RAW after WM

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

fuzzy

Reaction score
I get it, but the differance between then and now is simply that, back in those days the wrestlers that had a long wait build up feud, were there throughout the whole build up to their match. but now you have a match between Cena who is gonna be there every week yet his feuding opponent, the Rock is gonna be MIA for most of the time. the guy has a film coming out mid april, he's gonna be off promoting and attending opening dates in different cites, not to mention that he also has other films coming out this yr and next, and unless every one of his films are gonna be Animated, he's gonna be M...I...A.... for most of the feud.

On the plus side, at least we know that Cena ain't gonna win the Royal Rumble....:)

...god...

Reaction score
Sigh, Rock has to come back. What sane man could turn down 70 fucking thousand people chanting your name. This is obviously where he belongs and that's one of the only good things WM did of showing. The only way this could work is if this Corre shit leads to Rock returning to action and actually wrestling and competing as a wrestler engaging in feuds; Rock vs. Miz for the title, Rock vs. Orton, Rock vs. Punk, Rock vs. HHH, etc. Hopefully then, Cena gets drafted to SD and when WM comes around, you could have both be champion and make it a unifying match. The ONLY thing there is, what the fuck happened to Undertaker vs. Cena?

Reaction score
So since Rock and Cena are facing each other at Mania what's the likelihood that Rock and Cena will win the tag titles? Cause WWE has such a hard on for the two people facing each other win the tag titles bit.

Kaedon

Reaction score
So since Rock and Cena are facing each other at Mania what's the likelihood that Rock and Cena will win the tag titles? Cause WWE has such a hard on for the two people facing each other win the tag titles bit.

Quoted for Truth

ackj

Reaction score
I don't necessarily think Cena's year will be booked around this. He can still have his regular couple feuds per year, and have them end at the RR, and then some involvement of Rock would bring us back to the current feud. It's not a slow build that way though. It's kind of a build, long pause where we forget, and then another build. Kind of like the orton/punk thing. I completely forgot about that punt from 2 years ago, but they brought it back.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
Except the difference between this and, say, Orton/Punk is that we know that Cena vs Rock is happening next WM, so any feud that Cena is involved in between now and then is pointless because we know it's going to end around RR, thus eliminating any real credulity to the feud.

Reaction score
But the average WWE fued is built, on average, in a month and runs 1-3 months. So in the next ten months Cena can't have any credible feuds? That statement doesn't make any sense because by that logic all feuds lack credibility.

1chiban

Reaction score
I am personally looking forward to seeing how they maintain the heat in the feud. I would assume Rock will disappear at least for a while.
And I don't think Cena's feuds will be pointless from now until WM 28 as there is always the little issue of whether of not the title will become involved in the Rock-Cena match. There's one variable at least.

If they can pull this off (I have little hope in the WWE Creative team tbh) then it could be absolutely brilliant. The match won't be a classic as we're talking about Cena here (Mr Alvarez made a good point on Monday - Cena should be MUCH better that he is considering he's been in in the WWE for near on a decade now. I personally think he has got better, albeit not by leaps and bounds) but if they continue to build it well then we have ourselves a massive buyrate (well, by today's standards in wrestling) next year. I think this year's will be much bigger than the past few years' rates, so WWE could have two very good years in a row where 'Mania is concerned.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
I see your point Enzo, but in a normal feud even though you really know that it's not going to go on forever, you still suspend your disbelief until it reaches its conclusion. In this case that won't be possible.

Mizard of Oz

Reaction score
I think what the WWE did there was just simply get the Rock out of the picture between Cena/Miz. It'd be stupid for Cena to fight someone else @ Extreme Rules besides the Miz for the title.

fuzzy

Reaction score
it be nice if the rock starts messing around with Cena in his big matches, like at ER, during the match have the rock's music hit draw cena's attention and have miz win to retain the title or something. just to keep the heat on the feud.

Axis

Reaction score
That would be get very annoying and predictable after 12 PPVs.

fuzzy

Reaction score
That would be get very annoying and predictable after 12 PPVs.
i'm with you, it be beyond annoying. but i never said they should do it for 12 ppv's, just for ER. then have the rock show up two weeks following the ppv and maybe have like a showdown that leads to a few back and forth punches, have the corre come out and challenge both to a handicap match at the next ppv....
what do you Axis? thumbs up? thumbs down?

Axis

Reaction score
i'm with you, it be beyond annoying. but i never said they should do it for 12 ppv's, just for ER. then have the rock show up two weeks following the ppv and maybe have like a showdown that leads to a few back and forth punches, have the corre come out and challenge both to a handicap match at the next ppv....
what do you Axis? thumbs up? thumbs down?

THUMBS UP! THUMBS WAY UP! GOOD! GOOD! GO ON, GET ON BATISTA'S SHOULDERS! THUMBS UP, PAL! YOU DID IT!

14.jpg

19.jpg

85.jpg