Raw 17/01/11 Discussion - Cena vs. Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer

Reaction score
So yeah, discussion to go here later on, I'll be watching this streamed, if anybody wants to watch with hit me up on MSN - pm me for details.

Also, why the fuck is it a 40 Man Royal Rumble? Jesus christ, wish they'd stop spewing shit.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
jesus christ a party thread and we still got 7 hours to go. At least do it right beer

RAW Preview: 'NEX TO FALL'
cmpunkstraightedgebym2kr.png
vs
72094662.jpg

The victim of CM Punk's malicious battering weeks ago, John Cena makes his way back to Raw in an attempt to deconstruct the second manifestation of The Nexus - this one under the command of Cena's opponent, The Straight Edge Superstar.

Kid in the Hall
68773288.jpg

Named the first inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2011, Shawn Michaels returned to Raw for the first time since retiring. The Showstopper punctuated his visit with Sweet Chin Music to the jaw of Alberto Del Rio.

(Awe)some of all fears
themizwwesuperstar5.jpg

Sending a startling message to WWE Champion The Miz just weeks before their title encounter at the Royal Rumble, Randy Orton led Jerry Lawler to a decisive victory over The Awesome One and his apprentice, Alex Riley, on Raw.

seX-Power

Reaction score
If the 40 guys in the Rumble thing is true, it just shows how bad the WWE is at building under-card feuds because I'm sure it's only been extended because they have nothing better to use their time with.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
40 guys? Jesus Christ....it's either going to be long and boring or a bunch of guys are going to be eliminated so fucking fast and in stupid ways to cut down some time.

What a waste.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'm actually open for this 40-man Rumble... something a little more innovative and keeps you guessing as it's going to be extremely difficult for an early participant to win it.

Punk's manipulation of the rule and the victory in the match was impressive... Mason Ryan seems like a good fit for the E, was hard to judge not seeing him IN the E prior to this... but he really did make an impression...

*Cue the haters* Miz was impressive tonight... the attack on Orton was solid.

The Morrison/Bryan match was cool...

The impromptu battle royal was fucking stupid...

seX-Power

Reaction score
After some thought I'm now supporting the 40 man rumble.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I'm on the fence with this one, on one hand it's a nice to see 40 for the first time but on the other hand LHR has a point, it's gonna go one of two ways, boring and long or fast and a waste of using 40 men in there.
Anyone know who that guy was that came in at the end of Cena vs CM punk's match? at first I thought it was Batista.

ThomC

Reaction score
Punk's manipulation of the rule and the victory in the match was impressive... Mason Ryan seems like a good fit for the E, was hard to judge not seeing him IN the E prior to this... but he really did make an impression...

Anyone know who that guy was that came in at the end of Cena vs CM punk's match? at first I thought it was Batista.

There ya go. Mason Ryan.

ahorrig

Reaction score
For those who don't know, mason ryan is just an fcw guy. I also thought it was batista at first.

Reaction score
For those that also don't know, Mason Ryan is HORRIBLE in the ring. Caught him at a house show, before the beard and as a baby face, and even squashing Zach Ryder he was awful. He makes Big Zeke and Otunga look like HBKs.

Reaction score
And Raw was awesome tonight. From the opening, great TV matches in Morrison/Bryan, Orton/Ziggler and Cena/Punk put on a really good fucking match. Punk's promos were awesome, and I don't give a shit what the one or two around here think, Miz was fucking incredible. And outside of Vicki, got the most heat, but of course the few haters will say it was because he was working with Cena and Orton. Punk's heat didn't rival Miz's heat, not at all. But all in all, Raw has been really solid ever since Miz won the title, great matches week in and week out, solid, solid promos from the likes of Punk, Miz, Cena and Sheamus.

BTW, Dolph Ziggler getting a title shot is the worse thing to happen since Lesnar fucked up Holly. The ONLY reason Ziggler get's ANY heat is because of Vicki. She got the most heat of anyone last night and anyone who thinks Ziggler would be where he is now without Vicki is lying. Dude has nothing without Vicki.

seX-Power

Reaction score
Isn't that the point of Vickie though. Using her heat to help out somebody that's struggling to get over with their own personality, so that they'll be more over when their partnership splits. If/when Ziggler turns face and dumps Vickie I guarantee he'll be pretty over at the end of it. Sure it's because of Vickie, but that's her point.

Reaction score
I don't know. Ziggler is pretty bland, forgettable and heatless without Vicki. When she announced him to the ring last night, her heat didn't transfer. He's not a great promo, an ok wrestler at best and his look is Billy Gunn camp, with a worse bleach job. He might garner some reaction while feuding with Vicki, but after that, I just don't see it.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Dolph works a match better than Miz. He works it like a man obsessed with winning at all costs; and you can see it in the way he moves, in the way he goes for a pin, and in the way he goes after an opponent. Miz looks like he's trying to think of what to do next instead of living in the moment like he was taught (because I know that's what Al Snow teaches as he's said as much numerous times).

If Miz's heat was so great, please tell me why Punk couldn't even talk until his music and the crowd died down, where as Miz just stood there looking like the unimpressive toolbag in a suit he is, and got no heat until the very end.