Roddy Piper: Which current WWE star he would face

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper recently took fan questions on WrestleNewz.com. Below are a few highlights from part 1 of the interview:

What is the latest on your son Colt getting into wrestling? Will we see him in WWE?

"There's always the question whether a wrestler has "it." What "it" is -- that's never defined, because there's not a better word for it. Call it chemistry, call it charisma: there are different ways to describe it. But whatever "it" is, Colt has it. He's a natural. Now comes the question of what Colt decides to do with it. I'm trying to mostly stay away from it. His name is Colt Toombs. He is undefeated as an MMA fighter as an amateur, and he always fights under his real name, Toombs. He's making his own headway, on his own terms, with his own name. And I'm extremely proud of him. He is wrestling in a league called Portland Wrestling Uncut, and various groups. He was supposed to wrestle Daivari in Santiago, Chile, but unfortunately the show got canceled because they couldn't provide the proper security. He's doing great, though. I don't want to give away any of his future plans. But you won't miss him! He'll be coming at you, oh yeah."

When you look at the current generation of wrestlers, who do you think shows the most star potential? Who would you like to get in the ring with?

"Of the current generation? Oh my goodness, they're all fantastic. Randy Orton, CM Punk, Jericho -- I don't want to leave anybody out. Cody Rhodes is great. So many guys nowadays are fantastic, so I can't pick just one! But who would I want to have a match with? (Long pause) Brock Lesnar."

Who would play you in a movie about your life?

"Mark Wahlberg. He's already been approached. I'm telling you, they have a script already. You know, my head's just not there right now. But there are definitely two scripts that I know of. One is by Sal (Iacono), the head writer for the Jimmy Kimmel show. And there's another one that I know of, and Mark Wahlberg is the man they were talking about for that. And I think that he'd be a good pick."

Obviously Piper/Lesnar wouldn't be as epic these days as it would have been if Piper was still in good condition, but it doesn't surprise me to see him call out the biggest, nastiest person in the company. Vintage Piper right there.

Also, for those of you who haven't seen Colt Toombs fight, here's a vid:

[youtube]AxJXnlBZ8aA[/youtube]

It's hard to say whether or not he'd be able to make a transition to professional wrestling at this point in his career, but being Piper's son has got to count for something.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Could you imagine the one sided promos vs the one sided match.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The thing that stood out to me most in that interview is Piper saying that there are two scripts prepared for films based on his life and that Mark Wahlberg has been approached to star as him. That is the most random thing I have seen for quite some time.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
A feud with Chris Jericho could have been pretty fucking special back in the day. Matches with Orton could have been great too given Ortons psychology and everything

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Would of been nice seeing BROCK take him down and bust him open with stiff elbow shots. Then just to toss him around like a toy for 10 minutes. Plus we could get some Heyman and Piper promos :mark:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'd totally be down for Piper/Heyman promos. That's a dream match of a promo right there.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Oh god I spat out my milk when I saw that Lesnar comment.

Piper and Punk would also be very enjoyable mostly for promos.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Piper always considered himself a tough guy, apparently he had some sort of boxing backgwround, which is why his wrestling character threw sloppy punches. Him wanting to faace Lesnar makes sense in that regards. And wondering what his kid is going to follow through on, pro-wrestling, he would definitely get a shot right away, being the son of somebody instantly gets you in the door, where as an MMA career is iffy, because a loss to someone not very special makes you stay in the dirt leagues forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I can't blame the kid for exploring the MMA turf first though considering I'm sure anyone would rather do that as opposed to the horrendous WWE schedules. Alberto Del Rio did the same thing and he didn't even have a family member to vouch for him when he got into wrestling.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I can't blame the kid for exploring the MMA turf first though considering I'm sure anyone would rather do that as opposed to the horrendous WWE schedules. Alberto Del Rio did the same thing and he didn't even have a family member to vouch for him when he got into wrestling.

? Del Rio comes from one of Mexico's most famous wrestling families.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
? Del Rio comes from one of Mexico's most famous wrestling families.

I meant having a former WWE legend for a father. I'd say Piper's son is considerably closer to the WWE family than ADR was and Piper is much more familiar with their audience.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Piper v Cactus Jack (Both in their prime of course).