Raw 17/01/11 Discussion - Cena vs. Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Punk didn't TRY to talk until his music was over >_>...

...and to be honest, I didn't hear much of that reaction for Punk you're talking about other than when he politely apologized for interrupting The Miz. Speaking of Miz and HIS heat... where you seemingly turned down the volume on your television, Miz had heat on the stick when he first started down the ramp and people were erupting with reaction.

Oh, and Cena again, only got "CENA! CENA! CENA!" from the hormonal sluts in the audience, and Lawler; Punk pretty much got the brunt of his heat from those same females... Miz had the ENTIRE crowd against him.

fuzzy

Reaction score
For those who don't know, mason ryan is just an fcw guy. I also thought it was batista at first.
Thanks, that's what I was wondering. where did he come from. I bet some of the fans in attandance thought that this guy was Batista, I wouldn't be surprised if they make him the next Batista. and this is why I think they will..

Batista was with a group Evolution, big push after he broke away from the group.
Mason ryan has joined with the (new?) nexus and after awhile CM Punk is gonna start bullying him thus the break away from group and getting his push.
Any thoughts guys?

Kaedon

Reaction score
^Punk didn't TRY to talk until his music was over >_>...

...and to be honest, I didn't hear much of that reaction for Punk you're talking about other than when he politely apologized for interrupting The Miz. Speaking of Miz and HIS heat... where you seemingly turned down the volume on your television, Miz had heat on the stick when he first started down the ramp and people were erupting with reaction.

Oh, and Cena again, only got "CENA! CENA! CENA!" from the hormonal sluts in the audience, and Lawler; Punk pretty much got the brunt of his heat from those same females... Miz had the ENTIRE crowd against him.

ERUPTION?! Don't make me laugh, Taker gets an ERUPTION when he comes out, Cena gets an ERUPTION when he comes out, HBK got an ERUPTION when he came out....Miz got "Oh hey, hes the guy they want us to think is the best now, and oooo he's saying he's better than everyone else, let us play along."

fuzzy

Reaction score
The only time Miz is going to get an ERUPTION, is when he get's his over ratted shoulders pinned 1...2...3

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
ERUPTION?! Don't make me laugh, Taker gets an ERUPTION when he comes out, Cena gets an ERUPTION when he comes out, HBK got an ERUPTION when he came out....Miz got "Oh hey, hes the guy they want us to think is the best now, and oooo he's saying he's better than everyone else, let us play along."

LOL, no. Taker gets, "Holy Fuck I'll turn 73 before he finally gets to the fucking steps, and then 85 before he raises the lights back up so I can see my old wrinkly arms..." Then he gets the "Un-der-ta-ker!" chants from all the people trying to push him to move a little faster.

Cena doesn't get SHIT when he comes out, lmao... again, what Cena gets is a bunch of hormonal sluts in the crowd creaming their panties hoping he'll throw a hat or t-shirt their way when he gets into the ring.

Miz had people going crazy with the Really's walking down the ramp to the ring on Monday... and if you deny that, you're horribly reaching to stick to your belief that you think he's trash and doesn't get reactions from the crowd.

seX-Power

Reaction score
This whole argument is pointless if Kaedon doesn't grasp the fact that Miz gets (pretty great) heat. It's just a matter of stubbornness at the moment, and until he is over it there's no point in this continuing.

Kaedon

Reaction score
[video=youtube;CO9WQsxrqKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO9WQsxrqKE[/video]

Here's the video. Cena's pop (well his first one) comes at 1:20, when Miz's music hits the crowd sits on their fucking hands and do NOTHING. Wait, are you talking about when he's going "Really?" Ok, I'll give you that, but by that standard, R-Truth's "What's up" makes him one of the most over stars on the roster. After the crowd calms down (which took 2.5 seconds) they barely respond, less its a Cena chant, or at the end when Miz gets a chance to talk again.

Compare that to this, you know, a guy who's done something...

[video=youtube;ZM9ARxsHS_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM9ARxsHS_M[/video]

and you hear an explosion of boos.

Or this

[video=youtube;rqYncmIeIHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqYncmIeIHI[/video]

Thats a guy who's REALLY over.

Kaedon

Reaction score
This whole argument is pointless if Kaedon doesn't grasp the fact that Miz gets (pretty great) heat. It's just a matter of stubbornness at the moment, and until he is over it there's no point in this continuing.

"Pretty Good" when compared to scubs, yes, he gets pretty good heat; but when compared to the best the company has to offer. Does he have more heat than Thwagger, yeah probably, but he sucks, as does the Miz.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Oh, I forgot we're realistically comparing crowd reaction to a day when the fans actually tried to respond to superstars...

...in that case, as per my argument in the other thread, Cena doesn't get 1/50th the reaction that Stone Cold or The Rock got... so he's not over at all anyways.

In fact, I'll finally agree with you that Miz isn't over (so long as we're comparing today's stars and crowds to stars and crowds of the past)...

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I burst out laughing when the new Batista showed up.

Anyways, glad Punk didn't end up jobbing to Cena like I thought they would make him.

Axis

Reaction score
I was fucking pissed when it turned out that it WASN'T Batista. Batista having a random return only to bow down to Punk and become his bodyguard would be the greatest thing ever.

Reaction score
Anyways, glad Punk didn't end up jobbing to Cena like I thought they would make him.

No, Punk was too busy jobbing to a ten year old kid. See that scuffing around his eye? A ten year old kid did that to him at a house show or something. It was reported on the Observer, but I'm pretty sure once it makes it as an exclusive for the wrestling lounge or wrestlingnews.com someone will post it. But LMAO at Punk getting capped on by a kid.

Kaedon

Reaction score
^Oh, I forgot we're realistically comparing crowd reaction to a day when the fans actually tried to respond to superstars...

...in that case, as per my argument in the other thread, Cena doesn't get 1/50th the reaction that Stone Cold or The Rock got... so he's not over at all anyways.

In fact, I'll finally agree with you that Miz isn't over (so long as we're comparing today's stars and crowds to stars and crowds of the past)...

Dude the crowd never shuts up when he's out there. Half hate him, half love him, all respond to him, unlike the Miz.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Regardless we're not at the peak of the attitude era; the crowds are no-where near as responsive and no-one's as over as Rock & SCSA so your comparring Miz to either of those guys is entirely self-serving (not to mention futile).

(Just a thought, but when I first joined this forum there was a designated, stickied thread for HHH-bashing and anyone that descended into bashing him anywhere else would receive an infraction..... Maybe a similar thing can be created so that Kaedon has somewhere to indulge his little agenda without disrupting a bunch of other treads/discussions?)

Re: Punk/child biz... Much LOLZ!!!

Kaedon

Reaction score
Regardless we're not at the peak of the attitude era; the crowds are no-where near as responsive and no-one's as over as Rock & SCSA so your comparring Miz to either of those guys is entirely self-serving (not to mention futile).

Right, it's the crowd's fault that Miz doesn't draw a big enough reaction. They react like that to Cena, to Taker, why not to Miz if he's so over?