Rate the Moments Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Travis40

10/10, the best PPV of the year, except for Driven and RIE...LMS made the PPV great, I think LMS is WWE's MOTY for 2007....no doubt, the entire PPV was unpredictable and it was just plain AWESOME!

Great One

6/10, agreed with SP. Love Triple H (and Orton), but unnecessary reigns and sloppy booking, but unpredictable and relieving.

Can't believe I just admitted that...

C4

*** Ratings closed for Rate the Moment 83 ***

The RTM.83 was - At No Mercy 2007, perhaps a historic PPV in World Wrestling Entertainment history. When Randy Orton was awarded the WWE Championship by Mr. McMahon at the start of the show after John Cena relinquished the title due to an injury the previous week on Monday Night Raw. Randy Orton was awarded with the WWE Championship, he then lost the title to Triple H in the opening match of the No Mercy PPV show, the third shortest reign in WWE history. Later in the night, Orton enacted his rematch clause in a Last Man Standing match, and defeated Triple H to regain the WWE Championship, becoming the Champion yet again, and thus becoming a two-time WWE Champion in one night. So, Orton gets the Title first, then HHH and then Orton again, that is something to remember for a long time!

RATINGS CLOSED FOR THIS RTM AND SCORE ADDED TO FIRST PAGE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rate the Moment 84:
Hornswoggle wins the WWE Cruiserweight Championship!

Littlebastard.jpg

Hornswoggle won the WWE Cruiserweight Championship after he pinned Jamie Noble in a Cruiserweight Open at The Great American Bash; he briefly ran across the ring as the bell was rung before going back under the ring making him an official participant in the match, however the other participants and commentators were unaware that he was a participant in the match until the ref counted the pin and awarded him the belt. He won the WWE Cruiserweight Championship and this made him the first little person wrestler to win a championship in WWE history. He also became the lightest, shortest, and youngest (21 years, 51 days) wrestler to win the Cruiserweight title. Hornswoggle then began a feud with Jamie Noble over the belt. I won't say it was historic or maybe it was, but just a little comedy to keep the show going!

Beer Money Army

0/10 that moment was fucking shit. Gave the Championship shit all cred

The Leviathan

Reaction score
1/10, this just made the title lose it's prestige! If they want to retire this belt, they could just do it and not end it by giving it to Hornswoggle

The Rated R CMStar

0/10. It threw the last pile of sand to the Cruiserweight Title brave

C4

I'm surprised that this Moment got such high score's! lol, I give it 0/10, yes why don't you Retire the belt, rather than give it to some small midget? It was pure shit on the face of the WWE Cruiserweight Championship! People like Jamie Noble and Rey Mysterio made that Championship and see what happened! This Hornswoggle has broken every record in the WWE and in this Rate the Moments Thread.

Let's get the facts straight:
Rate the Moment 63 - Hornswoggle is revealed as Vince McMahon's son.
[15% - The lowest Score in Rate the Moments! History]

I think Hornswogggle is gonna beat his own record this time ;)

Travis40

0/10....I just really can't give an explanation...it just pissed me off so much. WWE just shit all over the belt with that stupid move.

C4

*** Ratings closed for Rate the Moment 85 ***

The RTM.85 was - Hornswoggle won the WWE Cruiserweight Championship after he pinned Jamie Noble in a Cruiserweight Open at The Great American Bash; he briefly ran across the ring as the bell was rung before going back under the ring making him an official participant in the match, however the other participants and commentators were unaware that he was a participant in the match until the ref counted the pin and awarded him the belt. He won the WWE Cruiserweight Championship and this made him the first little person wrestler to win a championship in WWE history. He also became the lightest, shortest, and youngest (21 years, 51 days) wrestler to win the Cruiserweight title. Hornswoggle then began a feud with Jamie Noble over the belt. I won't say it was historic or maybe it was, but just a little comedy to keep the show going!

RATINGS CLOSED FOR THIS RTM AND SCORE ADDED TO FIRST PAGE

Rate the Moments 90-100 [The Big Wrestling Moments]

In celebration of 100 Moments of this great long lasting Thread, 10 of the very best Wrestling Moments have been put up as 90-100 RTM's and the next Rate the Moments! will be of these 10 Moments! They will be up sometime later for you to rate, till then just wait ;)

C4

The Big Rate the Moments [90-100]​

In celebration of 100 Moments, 10 of the biggest Moments have been put together by me, 90-100 all the Moments are big, so be sure to Rate with your eyes open and comment on the moment, yes no more 2 or 3 line Ratings from you, think and then speak, It's big time now!

RateMoment.jpg

(BIG Rate the Moment - 90)

Shawn Michaels kicks Marty Jannetty through a glass window in 1992, ending The Rockers as a tag team.

sm-rocker.JPG

In the late 1980s and the early 1990s, The Rockers were a very popular tag team in the WWF. This was mostly due to the fact that both of the individual team members, Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty, had a great deal of charisma as well as the fact that the duo utilized a very high-flying style of wrestling that had not been widely seen in the United States to that point. Cut forward to early 1992. After being out for a lengthy period due to injury, it was announced that The Rockers would be reuniting. Previous to this injury, there had been a touch of dissension between the members, as they had lost the tag team titles and argued a bit afterwards. However, it seemed very unlikely that the team would break up after the run of success they had experienced over the previous three years. During an interview segment conducted by Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, the tag team reunited, shaking hands and embracing each other, then raising their arms in the air. But just as Jannetty turned away from Michaels, Shawn spun around and delivered a superkick to Jannetty's jaw, causing him to fly backwards through the air and through a glass window overlooking the interview. Shawn then delivered a scathing speech, in which he criticized Jannetty for letting him down. This led into one of the best feuds of the early 1990s, as Michaels and Jannetty truly raised the bar for high-flying wrestling in the United States and would eventually lead to a career with multiple WWF championships for Shawn Michaels.

Coming Next - (RTM.91) Mick Foley sacrifices his body for the entertainment of fans at King of the Ring 1998.

The Rated R CMStar

9/10. That was the moment in which we saw the birth of the biggest entertainer in my opinion of the last decade, It losses a point only because since then his partner..... What was Shawn Michaels partner's name?

Travis40

9/10, great moment because we saw one of the biggest stars in wrestling history born that night, great setting for it...and just wonder what wrestling would've been like if HBK didn't have the angle w/ Janetty where they broke up....

C4

^ That's why it's the first of the 10 Big Rate the Moments, now time for my Rating. HBK was born that night, his career was made that night when he superkicked Jannetty and perhaps made something for us to remember for a long long time, he even made his heel character look so good, I won't forget this as it was a part of History. 9/10 from me as well.

C4

The Big Rate the Moments [90-100]​

Ratings closed, for Big Rate the Moment 90

RateMoment.jpg

(BIG Rate the Moment - 91)

Mick Foley sacrifices his body for the entertainment of fans at King of the Ring 1998

kotr1998001.jpg
kotr1998002.jpg

Mick Foley, through his various personas of Cactus Jack, Mankind, and Dude Love, had entertained fans for years by executing risky moves, from which he suffered countless broken bones, contusions, sprains, and the loss of an ear. In June 1998, though, Foley raised the bar for all time. The Undertaker and Mankind (Foley's alter ego at the time) had been engaged in a two year long feud that was set up to be capped in a Hell in the Cell match at the 1998 King of the Ring pay per view. The event featured a cage around the ring that was enclosed on top; there were no disqualifications, either, so a winner must be declared. Rather than entering the cage directly, both The Undertaker and Mick Foley climbed atop the cage (about sixteen feet off the ground) and began fighting up above. After several minutes of this, the fighters pushed closer to an edge near an announcer table and suddenly The Undertaker grabbed Foley and tossed him off of the cage. Foley went headfirst through an announcer table after falling about sixteen feet, breaking the table into several pieces.

But the match wasn't over. After being carried off in a stretcher (since the match technically hadn't even begun yet), Mick Foley came back out to the ring amidst a reign of adoring cheers to continue the match. He managed to climb back up the cage where the brawl continued. After a few more minutes, The Undertaker once again picked up Foley, and once again tossed him down, expecting him to land on top of the cage, but suddenly the cage gave way and Foley fell headfirst about thirteen feet to the center of the ring. But the match wasn't over. Foley gets back up and the brawl continues. The crowd is going crazy by this point, so The Undertaker takes advantage of the crowd momentum to do something even more heinous. He gets under the ring, produces a steel chair, then smashes Foley in the head with it. After collapsing, The Undertaker picks Foley up and drops him head first onto the steel chair, after which Foley rolls over like a sack of potatoes. But the match wasn't over. After a bit, Foley gets back to his feet and the match finally gets underway. After some brawling, Foley gets underneath the ring and produces a bag of thumbtacks and proceeds to dump about two thousand thumbtacks out onto the ring surface. But The Undertaker takes advantage of this, picks Foley up, bodyslams him onto the tons of thumbtacks strewn about, and finally ends the match via pinfall. This match is an integral part of the legend of Mick Foley and contributed to his growing popularity, which would peak in the coming year with an even more compelling moment.