RAW after WM

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

fuzzy

Reaction score
One of the worst endings to a raw episode i've ever seen, what was that? Cena comes out and doesn't even mention a rematch for the title after losing on the biggest stage of them all? basiclly says that miz is better then he is and he doesn't anymore matches with him? lol and why did the corre come in and get a beat down, what was the point of that? and finally the rock isn't listening to his people that he proclaims to be listening to, because if he did, he wouldn't make his return match or his one more match set at WM28..he would make for at the least Extream Rules.

Sin Carra was very cool.....:)

1chiban

Reaction score
Poor Wade Barrett. I am surprised they didn't make it Summerslam, as they'll have to go some to keep it going over a year if The Rock is just going to be there sporadically?

However, WM 28 is in Miami, Rock's home town, so it makes sense to an extent.

Would be awful if Cena gets injured though and can't make it :x

Reaction score
Honestly, this was a great Raw. Really fucking ballsy to try and build a program over an entire year and its something that hasn't been done since the MegaPowers exploded. This is challenging for two reasons, wrestling fans this era are generally impatient fuckwits with the attention span of goldfish and demand instant grattification. And secondly the E bookers haven't been able to build proper slow build since the change of direction 15 years ago, the closest they came was the bastardization of Sheamus-Trips. At the very least it keeps Rocky in the picture for another year.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Agreed thoroughly.

The one thing I do love about the year-stipulation is that is almost guarantees we'll see The Rock in action before then. Another thing I do love though is, it really leaves it open for him to return full time whether he wins or loses. Why would you have him defeat Cena if he isn't going to be around anymore? You bury your main draw that way. And The Rock... the man who HAD to beat Hogan at Mania... who HAD to beat Austin at Mania... I really can't believe he won't ever feel as though he HAS to beat Cena at Mania if he does lose. We know Rock NEEDS to win... and if anyone can do a year-long buildup (which will require some very sporadic encounters), it's Rock and Cena.

As far as Raw goes, I liked it. I thought it was almost a little bland that Triple H felt as though he had to put Undertaker over... but it fits perfectly with the fact that he walked out and Taker didn't, and it further immortalized the phenom. I wish that he'd have made some sort of gesture to call Taker the last outlaw... would have been a nice touch.

However, I did mark a little when he made the comment about losing to Taker before... that was epic.

I loved some of the in-ring action... though I still cannot figure out what is going on between Morrison and Ziggler. These two just began feuding because of a match, but there's been so little dialogue between the two of them (until Ziggler's comments last night which just buried LayCool, not really said anything about the feud), that it feels worthless. I mean, it's not like one of those issues where a couple superstars can put on some matches a couple weeks in a row and you follow it as them just having matches... I suppose having Vickie involved, I'm expecting something to be boiling for the Ziggler/Morrison feud, but I don't know.

Sheamus vs. Bryan was a good match, not anything extremely amazing, but it was a good match. I like Sheamus' new attire, although I feel it's spoiled already as it seems Sin Cara will be taking the belt.

Speaking of which (aside from the trampoline entrance which completely caught me off guard), Sin Cara didn't look like he wasn't WWE material like reprts were suggesting about his dark matches. And I liked the buildup for catching Sheamus off guard. I almost forgot he was supposed to debut last night, so I wasn't fully expecting it when it went down. The cross body was fucking insane too.

fuzzy

Reaction score
but don't you think that the rock and cena match should happen a bit sooner than WM28?
I agree with enzo, fans these days just don't wanna wait for anything, so you would think that wwe would make that match happen before WM28 and maybe have it end with an epic ending at WM28 instead.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Yes, but the build up, the anticipation... if they really commit to this storyline, we'll see one of the biggest Mania matches ever. While fans are short-term in memory today... being reminded every once in a while, along with all of the media outlets they can reach out to... and again, having The Rock possibly run a couple programs before next year... have a contract signing at like Survivor Series...

...it isn't difficult to botch this... but it's not that difficult to keep it fresh in people's minds either... and again, you're looking at possibly bringing back a lost generation of fans... people who will tune in to see The Rock... this story won't die in people's minds.

And the fact that people (like you) are itching to see it at the very next PPV just goes to show how anticipated this matchup is.

Now, I'll sit and wait for all the bastards who want to sit and say "this will be another one of the promises that The Rock backs out of..."

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
Presumably this means that Cena won't be in the title picture come 'Mania 28 either which is reassuring.

Kaedon

Reaction score
This is old school. Programs USED to build for more than 6 months before a payoff before, now were lucky if we get 3 or 4 because a lot of people are stupid and have short attention spans. I am fucking JACKED for this. Unless...of course, Rock heels on everyone and backs out. Man would I be PIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Really fucking ballsy to try and build a program over an entire year and its something that hasn't been done since the MegaPowers exploded. This is challenging.

It's not challenging at all. I'll tell ya what's going to happen. Rock will shoot 2 movies, come back in February, and continue the feud.

ackj

Reaction score
Overall I thought it was pretty good. Sheamus/Danielson matches are always pretty entertaining, although I could've sworn I saw that same match this summer (including the stomping afterward). Sin Catta (sorry, can't roll my Rs) was definitely impressive. Fast, agile, and amazing cross body. I like the music too. Although he's clearly going to be in a feud with Sheamus now, I can see him doing something with Rey with the masks and agility, or against ADR with the whole Mexican heritage thing. Cena yet again changed his color to up merch sales, and he basically said "hey guys, miz is no longer heel, cheer for him" without being upset about the match at all. I'm not sure if the Corre (why the extra letter?) will ever be relevant, at least not as much as nexus was. I can see good tag and solo careers for corre members, however. I don't think Cena/Punk was ever really resolved, just kind of moved over to Orton after the EC, so maybe Cena will revisit that? I'm doubtful that the nexus will reform, many of them are likely caught in the post-WM firing, and even if they're still employed, Punk more or less denounced the group last week Monday.

fuzzy

Reaction score
The rock has a movie coming out mid april, so he's gonna be around in the next few upcoming weeks which is good for the feud. he also has two more films due out not sure of the dates but i know one of them will be some time before Summer Slam, so he should be in wwe for a few good months in 2011....:)
not too sure about 2012 though.

1chiban

Reaction score
Well he's going to have to be around at the start of 2012 to re-build the Cena match, surely?

fuzzy

Reaction score
One would hope so. But plans could change, maybe cena gets injured? maybe rock has a movie coming out in ealy 2012? lots of possiblities....:)

noumenon

Reaction score
The Triple H promo to open the show was fantastic. It almost went back in time and added even more to their match from Mania if that's possible. There were times during the promo where it really seemed like he was on the verge of turning heel, though he sadly didn't. It just has me a bit perplexed as to what's going on with him right now. He left this thing completely open ended with Taker. Will Taker be back before next Mania? Is Triple H going to DO ANYTHING until Taker gets back or is he just going to wait for him? I was really hoping for an ambush attack when he was walking up the ramp to set up a new feud. Maybe Trips was serious about backing off of the biz. Really hope not.

So. The used Rock to completely overshadow the champion leading into Mania, lay him out at Mania...only to set up a match between him and Cena for NEXT Mania? Really? I mean c'mon, this could have been done so many other ways. If I got the feeling that the Rock would be around now and again up until next Mania it wouldn't be a problem at all. However I'm not going to be naive on this one... I get the distinct feeling this is the last we'll see of the "People's Champ" until about a month or two before Wrestlemania 28. So what does this mean for Cena this year? His whole year has to be booked around a feud 12 months away. What's he supposed to do around Mania time, sit around with his thumb up his ass awaiting the return of the Rock? This should have been booked for Summerslam. A twelve month wait for a match with someone who JUST cost you the WWE title and won't even be around is just plain asinine.

Reaction score
^^^^Yah, but they didn't play it up as Rcok costing Cena the title, they played it up as Rock cashing a raincheck on Cena and Miz getting beat up...yah, that was asinine but Cena did put him over the next night on the stick, which makes me think if the E is testing the waters on a Miz face run. But Mania should have ended with Miz walking away and Rocky dropping a people's elbow on a still prone Cena.

While I can understand your point of view, I don't really agree with it. They're building this match to stuff 80-90k into that Miami stadium, to keep the Rock around on a semi regular basis which increases ratings and merchandising revenues and hopefully bring back some of the lost audience. Plus, it trains fans to buy into patience and the way epic matchups used to be built. Too often people bitch about how quickly a feud is thrown together, yet they complain on slow build. But trust me, from a business and entertainment perspective this is SMART business.