Report: Jeff Hardy leaving WWE after contract expires?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Credit: PWInsider.com

WWE is currently doing everything they can to try and sign Jeff Hardy to a new deal, as his current contract will be expiring in a few months. Over the last few weeks Jeff Hardy has turned down all attempts at a contract extension and new full-fledged brand new deal. WWE is so hell-bent on signing him to a new deal that they are offering him a 1-year extension to lock him in for just one more year.

The fact that Jeff Hardy has not yet re-signed, WWE has made the creative decision to make his feud with Matt Hardy go in Matt’s favor and rush through it. This is also one of the reasons why Matt was moved to the RAW brand.

So far Hardy has turned down everything they’ve thrown at him, and he’s said to be looking at his options outside of the wrestling business. He’s not necessarily looking at TNA, but rather looking at taking some time off from the road to enjoy life and not have anything to do with WWE.

His current contract is said to expire in the next 2 to 4 months.

--------------

Wow... If that's true, they need to push new guys to the main event, because this would be a big loss. Like him or not, he fills a hole in the main event. Losing him would be a pretty big gap.

Soulpower

By the way, they mentioned this on PWinsider Elite... Just in case someone wants to post about how this isn't on the main page of the site.

xtremebadass

FUCK.

Come on? How can he do this? He is the most popular guy in the business and never gets random heat (like John Cena and CM Punk). He is a full blown face and should stay.

Soulpower

People shouldn't be surprised at this. I mean, we're talking about Jeff Hardy, a guy who's always done things a tad different from everyone else.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I would be very upset if he left. He sells tickets and merchandise and continues to improve.

The Rated R CMStar

I would be very upset if he left. He sells tickets and merchandise and continues to improve.

Maybe it wasn't your intention, but I sense you're kinda blaming WWE in that one. If anyone, blame Jeff.

Marvel26

Reaction score
I actually dont blame him...watching his matches and the way he is thrown around the ring, he has got to be seriously hurting. I know the majoirty of wrestlers will be hurting, but some of the bumps Hardy takes just look sick. So in that respect I can see why he wants to take a break from the industry altogether.

Airfixx

Time away from the business to indulge in other activities.... Hmmmm... Embracing the exciting world of 'Pursian Rugs' perhaps? :shifty:

....Can't say I'm completely surprised. Never had Jeff down as a 'lifer', but fair points above... He's as 'baby' a face as the WWE has right now

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I wasn't blaming the WWE, I was blaming both sides. If Jeff wants to pursue other things in life, he should look at what he is doing to a big population. Many people embrace Jeff as their favorite wrestler and as the guy they tune in to watch. If he just up and leaves, knowing he has plenty left in the tank, he is basically abandoning all the people who have supported him threw the years and supported his return after the first few drug incidents.

On the other side of things. The WWE should look at themselves as well. They gave him a one month title reign and now pushed him back down to the upper middle card. He had a ton of momentum going into his title reign and they basically killed it for a shitty feud with his brother? You can hardly blame Jeff for being fed up with the company for mistreating his huge push and basically sticking him back to where he started. And Jeff hardly needs the money to stick around and risk his body... so why should he?

Either pay the man a godly amount, or show him why you want him around.

noumenon

Can't say I'm shocked. I suppose it's better of he leaves on his own accord if he's feeling burnt out.
If this is indeed the case though perhaps the wrong Hardy stayed on Smackdown.

MikeRaw

I wasn't blaming the WWE, I was blaming both sides. If Jeff wants to pursue other things in life, he should look at what he is doing to a big population. Many people embrace Jeff as their favorite wrestler and as the guy they tune in to watch. If he just up and leaves, knowing he has plenty left in the tank, he is basically abandoning all the people who have supported him threw the years and supported his return after the first few drug incidents.

On the other side of things. The WWE should look at themselves as well. They gave him a one month title reign and now pushed him back down to the upper middle card. He had a ton of momentum going into his title reign and they basically killed it for a shitty feud with his brother? You can hardly blame Jeff for being fed up with the company for mistreating his huge push and basically sticking him back to where he started. And Jeff hardly needs the money to stick around and risk his body... so why should he?

Either pay the man a godly amount, or show him why you want him around.

If you think jeff is leaving because of his lack of title reigns, that's possible, but if it's true, he can fuck off. I'm betting it doesn't have anything to do with title reigns, and I'm betting it's because he's burnt out, injured, banged up, and sick of wrestling. BUT, you should stop blaming WWE. So what if he only had a 1 month title reign? Again, I don't think that's the issue with Jeff, but if it is, too bad. He needs to realise where he stands in the company, and although he's good, he hasn't made the improvements needed in things like mic skills, to prove he deserves great title reigns.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I just think the company can do more to keep him happy than they are doing.

davidian13

Reaction score
As much as Im surprised and kinda upset i can understand where hes coming from. As some stated Jeff has never been that conventional and when you think about it hes been running full force since his return back in 2006. I think its amazing looking at his 10 + career with the WWE.. hes never really gone down with a serious injury or at least one that would require surgery. How many wrestlers can say that? Im upset that hes leaving under his own terms especially while he on top but Id probably be more upset if he left b/c he got fired for a 3rd strike or something like that. Big loss for WWE if this is true but at least they still have Matt

noumenon

I think if it was title reigns that mattered to Hardy he would have been gone a loooong time ago. It's been said numerous times that wrestling really isn't his only passion unlike Matt. I'de rather see him leave on his own terms than get too burnt out and do something stupid.