Raw 01.07.2013 Predictions CM Punk vs Ryback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
In my opinion the "cheap shots" served to enhance the feud. Since it became much more gritty and personal by the two using verbal low blows instead of what would be considered more traditional verbal jousting methods when two babyfaces square off.

Crayo said:
IIRC Cena and Rock had legit heat, and Rock went below the belt a few times with his shots as well. It made the promo's better, because they were both trying to one-up each other both on and off screen. That competitiveness resulted in entertainment.

Of course it made the feud better, but still,, Such a thing shouldn't be mentioned on TV IMO

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
BaraaKhalaf92 said:
Of course it made the feud better, but still,, Such a thing shouldn't be mentioned on TV IMO
Why not? A personal feud is a better feud, especially a year long one which by the time the road to wrestlemania had started had grown pretty stale due to the length of it. They needed a way to up the ante and they did.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I'm on my A game today :smug:

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
I think its just too much over the board, Rock has his ways of remembering some of the basic notes that he wants to hit during their promos...
I don't see it as a right thing for Cena to mention that on TV because its more of a real life shot than a kayfabe one.

Stopspot

Reaction score
BaraaKhalaf92 said:
I think its just too much over the board, Rock has his ways of remembering some of the basic notes that he wants to hit during their promos...
I don't see it as a right thing for Cena to mention that on TV because its more of a real life shot than a kayfabe one.

So Rock is allowed to use "underhanded" mic shots to get an upper hand on Cena whilst Cena is not allowed the same?

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
So Rock is allowed to use "underhanded" mic shots to get an upper hand on Cena whilst Cena is not allowed the same?

I can't remember any real life shots from the Rock on Cena TBH.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Stopspot said:

He raped his character which is something a lot of superstars did before, but I don't recall any real life shots from him tbh.

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Reaction score
Crayo said:
All you have done is bring up a poor Cena promo again? You have related to that twice now and ignored my point that everyone has bad promos. I can use YouTube too and post multiple lackluster Rock promos if you want? Those poor Rock promos have no effect in my general opinion of how good Rock is on the mic, and those Cena promos shouldn't either. Cena has had some immense promos with Punk before, I think most people on here have already stated that him and Punk had something special in terms of chemistry.

Cena more than competed with The Rock - one of the greatest talkers of all time - so that definitely puts Cena up there, if his other promos alone haven't already done that. It's also no surprise that almost every other pro would say and have said the same thing that I am saying now? Cena is one of the all time great talkers, I don't understand why people just can't accept it, whether you like his character or not.

Sure everyone has done bad promos. I posted the video because I think it symbolized Cena as a bad mic talker. CM Punk and Vince had alot of emotion in their promo. Cena's comments were far out of line. You don't walk into a heated and emotional promo and start telling bad jokes. His hometown did not react to his comments. They were so far into left field. Don't talk into a heated promo with jokes. This is pure common sense. This was the first time I have ever seen an emotion filled crowd transformed into a confused and bored crowd because some idiot named Cena totally ruined a great promo.

No one has to accept your opinion that Cena is one of the greatest mic talker. I think he is a bad mic talker. His promos are boring. He always get out-shined by someone else. Nothing he says stands out. Saying that you are a man is boring as hell. I don't care that you think you are a man.

Reactions: Testify

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
From my point of view:
Cena is one of the best mic talkers when in serious headlining feud, and a boring mic worker as hell when in normal feud.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Franklin said:
Sure everyone has done bad promos. I posted the video because I think it symbolized Cena as a bad mic talker. CM Punk and Vince had alot of emotion in their promo. Cena's comments were far out of line. You don't walk into a heated and emotional promo and start telling bad jokes. His hometown did not react to his comments. They were so far into left field. Don't talk into a heated promo with jokes. This is pure common sense. This was the first time I have ever seen an emotion filled crowd transformed into a confused and bored crowd because some idiot named Cena totally ruined a great promo.

You're arguing against someone being a good mic worker with content... Really? That has NO RELEVANCE in whether someone is a good mic worker. That's like saying The Great Khali is better on the mic than The Rock because in one promo he talks about destroying someone but Rock talks about playing kiss chase with Mae Young, you can't argue someone being good or poor based on the content they are given, how can't you comprehend that?

Stop bringing up that one single bad promo with shit content, everyone knows he shouldn't have interrupted at all, he ruined it. In some promos he has come out and actually saved it, I'm not bringing those up because it has no relevance at all.

thaRock

Jobber
Reaction score
ThaRock says this.... Tonight will be the start of the PEOPLE'S year! Tonight CM Punk and Ryback square off to see who will go one on one with the great one and lose the WWE championship. If you smelllllla what ThaRock (insert pause here) is cookin!

ThaRock found this link for 30 percent off Rock merchandise and save 10 percent on all orders over $60.

www.shopathomedeals.webs.com