Rate the wrestler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Matt Hardy... he's a 5.5. In 2003 he would have been a 7 because he showed he had some charisma. When he returned for the Edge feud in 2005 he was a 6.5. Now he's a fat boy who has no charisma and no passion. He's a freaking 5 tops and it pretty much looks like this is it for him. He can go to TNA and ride Jeff's coat tails, but TNA main eventing is still below WWE midcard.

The next big thing in wrestling...Pecy Watson.

Reaction score
5/10.

Clearly not the biggest thing in wrestling, But still a good wrestler. I highly praised Watson when he started on NXT but unfortunately, He seems to be green and has lost what magic he had when he first started. I once thought he could win NXT, But as I watched more of him it became obvious that he wasn't as good as I first thought. It was a massive shame since his gimmick is already in place. I can see him returning to the WWE roster in a year or so, But that's if he can wait and learn some more.

Next Wrestler: Zack Ryder

straight_edge76

Reaction score
5/10
I really want to like Ryder, his gimmick was refreshing and something that hadn't been done in quite some time, if ever over the last 5-10 years in the WWE. He isn't too bad in the ring, or on the mic. The character he has wont ever get him a world title imo, but he could get a few IC/US title runs, I even thought an ECW title run, even a short one would have been pretty cool. It's just a shame that he is stuck on RAW with really no screen time, I think a move to SD and maybe even being teamed up with someone like Chris Masters could be pretty interesting, I feel the two of them could have some good chemistry together.

Hell, since I brought him up...

Chris Masters

Reaction score
Masters is a 4/10. No charisma. Not a good wrestler whatsoever, no mic skills. He's just a physical specimen with an extremely outdated finisher and his tits have more work rate than him.

Jay Briscoe.

Montana

Reaction score
Jay Briscoe - 8.5 - Has the real redneck persona much like Stone Cold, and is tough as nails in the ring. His strengths are in tag wrestling, and a good combination of brawling, and great tag wrestling. His weaknesses is his lack of selling, and being a established solo star. I think he could work as a solo wrestler, if given the chance.

One of my old favorite wrestlers:

SABU

pumpt73

Reaction score
I'll give Sabu an 8-9. The guy in his time was great. He would pull off some crazy acrobatics, plus I loved the matches he did in FMW. The work he did with chairs was so fun to watch. Even before I had seen Sabu, I was reading about him in the old magazines. He had a fun look, gimmick, and backstory with being the nephew of The Sheik.

NEXT: Tully Blanchard

Reaction score
Sabu : In his prime, a solid 7 despite the complete absence of mic skills. He was a new twist on a Sheik esque character and when he was on was probably the best hardcore performer on the ECW roster.

Now: he's old and busted but when auditioning for a job can still work. He's a 5, still can't talk and his character is what it was 17 years ago.

Jeff Jarrett

Reaction score
Tully's an 8.5. Fucking solid worker, heat magnet, original Horsemen. Perfected the cocky, playboy role and he and Gino Hernandez, the Dynamic Duo were ahead of their time. I love Tully's I Quit match with Mags from the second Starcade. He drove a fucking wooden chair leg into Tully's busted eye.

Reaction score
I'd give Jeff a 6/10 at his current state.

Many claim that Jeff started TNA So he could appear like a god in his company (As he did in the first few years, always holding the belt) but I actually think he can be a talented wrestler. I hate his current storyline in TNA and he can be brilliant in the ring (If given the correct opponent) but he isn't given a chance to showcase it now he is bottom of the card against Kevin Nash. Anyway, I suppose that is a good thing since TNA constantly promote themselves as the land of the young guys..

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Jeff isn't a bad worker, but nothing special. I never liked him, I always found him annoying, his character, his average at best wrestling and the backstage politicing, making him a poor man's Triple H in late WCW and TNA really make it hard for me to care for him, he wasn't too bad in the ring, but nothing above a 4/10.

Magnum T.A (I have really been getting into some of the old Crockett and NWA stuff that my dad and uncle have on old tapes)

imported_Adam

Reaction score
For the height of his career, id give Magnum a 6, he was popular and doing very well for himself for a while but never got quite into the main event scene or got over.

Next: The Sandman

straight_edge76

Reaction score
4/10 was never anything besides a ECW style brawler, which was fun for the late 90s hardcore trend, but for an overall career Sandman was never going to be anything but a hardcore brawler, and that fad died out with ECW.

The Pope

imported_Adam

Reaction score
I really can't believe you rated Sandman that low -.-

As for pope, hes hard because his career is so young. In the future i see him maybe reaching a 9 but atm hes more like a 6 or 7 as a future star whos showing people what hes made of and separating himself from the rest.

Next: Rob Van Dam

Reaction score
RVD is a 6.5. Never great on the mic and for every good match he was in he had like ten sloppy spot fests. He did have something about him that made people love him, but if you've seen one RVD match, you've seen ten RVD matches.

Barry Windham

TheAnswer

Reaction score
7.5/10 Hes good when he needs to be. But he messes up alot of spots and I always seemed like his timing is off in matches. He will just randomly pose and do a high spot when he really doesn't need too. BUT his matches are very good for what they are. My favorite match is him vs Rey Mysterio and his feud with Taz in ECW was terrific.

Triple H