Report: Lesnar wants out of UFC, seeking Wrestlemania deal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

What if all Oldies left TNA?

TNA having so many oldies in their business. such as, Jeff Jarret, Kevin Nash, Scott Stiener and Sting.
What do you all think if all the oldies exit TNA and be replaced by younger rosters?

Would it be a positive or a negative move? Please state all the possibilities tha could happen!

King_Ash

Reaction score
I dont think they would have much choice but to sell out to the WWE, half of the reaon I watch the TNA clips are to see the ex WWE/WCW guys.

03mnm

Reaction score
I dont think they would have much choice but to sell out to the WWE, half of the reaon I watch the TNA clips are to see the ex WWE/WCW guys.

Me too I love all the oldies in TNA and they are not really that bad. I mean Sting is putting younger stars over like Abyss, Kevin Nash is helping out the X Division guy and I think Nash is Hilarious.

v1-power

Reaction score
it would be a bad move i love watching kevin nashs promos and sting wrestle but most of all jeff jerrett is a classic tna man

Captive8

Reaction score
I think Jarrett and Steiner need to leave TNA. Sting has been great since Jarrett has left in carrying Abyss and giving him something to do, a good storyline, and good rub. Kevin Nash has been doing a great job with his PCS and now taking Sonjay and Jay Lethal under his wing. The skit about the Dolls with Sting and Somoa Joe was hiliarious.

Truth

Reaction score
Well Jarret is a great heel and when he comes back will put some young guy over, as well as a fued with Angle, then he will most likely unoficially retire from wrestling. Steiners part of this whole heel stable thing, after that storylines done he'll be out. Sting is doing a great job so far putting over Abyss, and hopefully a few more young gunners to come. Nash is doing great with the X Division stuff, hes hilarious, and has now taken Dutt and Lethal and is helping them out, like he did Shelley and Star earlier. Theres much more "oldies" in TNA, and if those four left it wouldnt be a big hit, there doing fine without Jarret right now, did fine without Steiner for that time being, could do without Nash, the only big hit would be Sting.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I agree with Captive 8. I've never been a big JJ fan and Steiner, everyone knows he's no good. But Nash's current role as a "coach" or whatever is great. He could stick around and I wouldn't mind seeing a few matches from him every now and then. As far as Sting goes, he still has life in him, but not much. I definitely think his main purpose there is to put over Christian. Once that's done well enough, he can leave.

This Guy

I have to disagree with everyone who likes Nash's current role. Anyone who thinks this is actually getting the X-Division over needs to really think about this. The only person getting over in this story line is Kevin Nash. And unless he's stepping through the ropes again to wrestle, there is no point.

So with that said, yeah I don't think Nash, or Stiener and obviously Jarrett are doing anything for the company right now, they could go and TNA wouldn't be effected. And although I am usually quite anti-TNA and use the fact that Sting and Jarrett for example were in the main event when Christian was the champion last time as an example of why, I do actually beleive that you need guys like Sting and Angle for example to help create new stars. However TNA isn't using them that way. TNA signed Angle. Angle yeah should have come in and crushed guys that were not in the main event picture like AJ Styles, and Rhyno, & Daniels and so on. Lead up to a fued with Joe and in the end Joe should have gone over. Instead Angle came out on top in the first fued he had...ironically with Joe and is already in the Title Picture, fighting another already established star in Christian. Even if Christian goes over which there is a good chance he will, who cares? Angle now goes into fued with Stiener? For what? Who gets elevated by this fued? And if Angle does win tonight does he and Stiener fued for the title? This is not how you make new stars.

But you can't get rid of guys like Angle though because if they were all gone TNA would fold faster then a nervous first timer at a poker game. As many of you said, the only reason you watch TNA is for the oldies....and no offense, but thats sad if thats the only reason to watch.

phantomgerald

jarrett owns tna, he won''t leave for a long long time to come

This Guy

Jarrett doesn't own TNA. TNA is owned by Panda Energy and is controled at the helm by Dixie Carter. Jarrett is just a high ranking executive in the company.

xtremebadass

Chances are it wouldn't be good, in order to have new talent, you need old guys to make them stars, without old stars, new talent would just be considered garbage without a cent to their name

Wrestling Station

Nice feedbacks here, i have few comments:
Kevin Nash: he is doing some comedy stuff backstage, but if only making shows it is no good for the roster himself. If compare with DX for example, yes they do comedy shows, but they also wrestle in the ring so often, and carry the show in the ring too.

Angle/Stiener feud: TNA are playing silly with making a title shot within hands if someone feud with number one contender! Why bring a washed out oldie and for several months of absence to get to feud for a big title shot? That is an unprofessional mistake TNA made with accepting such a storyline imo.

Jeff Jarret: This guy being as the most hated person in TNA, he did nothing new to the business except hearing more boos amoung the crowds than actually do something to improve a storyline or a booking.

Sting: I think he still has the big name as (Hulk Hogan has in WWE) and this is great for keeping fans and kids watch TNA due to Sting's great long history as a legend.

Im not quiet sure about the Dudley Boys, they lost the tendency of being pushed after leaving WWE. I put them in the same category of being oldies as they are really old. I dunno what you all think about them?

Reaction score
Jeff Jarret: This guy being as the most hated person in TNA, he did nothing new to the business except hearing more boos amoung the crowds than actually do something to improve a storyline or a booking.

Im not quiet sure about the Dudley Boys, they lost the tendency of being pushed after leaving WWE. I put them in the same category of being oldies as they are really old. I dunno what you all think about them?

I don't think Jeff is the most hated person in TNA. He's the reason TNA exists. People find him boring as a performer but I think they appreciate that he has an important role to play. TNA was definitely better with him on the booking team rather than Russo, even if it did include him on top.

I've got a soft spot for the Dudley's, as have a lot of people. They teeter on the brink of being convincing challengers for the NWA tag titles and being a pantomime act. 'D-Von! Get the tables!' is the new 'He's behind you!'

Old stars are important in legitimising a company. WCW added worth to their company by stealing the WWF's marquee talent and TNA are doing the same thing, just not nearly so successfully. TNA without old stars would be ROH.

03mnm

Reaction score
I think Jeff Jarrett is one of the greatest heels of all time. Noone has been as bad as Jarrett and he can still put on a good match. I personally cant wait for Jarrett to come back. The whole Steiner vs. Angle I am looking forward to seeing because you might call it pointless but what about when WWE had the whole Ric Flair v HHH feud it might not have put any superstars over but sure was a good feud and some good matches came from it. Everybody just hates it because Russo booked it. people should give Russo a chance