Rate the wrestler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
HHH: 10/10. A perfect wrestler. His wrestling skills are great and he is awesome on the mic. He is much better as a heel who is champ (I loved his run with Evolution). It's a shame that he is winding down to spend time with the family, considering that he's given his body to WWE for 15 long years. I hope he can have another title run (Which I hope can happen).

Next Wrestler: Drew McIntyre.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Drew a 7 atm because hes been showing promise but it also seems like the first push he had on smackdown has died a bit. I just get a vibe from him that someday he is going to be a world champ, and a great one at that. He has good in ring skills and since debuting hes been in some nice feuds with Kingston, Hardy, Christian, and R-Truth, among others.

Next: Ricky Steamboat

Reaction score
Ricky gets a 7. I've not seen many of his matches, but the ones I have seen have been pretty good. I can't really make any further comment.

Next Wrestler: Magnus.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Magnus id give a 6 at the moment because he lost what he first had in TNA and is now teaming with Desmond Wolfe in a pairing that already appears to have begun failing since they couldn't compete for the titles last night. If he gets back on track for a singles career and gets pushed he'd be higher definitely.

Next: Rob Terry

Reaction score
Terry is a 5, in my mind. I honestly don't mind him when he's not wrestling but I despise his wrestling moves as he is green and his last match (Against Jeff Hardy) absolutely sucked. He mistimed stuff and he no-selled the swanton (Albeit, It did hit only his legs). He sucks.

Next Wrestler: Abyss

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Abyss is pretty decent but he was alot better in the original TNA days as the world champ and tag team champ. Now id give him probably a 7, back then probably 8 or 9.

Next: Dynamite Kid

Reaction score
Just for sheer influence and for being such a revolutionary worker, Dynamite is a straight 8.5. His matches 30 years ago are still better than the indy scrubs that try so hard to bastardize his style to this day.

Rick Martel

pumpt73

Reaction score
I gotta post on Ricky Martel. I gotta give the guy a solid 8. Most fans don't know much of his work unless you seen him during the 80's. Martel wasn't flashy, but he didn't need to be either. He was a solid tag team wrestler holding the WWF World Tag Team title on 3 occasions. Twice with Tony Garea and of course with Tito Santana. When he made his return to the WWF in the 80's with Tom Zenk, the Can-Am Connection was HOTT!!! Had Zenk not left, you know the Can-Ams were getting the titles. Tito was a fitting replacement, but I think Martel would have held the tag belts a tad longer with Zenk. Holding the AWA World title helped him a lot, but he held numerous NWA tag and singles titles throughout his career, and of course snagging the WCW Television championship late in his career. The guy was a solid worker and I can't say I've ever heard a bad word about the guy. I think Ricky gets overlooked because he had a plain look to him. He never had an over the top gimmick until he became "The Model" in the WWF.

With Snuka, I gotta go 9-9.5. Very rarely do you get a talent that can be so vehemently hated by the fans, adn then turn around and be completely adored by the fans. One of the originators of high flying maneuvers. Had fantastic matches with Bob Backlund and Don Muraco. When Snuka came out, you didn't see the chiseled muscular type builds and he had that. Jimmy was one of those guys you never had to put a belt on to get him over. His look, moveset, and charisma did it. Add in the coconut incident on Piper's Pit, and BAM, you had Piper become even more hated than ever, and Snuka more loved than ever. Jimmy knew his role as well later on in his career. He put the younger "phenom" The Undertaker over. Add in his numerous championshps and his WWE Hall of Fame induction, and you have one of the absolute ALL TIME GREATS!!!

NEXT: Stan "The Lariat" Hansen

imported_Adam

Reaction score
8 for Hansen. He showed alot in the ring and was especially amazing in Japan. He was also able to wrestle some of the house-hold names such as Hulk Hogan and put on a half-decent show.

Next: Taz

Reaction score
You're the fucking man. So right. And to add to Snuka he was the top face in that company, totally eclipsing Bob Backlund by and far but they say the reason he was never made champ was because of being an islande, despite a Latino and a Dago being the company's top faces for the previous decade. Go figure, but as a human there is evidence that goes beyond the suggestion that Snuka killed a girlfriend of his while he was on top of the company and it was one of the first scandals Vince swept under the rug.

As for Hansen, he is an 8.5. Absolutely one of the top two or three brawlers of all time and one of the legit toughest bastards that ever came into the sport. I can never sing this man's praises enough.

And as for Tazz: he's a 4 at best. He was never a decent worker. He, like 85% of all the ECW originals, was nothing more than just a product of the extreme brilliance of Paul Heyman's booking style. When he got to the E, he was so terribly exposed and that's why they allowed him to get fat and stuffed him behind the announce table. It's a toss up between who is actually worse between Tazz and Sandman, the were nothing more than products of the ECW culture, but I guess Tazz might be somewhat better since he was able to fool people into thinking he was a capable worker.

Ted DiBiasie

pumpt73

Reaction score
Why would you even think Jr.???? Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but he's a long, long, long way until he reaches what his father accomplished.

As for The Million Dollar Man, 8.5-9.5, had he attained the WWF Title, Id give him a ten. The first time I caught Teddy was on Bill Watts' UWF. Man I loved that promotion. Ted was one of those guys who didn't really need a huge gimmick, but once he had one, damn did he take off. It was only until later when the net that I got to catch his Japanese work. The guy could do singles and tag. He could play the heel or the face. Case in point. I loved him in UWF, when he came into WWF, I hated him. He played the Million Dollar Man gimmick to perfection. I don't think another talent could have done that role. Teddy was a solid worker. Very fluid in the ring. Another one of those guys who didn't have a build or huge gimmick early on, and didn't need it to be successful. When he came to the WWF and started doing the stunts with fans for money and screwing them out of it, oh man, how could you not get pissed off???? I can remember watching one of his matches and my Grandma was watching with me. After Teddy puts this jobber out, he shoves the hundo in his mouth. As God as my witness Grams goes "I wish someone would just come down there and kick his ass!!!" PRICELESS (pardon the pun).

The thing I always loved about Ted was he didn't seem to care if he had a belt. Ted did what he had to do, and really his character never wore off. When he formed Money Inc, it was great. Teddy was sorta fading a little bit at that time, and the IRS character never really took off, but when WWF hooked them up, it just worked. Money Inc was a fantastic tag team. Really sad that WWF used to be so good at pairing up talent to form teams, now they can barely say the words Tag Team. Ted going into the Hall of Fame was about 2 or 3 years late if you ask me as well. I still think junior has potential, but it may take some time before we really see it. I wish they would have kept junior and Cody Rhodes together for a while. That really could have been a good team for a few years before splitting them up.

NEXT: Michael "PS" Hayes

Reaction score
Michael P.S fucking Hayes is a 7.5. He really couldn't wrestle much, but he could do two things better than so many people in his era. 1. He could bump, go watch anything from Freebirds-Von Erichs and this man makes even the softest punch look like it kills him. And second, he could talk. Seriouslythe only two people in the NWA at the time that could talk better than Hayes were Dusty and Flair. This man just had the "it" when he flapped his yak, his southern drawl and charisma were so unmistakable and he was a fucking heat magnet like no other. Freebirds-Von Erichs has a legit claim to the Greatest Feud of All Time and basically the Freebirds were 90% PS, sure Bam Bam was a work horse, but Hayes was the Freebirds, you could take Buddy and Bam Bam away and throw whomever next to PS and it was the Freebirds.

2 Cold Scorpio