Rhodes vs Big Show or Justin Gabriel

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
How has Rhodes given the IC Title belt some credibility back? He hasn't really done anything with it. It's just a prop around his waist or shoulder or wherever he outs it. I also don't see him winning the world title for a long time, if ever.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It's someone we're interested in, it's someone who belongs in the main-event, given it a new look, give him mic time always every week, doesn't job regularly unless Sheamus faces him, beaten the likes of Booker T and Rey Mysterio cleanly. That's a whole lot more prestige than the US title.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
But it doesn't really matter that the title is on him, really. I don't think it really brings any new sense of specialness or importance to the belt. Only when WWE actually starts booking feuds again over the belt itself and how it should matter that someone is IC Champ or not is that gonna happen.

Picassobin

Jobber
Reaction score
Crayo said:
It's someone we're interested in, it's someone who belongs in the main-event, given it a new look, give him mic time always every week, doesn't job regularly unless Sheamus faces him, beaten the likes of Booker T and Rey Mysterio cleanly. That's a whole lot more prestige than the US title.

100% agree! Like I said before, it´s not his fault that he gets no tv time. His matches are nearly always good and he let his opponent also look good. He´s very special and there are not much in the Roster who can compete with him.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KevinLockard23 said:
But it doesn't really matter that the title is on him, really. I don't think it really brings any new sense of specialness or importance to the belt. Only when WWE actually starts booking feuds again over the belt itself and how it should matter that someone is IC Champ or not is that gonna happen.

I agree to an extent that booking is the best way to bring back the most prestige quickly. But having someone like Rhodes who's better than most of the main-event talent at the moment holding that IC title for a long long period of time, beating legends like Booker T and Rey Mysterio, given mic time every single week, that's more prestigious than it was when Ezekial Jackson was holding it right?

Swagger doesn't even appear on RAW, when he does it's in a tag-team match. No reference to the belt at all. He won it off Ryder and wasn't seen for a month mate. Rhodes has given all the prestige he can to the belt, without booking he can't give it more but he has definitely added something too it.

Picassobin said:
100% agree! Like I said before, it´s not his fault that he gets no tv time. His matches are nearly always good and he let his opponent also look good. He´s very special and there are not much in the Roster who can compete with him.

Damn straight, Rhodes is on fire atm.

THEWWEMARK

Jobber
Reaction score
I like this feud. Imagine Big Show could win, take the strap, as Show feuds with Henry for the strap, while Rhodes feuds with Daniel Bryan.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Hell no, No championship for Show atm, just one of the other guys.
They would have to beat Show for the WHC in a usually ridiculous way..

THEWWEMARK

Jobber
Reaction score
Neither would I, but just to distract Show and Henry so Cody Rhodes can go over Sheamus or Daniel Bryan after. Or even have a three way feud with conspiracy, I don't know.

THEWWEMARK

Jobber
Reaction score
Seabs, que? I said take the title off Rhodes and get Henry something to do so Sheamus/Daniel Bryan/Rhodes can feud.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
Why would you demote Bryan vs Rhodes for Show vs Henry :S ?

Don't think he said demote. He meant promote Rhodes to WHC to feud with Bryan/Sheamus and demote Show to feud with Henry for IC title.

Edit: You've seen it dw

Sheamus as a face isn't putting Rhodes over cleanly, he's worse than Cena at the moment.

THEWWEMARK

Jobber
Reaction score
Crayo, why not have Rhodes roll him up so Sheamus goes into a rage and all that Irish stuff? While Daniel Bryan has the strap, so he never pinned Daniel?

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
THEWWEMARK said:
Crayo, why not have Rhodes roll him up so Sheamus goes into a rage and all that Irish stuff? While Daniel Bryan has the strap, so he never pinned Daniel?

8uMw7.gif