Rate the Moments Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

10/10. Classic Match, with Mick Foley surprising everyone. You can actually see the face of concern in Taker as he threw Mick Foley through the table from the top of the cell.

Travis40

10/10, I just can't describe the way that the match made people feel about Foley...it made him an instant contender for the WWF Title, one of the greatest moments in wrestling history.

Venom65437

Reaction score
Definitely a 10/10, that was one of the most insane matches ever. Not that it was particularly great, but the Foley just kept getting up for more! It made Foley one of my favorite wrestlers ever. I still like watching the match to this day.

C4

So, this score is gets 100%, The second 100% Score in the Rate the Moments Thread history! My rating says 10/10 as well because this Match was just great Mick Foley put his career on the line by doing those sick bumps and I loved them. And the total score is now 100% Congrats!

The Big Rate the Moments [90-100]​

Ratings closed, for Big Rate the Moment 91

RateMoment.jpg

(BIG Rate the Moment - 92)

Randy Savage and Ricky Steamboat steal the spotlight at Wrestlemania III in front of 93,173 fans!

453654-735377.jpg

In mid-1986, Randy Savage and Ricky Steamboat fought an extremely brutal match on Saturday Night's Main Event, which was aired nationwide in the United States on NBC. The result of the match was that Steamboat was out with injury for several months with a broken larynx. Steamboat suddenly returned (to a nearly delirious crowd reaction) in early 1987, strolling out to ringside during a Intercontinental Title match between Randy Savage and a random scrub. The distraction almost cost Randy Savage the match, and he promised that he would deliver "the final blow" to Steamboat at Wrestlemania III that March. The main event of the show was to be Andre the Giant vs. Hulk Hogan, but midway through the card, the entire spotlight was stolen by Randy Savage and Ricky Steamboat, who put on an amazing wrestling clinic.

200px-WMIIIsteamboat.jpg

In those days, Savage was extremely agile, and this shows him at the utter top of his game against one of the greatest technical wrestlers to have ever lived. Both men would live out the remainder of their careers under the shadow of this amazing match, which had the crowd in utter bedlam and caused Ricky Steamboat's popularity to skyrocket to the point that Hulk Hogan saw him as a political threat and convinced Vince McMahon to get rid of him before Steamboat "destroyed the company" Randy Savage would go on to win multiple WCW and WWF world championships as a result of that glorious match in the silverdome, and Steamboat would have a series of classic matches against Ric Flair in WCW, but this match truly stands the test of time as a shining example of both storytelling and excellent athletic ability in a wrestling match, perhaps one of the greatest Wrestling Matches ever and no doubt one of my favourites!

Soulpower

10/10... For a long time it was considered to be the best wrestling match in Wrestlemania history. And as far as I'm concerned, it still is.

Travis40

10/10, one of the best wrestling matches of all time right there. I went back and bought the WM 3 DVD just for this match and it was worth it. Greatest match I've ever seen.

Venom65437

Reaction score
Have to go with 10/10. They were at the top of their game, I could watch that match for all time, even though Randy lost. :(

C4

RATINGS CLOSED FOR RTM 92

(BIG Rate the Moment - 93)

Shane McMahon appears on WCW Monday Nitro while still airing on a Ted Turner-owned network.

180px-Simulcast.jpg

In early 2001, WCW was purchased by the WWF in a landmark deal that unified the tops of professional wrestling in the United States. The Ted Turner-owned WCW organization was nearly out of time, since in the post-Time/Warner merger days WCW had fallen on hard times, and TNT, the network that ran WCW's flagship program Monday Nitro, had refused to renew Nitro. So, with only one final live show remaining on their television agreement, Vince McMahon purchased WCW, so when longtime WCW fans tuned into the final edition of WCW Monday Nitro, they got a big surprise: Vince McMahon sitting there with a cat-eating grin on his face, delivering a message about how he had just filed paperwork to purchase WCW. The best analogy for the surreality of the moment that I can think of is this: imagine the CBS Evening News opening with Tom Brokaw sitting there with a big smile on his face, announcing that he was now running CBS News. But the weirdness wasn't over. Nitro, WCW's flagship program, and Raw, the WWF's flagship program, ran head-to-head on Monday nights, so Vince McMahon was appearing on the two primary competing wrestling programs live at the same time. At the end of the program, the two shows, which had bitterly competed for so long, actually began to air the same exact footage, in which Vince McMahon strolled into a WWF ring and announced to the world that WCW was his. Not so fast! Vince's son Shane McMahon strolls out at the end of the final WCW Monday Nitro, stating that he had flown out to Nitro, stopped his father's purchase from going through... and purchased the organization himself! And thus closed one of the greatest wrestling programs in history, for good. Of course, this high point was followed by a badly botched "WCW invasion" angle, in which lesser names like Hugh Morrus were expected to be seen as big threats to the WWF, but the angle kicked off with perhaps the most surreal moment of all time.

Travis40

8/10, a great moment, but the whole Alliance/WWF fued got really bad reviews...but I loved it :)

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

7/10. it was a surprise but not something i wnat to watch over and over again

Venom65437

Reaction score
I'll give it a 6/10. Like the previous person said, it was a surprize, but nothing I'd watch over and over again.:lac:

C4

No bad ratings, I thought people loved WCW. Just let the wCw fans step up. I loved wCw and I still think that it was better than WWE, that Moment is one of the saddest moments in Wrestling History when one of the greatest Wrestling Promotions of all time was shut down and brought by Vince. 3/10 from me for this really sad Moment, Shane McMahon made it even worse by stepping up and making the Alliance Angle which was a failure.