Raw 01.07.2013 Predictions CM Punk vs Ryback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
deth said:
Even his ''BITW'' gimmick is awfully similar to Bryan Danielson's.

Like totally. And he didn't even ask permission according to Bryan in some interviews. Which means Punk is breaking locker room conduct.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
By using the same material he had Colt Cabana help him come up with 7 years prior. He is just switching names and locations out.

FFS If anything Punk is the most diverse and entertaining superstar in the mic...

Isn't Cena repeating the same shit in his promos for the last 6 years ? LOL

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Raw 01.07.2013 Predictions CM Punk vs Ryback

deth said:
Even his ''BITW'' gimmick is awfully similar to Bryan Danielson's.

To be fair to Punk he was rocking a very similar gimmick in 05, I am better than low ki I am better than AJ Style and I am better than Samoa Joe.. Ladies and gentlemen the champ is here.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

BaraaKhalaf92 said:
FFS If anything Punk is the most diverse and entertaining superstar in the mic...

Isn't Cena repeating the same sh*t in his promos for the last 6 years ? LOL

Yeah but Cena isn't one considered one of the best lol.

Stopspot

Reaction score
BaraaKhalaf92 said:

Isn't Cena repeating the same sh*t in his promos for the last 6 years ? LOL

The fact that Punk is supposed to be some "microphone messiah" and still just rehashes old material must speak for the fact that he needs to step his name up doesn't it? Punk's promos follow this exact formula: I am your champion-RESPECT ME-This town stinks-I am better than you-you guys are idiots-my opponent is an idiot- BEST IN THE WORLD-Now here's Paul Heyman to make me look tough.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Stopspot said:
The fact that Punk is supposed to be some "microphone messiah" and still just rehashes old material must speak for the fact that he needs to step his name up doesn't it? Punk's promos follow this exact formula: I am your champion-RESPECT ME-This town stinks-I am better than you-you guys are idiots-my opponent is an idiot- BEST IN THE WORLD-Now here's Paul Heyman to make me look tough.

Minus Heyman that sounds like a 2000 Kurt Angle promo lol.

thaRock

Jobber
Reaction score
Certainly ThaRock will not lose a battle of wits with the poster child for zerox.... Punk copies everything and doesnt even have an original entrance theme... nevermind the fantastic 4 and it's clobberin time chant he does.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Stopspot said:

I would much prefer this than the crap we are hearing from Cena everyweek:

"I love you all, you are the reason why we are here and without you we would have been out of job, I will not give up on my fans................blaf blah blah"

And he has been saying this crap for the last 5 years , while Punk has been "rightfully" demanding respect for only 6 months now.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
The fact that Punk is supposed to be some "microphone messiah" and still just rehashes old material must speak for the fact that he needs to step his name up doesn't it?

You can only do so good with the content you're given. We all know Miz is fantastic on the mic, but with his current content he is more than skippable. That's a terrible argument imo.

Stopspot

Reaction score
BaraaKhalaf92 said:
I would much prefer this than the crap we are hearing from Cena everyweek:

"I love you all, you are the reason why we are here and without you we would have been out of job, I will not give up on my fans................blaf blah blah"

And he has been saying this crap for the last 5 years , while Punk has been "rightfully" demanding respect for only 6 months now.

Differences here = Cena is not considered one of the best talkers of all time. But is the face of the company and is thus expected to carry and represent certain values the company wants to bring out and share with its viewers, no matter age. Thus Cena is expected to present a wholesome and favorable character that connects well with the fans.

Punk is an indy guy who made a name for himself as an excellent talker before his WWE career but so far hasn't delivered epic promos on a consistent basis (his last great one was the "shoot" and the Jerry Lawler beat to death speech was good but not fantastic.) His promos are good and great but we know he can do better which is dissapointing. Punk is working well with the content he is given but should be able to do more. Punk doesn't have the same character limitations as Cena has since Punk is A: A heel and thus gets more free reign over his mic work and B: not the number one guy in the company and is thus not expected to present such an image.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
Differences here = Cena is not considered one of the best talkers of all time. But is the face of the company and is thus expected to carry and represent certain values the company wants to bring out and share with its viewers, no matter age. Thus Cena is expected to present a wholesome and favorable character that connects well with the fans.

Punk is a over entitled vanilla midget who made a name for himself as an excellent talker before his WWE career but so far hasn't delivered epic promos on a consistent basis (his last great one was the "shoot" and the Jerry Lawler beat to death speech was good but not fantastic.) Until Punk get's his real life ego toned down he will not be rightly appreciated since fans can sense when someone is a d-bag.

Can't disagree with this any more than I do currently.

Also, Cena is considered by some as one of the best on the sticks. If Rock is and Cena more than competed with him he must be up there. Cena competed with Punk as well during the "Summer of Punk".

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Can't disagree with this any more than I do currently.

Also, Cena is considered by some as one of the best on the sticks. If Rock is and Cena more than competed with him he must be up there. Cena competed with Punk as well during the "Summer of Punk".
I never say Cena ain't good or great on the stick. But did he really make his name as one of the best mic workers of all time? Not from what I can make out. He has made his name as a hard worker and company guy. That is part of the point I am trying to make. We don't walk around expecting Cena to deliver countless pipebombs now do we?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Urgggh the Pipebomb phrase is hideous, Jericho never dropped a Pipebomb and hes the great mic worker ever imho

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
I never say Cena ain't good or great on the stick. But did he really make his name as one of the best mic workers of all time? Not from what I can make out. He has made his name as a hard worker and company guy. That is part of the point I am trying to make. We don't walk around expecting Cena to deliver countless pipebombs now do we?

Made out from what? Made out from a forum of internet wrestling fans? Our opinions reflect nothing, people need to understand this.

Your whole argument on CM Punk is based on other people considering him one of the best of all time. Who do you consider the best mic worker of all time? What would you think if he was told to cut more or less the same promo weekly for X amount of months as filler? Would you expect him to still be at his best?

Of course not. To judge mic ability you judge it over time. Punk suddenly hasn't got worse on the mic, he hasn't suddenly lost his wit, his content is pretty obvious. He is the champion and his gimmick is to rub that in people's face to get the prolonged respect he thinks he deserves. Going out there and shooting his tits off will only result in pops - which WWE want to avoid - and goes against his gimmick. He wants respect for his incredibly long reign, he is cutting scripted promos based on his current gimmick.

It's just silly that's all. If he cut a promo tomorrow shooting again or something else revolutionary, people will go back to asslicking his mic talent. If Ambrose goes out there and is told to cut a promo on jelly babies and how he loves little kids, I guarantee people would start saying he sucks on the mic. Judge it over time with lots of content to compare to, to see what someone can actually do. That's my opinion anyway.

Reactions: Rysenberg

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Stopspot said:

Aside from what Crayo has already said another issue with this is what is he supposed to do? Since he's turned basically the only person he's worked with for extended periods on the mic is Cena, and the two of them have basically ran out of material to use against each other. Ryback has never even cut a promo so I've got no idea what Punk has to work with there, the only option he has really is cheap heat.

I really hope this Rock/Punk fued is actually appreciated rather than a tonne of people going 'lol zomg Rock owned Punk' or vice versa like what happened with Rock and Cena. The promo(s) will be great and that's all that matters to me.