Reboots and Remakes Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

W-olf

Reaction score
This is a discussion not a bashing I got curious with all of the remakes and reboots .

Are they good worth it (over all ) ?

And what show or movies would you like them to remake or redo that may or may not be in the works .

I'll get the ball rolling I'd like to see something from John Doe .It just ended without any explanations .
For anyone who isn't familiar .......................

John Doe (TV Series 2002–2003)

60 min - Drama | Mystery | Sci-Fi
Your rating: -/10

Ratings: 8.0/10 from 3,379 users
Reviews: 48 user | 3 critic

A man who seems to know everything but his own name helps police solve crimes as he searches for his identity.
Creators:

Brandon Camp, Mike Thompson
Stars:

Dominic Purcell, Jayne Brook and John Marshall Jones

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
If the question is are they worth it to the studio that makes them then the answer is yes. They generally tend to be profitable and that's all anybody in Hollywood really cares about. If its a question about the quality then no, they are normally not worth watching unless you're new to the concept and have never seen the original. It's just hard to compare a film you grew up with (such as Halloween) to a new version.

W-olf

Reaction score
For me its Transformers but I was curious if there was were more shows or movies that the studio's aren't making that you'd like them to make .

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
For me its Transformers but I was curious if there was were more shows or movies that the studio's aren't making that you'd like them to make .

No, I only want to watch original concepts, which is basically impossible these days.

W-olf

Reaction score
Yep agreed and Like I listed John Doe for a finish cuz it stopped mid season but there is none I can think of as well .

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
As far as movies go, I would like to see either a remake/sequel to Pump Up The Volume. It could really go either way and with the new technology they could really do something different with it now. Have Christian Slater back to reprise his role of Mark/Happy Harry Hard-On, but as a teacher or someone with some influence and find out what happened with him since the end of the movie.

It was just something I was thinking about a couple of weeks ago while watching Pump Up The Volume.

W-olf

Reaction score
That's not a bad idea , I didn't even think of that one and I should have I liked Slater ever since Kuffs (ok probably before that lol) .

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I've had a man crush on Christian Slater for as long as I can remember. Ever since Legend of Billie King and Heathers and Gleaming The Cube. I remember him most from Heathers since to start though cause I didn't remember him being in Legend of Billie King until after watching Heathers.

W-olf

Reaction score
And Young Guns 2 I knew I liked him before Kuffs hehe . The one with Tomei was quite good I dont remember Heathers that well but I did see Wizard or The Wizard before I really knew who he was.

Swinny

Reaction score
There are some movies I watch and afterwards think "that could have been so much better if it was done now or with someone else doing it." Can't think of any examples right off the type of my head, but there definitely are some. However, these don't seem to be the movies people are remaking, they'd rather remake classics that people loved the first time around and didn't really have any flaws to begin with, or foreign films that just came out a couple years ago and are completely unnecessary to remake.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Dead Heat with Piscapo and Treat Williams would be a great remake

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

W-olf

Reaction score
Dont think I ever seen that one , is it any good?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
One show I wouldn't mind them restarting would be Firefly. I loved that show and the movie.

Now on the remake side of it. I have not really seen to many remakes that I have like that are better or just as good as the original except for True Grit.

And with Swinny I also have watched films thinking that this could have been so much better if done differently but sadly I can not think of any.