Reid Flair passes away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
According to pwinsider.com, Reid Flair, the son of Ric Flair, passed away at the age of 24. The cause of death at this time is not known. Reid was found passed away this morning in Charlotte, North Carolina; he had just returned from working for All Japan.

Reid has been training for years to be a professional wrestler, with Bobby Eaton and George South training him. He was going to debut on ROH TV when his father was working for the company, but ROH backed off of the plans due to the younger Flair being arrested for heroin possession. Reid had recently been working for All Japan, and WWE had taken a look at him. Word was that WWE was considering signing him for the developmental system.

Jeez, only 24 man.....

Really feel for Ric, no father should have to outlive their son.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Very tragic loss for the Flair family.

I posted this in the WWE thread, so hopefully someone can trash my post since this one was up seconds before mine.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
[video=youtube;VRfTg2fcsdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRfTg2fcsdA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

This is truly sad news. My heart felt condolences go out to the Flair family at this time.

I hope this becomes a lesson to the rest of the young boys looking at breaking into the wrestling business. Stay clean.

The Viper

Reaction score
I was saddened when I heard this news and even more saddened when I heard it was most likely from his heroin problem. At 24 and he had a heroin problem about a year ago. Just horrible. I feel so bad for Ric. He's already gone through enough lately.

R.I.P. Reid

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well it's probably a drug overdose.

My condolences to Ric and the other Flairs.

The Viper

Reaction score
Well it's probably a drug overdose.

My condolences to Ric and the other Flairs.

He's been clean for a while. He just got home from Japan. Probably just caught up with him really quick. Either way, it sucks.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
He's been clean for a while. He just got home from Japan. Probably just caught up with him really quick. Either way, it sucks.
"We" think he's been clean. It's possible he relapsed in Japan or after he got home.

Either way I hope this gives other boys a reason to stay away from drugs.

The Viper

Reaction score
"We" think he's been clean. It's possible he relapsed in Japan or after he got home.

Either way I hope this gives other boys a reason to stay away from drugs.

Good point. Not everything was made public so some shit could have gone down while in Japan. I think he just got him in the last day or so. Maybe the trip was too much and he did overdose when he got home. All speculation right now. Such a bummer.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Good point. Not everything was made public so some shit could have gone down while in Japan. I think he just got him in the last day or so. Maybe the trip was too much and he did overdose when he got home. All speculation right now. Such a bummer.
The only thing to really take away from this tragedy is 24-years-old is too young to die. Treat your body with respect. #StraightEdgeSavior

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Really feel for Ric, no father should have to outlive their son.
One of the first things that entered my mind once my son was born, I can't imagine what Ric is going through right now.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
A day before his death, Reid wrote a message on Twitter announcing he would be appearing in Maryland this weekend for independent wrestling shows.

“Two shows in Maryland this weekend with @RicFlairNatrBoy. Good #wrestling and even better times ahead," he wrote.

That's heartbreaking.