Report: Lesnar wants out of UFC, seeking Wrestlemania deal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Why should people give Russo a chance? He has a massively poor record for creating bad wrestling TV and he's just cementing that record by lowering quality of TNA programming. Should TNA keep giving him chances because he may have had an influence in the WWF 10 years ago and happens to be Jarrett's buddy until he runs the company into the ground? Seems like a stupid way to a run a wrestling company to me.

phantomgerald

have to agree with u. i actually thought u guys made russo sound worse than he actually was cause i never really watched him in WCW, but now that i see tna, i regret i ever though he could improve tna.

Baller

Reaction score
http://sportsfullcircle.com/2010/12/sources-brock-lesnar-may-leave-ufc-eyes-wwe-return/

Here's an excerpt:

"Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that UFC fighter Brock Lesnar is attempting to get out of his contract in order to return to World Wrestling Entertainment. Lesnar has been seldom heard from since his October 23rd loss to Cain Velasquez, in which he lost the UFC Heavyweight Championship.

After the fight, Lesnar and WWE Superstar Mark “The Undertakerâ€￾ Calaway got into a verbal scuffle. Many viewed it as a set-up by WWE head Vince McMahon in order to get Lesnar to return to the WWE for Wrestlemania 27, as Lesnar was a member of the company from 2002-2004. UFC President Dana White refused to acknowledge any attempts from McMahon, and refuted Lesnar was interested."

Yesterday, WZ exclusively reported that Vince McMahon is still very interested in bringing Lesnar in for WrestleMania, however unrealistic that may be. You can read the report if you CLICK HERE.

Wrestlezone.com

Please be true!!! :pray:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well wow I'm pretty shocked by this I must say considering he is UFC's biggest draw so something must have really went bad in his relationship with Dana for this to come up. Would love to see him back in WWE personally.

Baller

Reaction score
I guess Lesnar doesn't want another ass whooping :lol: But also the WWE must pay better considering he only fights 2-3 times a year, while WWE is year round, and he will be main eventing immediately.

SAL

Reaction score
Really really strange. I don't believe this, even if Meltzer's the one reporting it. Lesnar hated the grind, why would he give up his UFC career for a one-time or part-time gig? Though on the other hand, I'm pretty sure Vince is ready to back up the armored trucks to bring him back in.

Baller

Reaction score
Really really strange. I don't believe this, even if Meltzer's the one reporting it. Lesnar hated the grind, why would he give up his UFC career for a one-time or part-time gig? Though on the other hand, I'm pretty sure Vince is ready to back up the armored trucks to bring him back in.

Lesnar will be getting a mega pay day. Lesnar vs Taker at Wrestlemania will be a major major draw. And plus it will give huge name value to Smackdown, I would assume he would start there.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm assuming if he went back to WWE he'd not only get a big pay day but a nice part time deal. But I'm still not fully believing this cause I don't see Dana willingly letting Brock out his contract.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
According to Dave Meltzer of Yahoo Sports, former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is looking for an "exit strategy" to get out of his UFC contract, which most believe currently has one fight left on it. Lesnar "badly" wants to work WWE's WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view in Atlanta next year and has been talking with WWE officials about how a deal can be reached..

The MMA world has been buzzing about this story since Dave Melzer broke the news on Monday night. Meltzer said on his radio show that the fight with Velasquez has changed Brock's attitude on fighting and he is at the stage in his life where he doesn't want to get injured. He's very well off financially and the business man in him apparently knows that it may be time to move on.

Lesnar has been hunting and hasn't even thought about his next fight. Lesnar apparently wants to do WrestleMania "badly" and will earn an estimated $2 million dollars for 30 minutes of work.

Its widely known that Lesnar was miserable with WWE's brutal travel schedule and vowed to never be on the road with WWE 200 days a year again. With the mainstream success he's had in the UFC and the insane drawing power he's displayed during his time there, he could make a truckload of money working WrestleMania and a few other limited appearances.
I would fucking LOVE for Brock to come back and destroy some bitches with the beard he rocked in the Cain fight. It's totally understandable why he would want to work the limited dates leading into Mania for the huge pay day he would receive.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Good lord 2 mill for an appearance. I see why he's interested in that case that's a whole lot of cash for one match. Could be very well worth it for WWE tho due to how big Brock has become.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I could see WWE paying Brock to replace Rock so to speak. He would just have to do the part time pop up role like Rock did when he really got into making movies and would show up on Raw or for a feud. They tried to get Hulk to do it years ago.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The biggest drawing match Vince could possibly put on would be Brock vs Mayweather in all honesty. The two greatest fighters and draws in their respective sports going one on one at WrestleMania.

SAL

Reaction score
Hey guys, PSYCH found a way to work Floyd Mayweather into this discussion!

They really should be careful about letting Brock work part-time. They only let Rock work part-time out of necessity, and Undertaker at least can hide behind injuries. I think there would be a lot of unrest in the locker room if they let someone work that schedule.