Report: Lesnar wants out of UFC, seeking Wrestlemania deal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Could Brock just keep flatout rejecting offers of fights thrown his way from Dana & co?

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
he could but then he wouldn't be able to work in pro wrestling or any other MMA company until the time expired on his contract.

Ben

Reaction score
No way Dana just flat out let's him go, he makes to much of a draw. If he wants he'll sit out his contract and go back to pro wrestling and then get tired of that in 2 years and do something else.

Lesnar could be a much better fighter, if he would just take the time to work on becoming more well rounded, instead it looks like after the beatdown by Cain he's just going to run scared like a bitch for a bigger pay day.

WWE needs Brock more than the UFC does though. Even if he leaves the UFC has enough young guys coming up the ranks that are just as exciting and able to sell a show.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Rush, do you think he would do something stupid like trying to rush into a fight before Mania just to be able to make the show?

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
if he signed a fight soon then he could get in a good training camp then he could potentially fight on the UFC 128 card (the only PPV card before WM that isn't already booked fully) but the UFC would never do it.

For one they've already signed Shogun/Evans for the 205 lb title, Cro Cop and Faber are also signed for the card so its got some drawing power. Secondly most of the top HW contenders are injured or booked for fights or otherwise unavailable. Big Nog, Velasquez, Nelson are all out. Mir is available but a 3rd fight with Lesnar would have to be promoted huge and they won't have it the same card as the LHW title fight. They won't risk dos Santos/Lesnar especially when they have dos Santos as their #1 contender and Lesnar is on his last fight and wanting to leave. Thats Strikeforce level shit if they did that (ie Henderson/Shields :lmao)

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
So in short, his best hope for a WWE return and pay day is the ppv he made his name at, SummerSlam.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
i'd say so. He won't get out of his contract in time for WM.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Thanks for that info. I mean SummerSlam isn't Mania, but it is their second biggest show of the year and held in LA annually so it might work.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Hasn't really been made clear about if he is purely wanting to do this to make mania or just to be back apart of the WWE period and he just sees mania as the perfect time to comeback. That really the part I'm wondering about because if this is just to be apart of the WWE period then working out something where he'd just comeback at Summerslam would work.

Reaction score
Faber's now in UFC, Nick?

I recall Lesnar being medically suspended for 6 months following the Cain fight, which expires in April, past 'Mania, ruling out UFC sanctioning his last fight in that timeframe to complete his contractual duties and then perform at 'Mania.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
^ he was suspended for up to 6 months but they can get medically cleared before then.

Suspended 45 days, 30 days no contact for knockout. 60 days for left cheek laceration, and possibly 180 days unless cleared by ophthalmologist.

^^^ see.

Yeah Faber is in the UFC, have you been living under a rock? WEC is merging with the UFC.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The question i have is... say, hypothetically, Brock was able to work Wrestlemania and face Undertaker. Which one would job? I can't imagine Brock throwing away his UFC career to job in a one-off gig at Wrestlemania, and i don't believe Undertaker's WM streak is likely to end (maybe his final match, but not yet at least), especially to Brock for a one-off match deal.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
That problem you just described is why I think Brock would be leaving UFC for a full-time, part-time role with WWE.