Rate the Moments Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

*** Ratings closed for Rate the Moment 80 ***

The RTM.80 was - On May 23, 1999 Hart fell to his death in Kansas City, Missouri, during the Over the Edge pay-per-view event. Owen was in the process of being lowered into the ring from the rafters of Kemper Arena for a booked Intercontinental Championship match against The Godfather. In keeping with the Blazer's new 'buffoonish superhero' character, Hart was to be lowered to just above ring level, at which time he would release himself from the safety harness and fall flat on his face for comedic effect. It was an elaboration on a Blue Blazer stunt done previously on the Sunday Night Heat before Survivor Series 1998. This time, something went wrong with the stunt harness, apparently triggering the release mechanism early as he was being lowered. Owen fell 78 feet into the ring, smashing his chest on a turnbuckle, throwing him into the ring. The same night Owen Hart who was one of the greatest Wrestlers in WWF History died, making a sad yet memorable moment.

RATINGS CLOSED FOR THIS RTM AND SCORE ADDED TO FIRST PAGE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rate the Moment 81:
Hulk Hogan defeats Shawn Michaels 1..2..3 in the ring!

200px-Hulk_Hogan3.jpg

Hogan appeared on the July 4 edition of RAW as the special guest of Carlito on his talk-show segment "Carlito's Cabana." After being asked questions by Carlito concerning his daughter Brooke Hogan, Hogan proceeded to attack Carlito. This was then followed up by an attack of Kurt Angle, who made comments about Brooke, which further upset Hogan. Hogan was eventually double teamed by Carlito and Angle but was saved by Shawn Michaels. Later that night, Michaels and Hogan defeated Carlito and Kurt Angle in a tag match. During the post match celebration, Michaels delivered Sweet Chin Music to Hogan and walked off. The following week on RAW, Michaels appeared on "Piper's Pit" and challenged Hogan to face him one-on-one for the first time. Hogan appeared on RAW one week later and accepted the challenge. The match took place on Sunday, August 21 at SummerSlam 2005. Initially, this match was discussed as being the first of two between Hogan and Michaels, with each man notching a victory. The match between Hogan and Michaels at SummerSlam was the main event of the night, and the two 0collided in a battle billed as "Legend vs. Icon." The match went back and forth, with two referees getting "knocked out" and Michaels using a steel chair to try to gain an advantage. Even after Michaels hit his Sweet Chin Music, Hogan still kicked out and mounted some offense against Michaels, finally hitting him with the legdrop and scoring the victory. Michaels extended his hand to him, telling him that he "had to find out for himself," and Hogan and Michaels shook hands. Michaels left the ring to allow Hogan to celebrate with the crowd and Hulk Hogan was the better man defeating Shawn Michaels 1..2..3 in the ring creating a Moment for all of us to remember!

The Rated R CMStar

4/10. Don't get me wrong, seeing Hogan might not be the greatest thing, but it is always nice. But he tried to bury HBK, not only did he pinned him and then refused the rematch, but during the match, he got up from the Sweet Chin Music. I may be exagerating a little, but Hogan actually got uo and mounted some offense after a move that has given victories to HBK over every wrestler for the last 10 years.

Funny thing is that not learing his lesson, WWE did the same thing at next year's summerslam, only that time was Hogan beating a 25 young man.

HULKAMANIA IS STILL BURYING ALIVE...wild!!!

Travis40

3/10 for the actual match...it just sucked ass...then add HBK overselling everything...then you've got a shitty match. I hate Hogan and I've always hated Hogan...I JUST HATE HOGAN

C4

Since I didn't give my Rating, let me give it now! The Match was really hyped up and was good as well not complete shit like many people said, I give it 7/10, I agree that Hogan should have lost and Shawn Michaels should have won but damn Hulk Hogan won, the Match was still good as a "Wrestling" Match.

C4

*** Ratings closed for Rate the Moment 81 ***

The RTM.81 was - Hogan appeared on the July 4 edition of RAW as the special guest of Carlito on his talk-show segment "Carlito's Cabana." After being asked questions by Carlito concerning his daughter Brooke Hogan, Hogan proceeded to attack Carlito. This was then followed up by an attack of Kurt Angle, who made comments about Brooke, which further upset Hogan. Hogan was eventually double teamed by Carlito and Angle but was saved by Shawn Michaels. Later that night, Michaels and Hogan defeated Carlito and Kurt Angle in a tag match. During the post match celebration, Michaels delivered Sweet Chin Music to Hogan and walked off. The following week on RAW, Michaels appeared on "Piper's Pit" and challenged Hogan to face him one-on-one for the first time. Hogan appeared on RAW one week later and accepted the challenge. The match took place on Sunday, August 21 at SummerSlam 2005. Initially, this match was discussed as being the first of two between Hogan and Michaels, with each man notching a victory. The match between Hogan and Michaels at SummerSlam was the main event of the night, and the two 0collided in a battle billed as "Legend vs. Icon." The match went back and forth, with two referees getting "knocked out" and Michaels using a steel chair to try to gain an advantage. Even after Michaels hit his Sweet Chin Music, Hogan still kicked out and mounted some offense against Michaels, finally hitting him with the legdrop and scoring the victory. Michaels extended his hand to him, telling him that he "had to find out for himself," and Hogan and Michaels shook hands. Michaels left the ring to allow Hogan to celebrate with the crowd and Hulk Hogan was the better man defeating Shawn Michaels 1..2..3 in the ring creating a Moment for all of us to remember!

Rate the Moment 82:
Rowdy Roddy Piper makes a surprise return to the WWE in 2003.

Roddy_Piper.jpg

It was WrestleMania XIX in Seattle, Washington, perhaps one of the biggest WrestleMania's of all time and there was one Match that the fans were excited about, Hulk Hogan vs Vince McMahon, if Hulk Hogan looses then he can never ever wrestle again in the WWE, during the match Rowdy Roddy Piper ran in, it was during the Hulk Hogan-Vince McMahon bloodbath, and made his second WWE heel run by attacking Hogan with a steel pipe, looked at McMahon but attacked Hogan. Not only did Rowdy Roddy Piper shock the fans by a surprise return but made a Moment for all of us to remember for quite some time.

C4

So? Is anyone gonna Rate this Moment or just leave it blank? Come on people wake up and Rate the freaking Moment!

The Rated R CMStar

7/10. I am not a big Piper fan, and the match itself wasn't something to exactly remember, but it was good to see him interfere considering all the history he had with Hulk Hogan

Travis40

8/10...great moment for the WWE...and a great time for a legend to come back...I would've liked to seen a clean finish, and a clean match, good to see Shane come out after the match. But a surprising return for the Hot Rod

C4

*** Ratings closed for Rate the Moment 82 ***

The RTM.82 was - It was WrestleMania XIX in Seattle, Washington, perhaps one of the biggest WrestleMania's of all time and there was one Match that the fans were excited about, Hulk Hogan vs Vince McMahon, if Hulk Hogan looses then he can never ever wrestle again in the WWE, during the match Rowdy Roddy Piper ran in, it was during the Hulk Hogan-Vince McMahon bloodbath, and made his second WWE heel run by attacking Hogan with a steel pipe, looked at McMahon but attacked Hogan. Not only did Rowdy Roddy Piper shock the fans by a surprise return but made a Moment for all of us to remember for quite some time.

Rate the Moment 83:
The WWE Championship changes 3 times at WWE No Mercy 2007.

randyhhh_682x400_369473a.jpg

At No Mercy 2007, perhaps a historic PPV in World Wrestling Entertainment history. When Randy Orton was awarded the WWE Championship by Mr. McMahon at the start of the show after John Cena relinquished the title due to an injury the previous week on Monday Night Raw. Randy Orton was awarded with the WWE Championship, he then lost the title to Triple H in the opening match of the No Mercy PPV show, the third shortest reign in WWE history. Later in the night, Orton enacted his rematch clause in a Last Man Standing match, and defeated Triple H to regain the WWE Championship, becoming the Champion yet again, and thus becoming a two-time WWE Champion in one night. So, Orton gets the Title first, then HHH and then Orton again, that is something to remember for a long time!

The Rated R CMStar

10/10 Say what you want, this made No Mercy a hell of a PPV. We didnt have a clue on how the WWE title situation was going to develop, on which match we would see, but we got first surprised by Orton being handed the WWE, only to then lose it in his first defense to Triple H. All the smarks got furious, HHH then defended it to Umaga in a short match, to leave the feud going, and he then loses the Last Man Standing to kick off Randy Ortons reign big time. Only negative I could see is that HHH and Orton got a free title reign out of this, but it doesnt really makes a real difference at the end

C4

My opinion on this Moment, perhaps one of the greatest Nights in WWE History. At first it was bad to see Randy getting the title but then after HHH won it, it was exciting, I still think the Umaga vs HHH was useless but then again, the Last Man Standing was good as well. The chain of Moments which were really shocking and cool at the same time were great. It was just Awesome to see so many Title changes in one Night, I loved it and I don't care what the others say it's a clean 10/10 from me.

Soulpower

1/10.

Why? Because HHH had another title win tacked on to his credit for no reason! And before someone says, it had to be done in order to have Orton go over HHH... THAT"S BULLSHIT!

They could have awarded the belt to Orton, and say that the winner of Umaga vs HHH would become the number one contender. HHH beats Umaga and loses the LMS match to Orton, all without HHH winning the title. But since he's a mark for title runs, (no matter how short they may be) HHH just had to win it, even if only for a couple of hours.