Raw Rating 5/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I was kinda surprised by the 6-Man Tag losing as many viewers as it did.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Really....? :themiz:

:brodus:

It was Random, Pointless, Predictable WWE Tag Match #6,420,875,319, but it had some well-drawing superstars in it.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
The Big Show segment gained viewers? In my face. Well, he was getting fired though, I understand.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Lol @ the whole IWC hating on big show segment and it made the biggest draw.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
stephan1 said:
Lol @ the whole IWC hating on big show segment and it made the biggest draw.

Time slot. It was on the hour. Mae Young v Khali would draw in that segment. You think 1 million view-draw was because of Big Show or Johnny freaking Ace? Lmao

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Time slot. It was on the hour. Mae Young v Khali would draw in that segment. You think 1 million view-draw was because of Big Show or Johnny freaking Ace? Lmao

Yes

"Kane vs. Big Show and John Laurinaitis firing Show gained 1,033,000 viewers for a 3.37 quarter rating. This was one of the best 10pm gains of the year for RAW."

The segment obviously sucked, but clearly people were interested in seeing what was happening.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Crayo said:

What Dolph said, don't let your hate for Big Show cloud your judgement. :eek:tunga: :bury:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Facepalm.

Does anyone here understand segment slots apart from Rainman? I expected Dolph too but obviously not.

Put anyone in that segment - it draws.

Starting segment - You have your set number.
Any segment after - Loses viewers. Never gains.
Segment after - loses as it's normally between advertisements.
End of first hour/beginning of second - gains. Brand new set of 9'o clock viewers come in.
Segment after - Loses or gains, depending how good the second hour is. Normally loses now.
Segment after - Will lose all the time.
Main event - Will always draw. Even Punk draws here (sorry Punk marks). The only times this loses viewers is during big sport-events, and even then it's rare. The only reason both the always-drawing segments were so big this week is because of how bad the other slots were. Jesus, it's common sense. Even if Miz was in there I wouldn't be bumming his drawing segment on the first hour.

You always have a sub-main event segment in the end of the first hour. Why? Loads of new viewers, if the segment is good, they stay for the 2nd hour which normally is much better than the first in terms of ratings.

End of class.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Facepalm.

Does anyone here understand segment slots apart from Rainman? I expected Dolph too but obviously not.

Put anyone in that segment - it draws.

Starting segment - You have your set number.
Any segment after - Loses viewers. Never gains.
Segment after - loses as it's normally between advertisements.
End of first hour/beginning of second - gains. Brand new set of 9'o clock viewers come in.
Segment after - Loses or gains, depending how good the second hour is. Normally loses now.
Segment after - Will lose all the time.
Main event - Will always draw. Even Punk draws here (sorry Punk marks). The only times this loses viewers is during big sport-events, and even then it's rare. The only reason both the always-drawing segments were so big this week is because of how bad the other slots were. Jesus, it's common sense. Even if Miz was in there I wouldn't be bumming his drawing segment on the first hour.

You always have a sub-main event segment in the end of the first hour. Why? Loads of new viewers, if the segment is good, they stay for the 2nd hour which normally is much better than the first in terms of ratings.

End of class.

The main thing I wonder is, what is a "viewer"? I just pressed Channel Up a bunch of times on my TV to get from ESPN (channel 32) to Spike TV (channel 69). Does that mean I was a viewer for every show that airs at 9:00 on every channel between 32 and 69? And how do they even get their ratings?

I know it affects business, so I pay attention. But that's all I know.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
No shit that top of the 2nd hour is a segment that draws, but you clearly blow at reading comprehension because it says plain as day that it was "one of the best 10pm gains of the year for RAW"- dumbass

Rainman said:
The main thing I wonder is, what is a "viewer"? I just pressed Channel Up a bunch of times on my TV to get from ESPN (channel 32) to Spike TV (channel 69). Does that mean I was a viewer for every show that airs at 9:00 on every channel between 32 and 69? And how do they even get their ratings?

I know it affects business, so I pay attention. But that's all I know.

Do you not know how the Nielsen ratings work bro? It's based on people filling out sheets, not how many people are actually literally watching a channel. Unless you are filling out their form your viewership doesn't actually mean shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_ratings

They have more technological ways to measure ratings now, but they aren't in wide use yet.

Reactions: Snowman1

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Double facepalm.

When a combination of two early segments lose nearly 1,000,000 viewers Dolph, the always drawing segment is going to draw a HELLA lot back. How do you find this so hard to understand? Serious talk though, if you have zero or little knowledge on a subject - don't jump into a debate and start calling people "dumbasses" because it makes you look incredibly stupid - that's the definition of irony right there.

Forgot I have to further explain things so once again I did a text-diagram.

-On the hour segment regularly draws at least 400-500k, even on bad days. Good days it can be 600-700.
-2 segments from first hour lose nearly 1m viewers. WAY more than normal, that's over double.
-On the hour segment draws nearly 1m back. That's a combination of new viewers (400-700k) AND returning visitors from the 900k that switched off (500-700).
-VOILA WE HAVE A BIG DRAWING SEGMENT.

Rinse & repeat for main-event.

End of second class.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Dumbass. Stop acting like a genius on the subject and it's some impossible equation that is over my head. I understand completely how wrestling ratings work bro, and for you to suggest otherwise makes you seem like an elitist douche. Stop letting your big show hate cloud your judgement and move on with your day.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
All I got from that was "I knew all along and I'm trolling you" because if you generally think Big Show and Ace are draws then I'm confused as fuck. I'm not acting at all, I actually do know this stuff otherwise I wouldn't jump into debates like some.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are trolling me though :angry:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't think Ace/Big Show in general is a draw, hell no. I do think Ace 'firing' Big Show brought in a bunch of dumbass casuals who thought Big Show was being genuinely fired, yes.

Reactions: Snowman1