH fans are rooting for Black to win the belt, However he really doesnt get much of a reaction at all, from the fans. Not that i don't like Black, i just think guys like Strong, Danielson, Aries would make better champions. Even someone like a Chris Hero or Jimmie Jacobs could add a lot to the show, in terms of entertainment. Idk, Jacobs would probably give you fresher matchups, however Black doesn't scream "headliner" to me. (Even though he's been in hte main event the first four ppvs of 08)

Soulpower

^^^The only I agree with on that list is Roderick Strong. Dude's great as a babyface, (And he's pretty damn over) yet he's never won the ROH title. I love Jimmy Jacobs, but I just can't see him as the top guy in the company.

Soulpower

RESULTS

Preshow

1) Ninja Blue defeats Shawn Shultz with a sunset flip.

2) Boogie Woogie Boy Gary Valient defeats Ernie Osiris with a Cutter out of the corner.

Main Show

1) The Briscoes & Kenny Omega defeat Kenny King, Sal Rinuaro, & Rhett Titus when Sal is pinned following an electric chair german.

~Daizee Haze is out to confront Rhett Titus. Rhett looks to attack, but Necro makes the save. Daizee & Necro force Rhett to tell everyone the truth. That he is in fact, a virgin! Daizee kicks Rhett in the nuts and leaves.

2) Delirious defeats Alex "Sugarfoot" Payne with Shadows Over Hell.

3) Sara Del Rey defeats Ashley Lane, Daizee Haze, & Serena Deeb with the Royal Butterfly on Lane.

4) Brent Albright & Erick Stevens defeat Davey Richards & Larry Sweeney when Sweeney accidentally hits Davey with a chair and Albright gets the pin. It was originally Richards and Dempsey, but Sweeney kicked Bobby out of the match at the last second.

~Crowd estimated at 600 or so.

~INTERMISSION~

5) Grizzley Redwood & Bushwhacker Luke defeat Irish Airborne with the battering ram.

6) The Necro Butcher & Austin Aries vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black ends in a double count out. Really good match until the finish.

7) Bryan Danielson defeats Claudio Castagnoli in a no disqualification match using a belt to execute the Triangle Choke. At one point Dragon attempted a dive to the outside and Claudio nailed him with a chair busting him open.

8) ROH World Championship: Nigel McGuinness defeats Jerry Lynn to retain the Championship. Jerry had Nigel in the Cradle Piledriver, but Nigel kicked him in the head, fell back in to a pin and grabbed the ropes.