Raw Rating 5/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Oh god I can't wait for the break downs lmfao.

This is great news. We're in for a good summer.

Adding spoiler tags for @[Crayo]. You have been warned.

In the segment breakdown, the opener with Paul Heyman and Triple H started strong with a 3.32 quarter rating. CM Punk and Santino Marella vs. Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan plus the Beth Phoenix vs. Alicia Fox match lost 601,000 viewers. John Cena’s Make-A-Wish segment lost 370,000 viewers and did the lowest rated quarter in months with a 2.64 rating.

Kane vs. Big Show and John Laurinaitis firing Show gained 1,033,000 viewers for a 3.37 quarter rating. This was one of the best 10pm gains of the year for RAW. Brodus Clay, R-Truth and Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz, Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger lost 996,000 viewers.

Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho gained 108,000 viewers and the closing segment with Cena and Laurinaitis gained 990,000 viewers for a 3.43 overrun rating. This was among the best overrun gains of the year.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
All segment times. Ace was in the two best segments of the night, believe me, although we love him, he's no draw.

JoeRulz said:
The highestts rateed wrestling h shows are usualy the worst oness.

Bullshit. When WWE was racking in 5.0-7.0 ratings in the past, they were the best thing around.

Dolph is right in this thread. We care because if the rating is high, the product won't change that much and as fans we can either like or dislike that. If it goes down, or has a really bad period, something normally happens.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I will put myself in Dolph's, Crayos and R'albins corner. Once the ratings get low enough they will have to improve the product.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
lol, I had a feeling the Big Show getting fired segment would be a draw in the breakdown.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Thanks. Something happened to the pic I had, it was removed on the host site or something. The look on Frank's face coming in for a handshake and Nick coming in with the bird is hilarious

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He deserved it, he tried trash talking Nick and failed. I mean, no offence to Nick, but it can't be hard to out-trash talk him lmao. For once I mark for a guy with zero mic skills lolol.

But yeah Nick's replies were classic. But that picture is just perfect. #TakenOverAnotherThreadFFS

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
No mic skills?!?!? Here's a classic promo that disagrees

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/i9R8BfMa08Y[/video]

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Bullshit. When WWE was racking in 5.0-7.0 ratings in the past, they were the best thing around.

I wasn't comparing wrestling periods (DUH!), I was talking about patterns inside of certain periods.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
R'Albin said:
I'm with Dolph's and Crayo. When ratings go down the show tends to get better.

Or they bring in Hogan as GM. #OnTopic

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
JoeRulz said:
I wasn't comparing wrestling periods (DUH!), I was talking about patterns inside of certain periods.

This theory is hit or miss. Sometimes good shows get bad ratings, sometimes bad shows get good ratings, but just as often as that happens a good show will get good ratings, or a bad show will get bad ratings. This is a perfect example of a shit show getting a shit rating.

The same thing happens with segments sometimes. We all agree the Big Show segment was pathetic, but it brought in over a million viewers. The flip side of that is Paul Heyman (in his return- a very good segment) also brought in a lot of viewers.

Crayo said:
Who doesn't draw #Irony

Crayo said:
Who doesn't draw #Irony

reported for double posting GODDAMN IDIOT