Raw 01.07.2013 Predictions CM Punk vs Ryback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R Albin said:
I really hope this Rock/Punk fued is actually appreciated rather than a tonne of people going 'lol zomg Rock owned Punk' or vice versa like what happened with Rock and Cena. The promo(s) will be great and that's all that matters to me.

Completely agreed, though no doubt the instant-comparisons will be made which will over-shadow the actual joy we will have from two excellent mic workers.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
seabs said:
Urgggh the Pipebomb phrase is hideous, Jericho never dropped a Pipebomb and hes the great mic worker ever imho

Chris Jericho is great on the mic. "I don't need to put BITW on my shirt to prove that I am." That completely owned CM Punk.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Saylor said:
Chris Jericho is great on the mic. "I don't need to put BITW on my shirt to prove that I am." That completely owned CM Punk.

"And all the while, I'm here ON TOP, swimming with sharks while you're dancing with stars!" :pipebomb:

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Reaction score
I think Ryback will win this time. I can't see him losing 3 times in a row.

Crayo said:
Can't disagree with this any more than I do currently.

Also, Cena is considered by some as one of the best on the sticks. If Rock is and Cena more than competed with him he must be up there. Cena competed with Punk as well during the "Summer of Punk".

Strongly disagree. Cena is nowhere near The Rock's mic level. I don't see alot of people praising Cena's mic skills.

Cena's worst promo was during the CM Punk and Vince contract negotiations. CM Punk and Vince had the fans' excited and built up alot of emotion. Cena started making jokes and comments that were out of place. He took the emotion out of his hometown arena.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Franklin said:
I think Ryback will win this time. I can't see him losing 3 times in a row.

Strongly disagree. Cena is nowhere near The Rock's mic level. I don't see alot of people praising Cena's mic skills.

Cena's worst promo was during the CM Punk and Vince contract negotiations. CM Punk and Vince had the fans' excited and built up alot of emotion. Cena started making jokes and comments that were out of place. He took the emotion out of his hometown arena.

How come Cena out-shined Rock if he is no where near his level? Or do you no think he did? I'm sorry but how people can say he's no where near his level is beyond me, and then use one of his poor promos as a reason for that. I could being up one of the many dull Rock promos where it's just catch phrases and silly jokes and say he's an overrated mic worker bla bla bla, when we all know he is one of the greatest of all time.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
I don't get Cena tbh, sometimes I feel he has great mic skills (like some of his promos against Rock) but most of the time, it is just the same old shit.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
BaraaKhalaf92 said:
I don't get Cena tbh, sometimes I feel he has great mic skills (like some of his promos against Rock) but most of the time, it is just the same old sh*t.

I think it's a bit what I said earlier. With his top guy status the company expects him to represent certain ideals and thoughts to the crowd. Thus he has to follow a certain script unless he is locked in a "special" situation or feud.

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Reaction score
Crayo said:
How come Cena out-shined Rock if he is no where near his level? Or do you no think he did? I'm sorry but how people can say he's no where near his level is beyond me, and then use one of his poor promos as a reason for that. I could being up one of the many dull Rock promos where it's just catch phrases and silly jokes and say he's an overrated mic worker bla bla bla, when we all know he is one of the greatest of all time.

Your opinion isn't fact. I strongly believed The Rock out-shined Cena. I think Cena's problem is chemistry. In the past few years I don't think Cena had much chemistry with people on the mic. Punk out-shined Cena. Cena was very awkward with AJ. His comebacks at Ziggler were very weak.

Look at this promo. It was great before Cena messed it up.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
BaraaKhalaf92 said:
I don't get Cena tbh, sometimes I feel he has great mic skills (like some of his promos against Rock) but most of the time, it is just the same old sh*t.

It's obviously content. His delivery is consistently excellent even when he is given the ghastly content.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
All you have done is bring up a poor Cena promo again? You have related to that twice now and ignored my point that everyone has bad promos. I can use YouTube too and post multiple lackluster Rock promos if you want? Those poor Rock promos have no effect in my general opinion of how good Rock is on the mic, and those Cena promos shouldn't either. Cena has had some immense promos with Punk before, I think most people on here have already stated that him and Punk had something special in terms of chemistry.

Cena more than competed with The Rock - one of the greatest talkers of all time - so that definitely puts Cena up there, if his other promos alone haven't already done that. It's also no surprise that almost every other pro would say and have said the same thing that I am saying now? Cena is one of the all time great talkers, I don't understand why people just can't accept it, whether you like his character or not.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
TBH Cena out-shined Rock during their promos prior to WM - except for the concert of course - and I was surprised about it as hell..

He used some cheap disgusting ways to do it though.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
BaraaKhalaf92 said:
TBH Cena out-shined Rock during their promos prior to WM - except for the concert of course - and I was surprised about it as hell..

We all were. I think many people - myself included - wanted Rock to put Cena in his place to perhaps show Vince that Cena's limited character just can not compete. I waned it to shake Cena up and have him change his character, but it sort of done the opposite. The whole feud changed Cena's character into an edgy-serious character which we all sort of wanted, and he used that and the feud got ten times better.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
We all were. I think many people - myself included - wanted Rock to put Cena in his place to perhaps show Vince that Cena's limited character just can not compete. I waned it to shake Cena up and have him change his character, but it sort of done the opposite. The whole feud changed Cena's character into an edgy-serious character which we all sort of wanted, and he used that and the feud got ten times better.

Yea but still..
"I don't need my notes for my promo on my wrist",
That was a very cheap shot tbh.

Still, Punk did a lot more better job than Rock in putting Cena in his place during their promos

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
BaraaKhalaf92 said:
Yea but still..

Still, Punk did a lot more better job than Rock in putting Cena in his place during their promos
In my opinion the "cheap shots" served to enhance the feud. Since it became much more gritty and personal by the two using verbal low blows instead of what would be considered more traditional verbal jousting methods when two babyfaces square off.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
BaraaKhalaf92 said:
Yea but still..

IIRC Cena and Rock had legit heat, and Rock went below the belt a few times with his shots as well. It made the promo's better, because they were both trying to one-up each other both on and off screen. That competitiveness resulted in entertainment.