Rate Smackdown Fox Debut

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown's Fox Debut

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 4/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
From my understanding, they have it in writing that the card and stars are subject to change. Also, in most of the ads when they’re in town, like the radio, whatever, they say the same thing: card is subject to change. Usually if this happens though, I’ve seen some house shows like give away more merchandise or try to make up for it in some way.

So, idk if it’s “shitty,” it’s just something that can happen.
Well...be that as it may...

It still seems an incredibly scummy thing to do...

"Advertise" Austin, Taker & Sting & not deliver on any of them...
& apparently Sting was there backstage ready to go.

:idk3:

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Well...be that as it may...

It still seems an incredibly scummy thing to do...

"Advertise" Austin, Taker & Sting & not deliver on any of them...
& apparently Sting was there backstage ready to go.

:idk3:
It doesn’t bother me that much. The only thing that would be bother me is if they booked sting vs whomever, or something like that, and then they just cancelled the match. If they advertise for a raw or smack down that sting and stone cold could be there, well, if they don’t show when I still have the rock, DB, Brock, and a surprise Cain debut, I wouldn’t really care.

Most of their advertising from what I know was centered around Brock vs. Kofi. The rock showing up. DB and Roman. Plus, it seemed like they threw together some aspects of this show literally last minute. They weren’t even sure for a while that the rock would show up.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
It doesn’t bother me that much. The only thing that would be bother me is if they booked sting vs whomever, or something like that, and then they just cancelled the match. If they advertise for a raw or smack down that sting and stone cold could be there, well, if they don’t show when I still have the rock, DB, Brock, and a surprise Cain debut, I wouldn’t really care.

Most of their advertising from what I know was centered around Brock vs. Kofi. The rock showing up. DB and Roman. Plus, it seemed like they threw together some aspects of this show literally last minute. They weren’t even sure for a while that the rock would show up.
Sounds like a "shitty" way to run a "TV Show" to me.

Just saying...

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Hardcore WWE Fans...I'm talking to you...

Are you okay with being lied to about the
appearances of Taker, Sting & Austin on
this show?

I mean they were advertised & then didn't
make an appearance?

The WWE lied to you...

Apparently, per WWE, they were "not needed after all" so I guess that's that...

Quite frankly, I don't even know where these guys could be used or fit in considering how "rush rush" this show was. It was like they had all these great ideas (which I honestly do not doubt) yet they probably forgot this is a two hour show rather then three hours, leading to almost everything seemingly working in panic mode, only exception being the opening segment with the Rock. That was about the only thing on this show that was given all the time in the world.

In regards to the Brock/Kofi main event, I feel the most sad part about the situation is that WWE basically flushed down the toilet everything they had built with Kofi. In other words, six months of work just went...poof in less then ten seconds. It's not like we haven't seen this before (Lesnar/Goldberg Survivor Series is still very fresh in my mind) and perhaps I could go back to the argument of them feeling they didn't have enough time for everything but that still isn't good enough of an excuse of how Kofi was treated here. I mean, it's not like the six man tag earlier was necessary earlier in the night, nor did it really have any meaning, hence my belief it could have easily been scrapped in order to give the main event a bit more breathing room.

Aside from that, I wouldn't be so down on Brock being the new champ. I get the worries of him being a part timer and this bringing back the not so fond memories of his previous reigns on RAW, however my understanding is that, at least at this stage, we will be seeing a lot more of Brock Lesnar then what you may actually think. There's a lot of money involved folks and if there's one thing for sure, Brock is all about it...

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I actually watched the Le$nar/Kofi match...& it was just
pathetic...

But the most pathetic thing is the Le$nar fans will be
going "Yeah...that was Awesome!" & "Finally Brock is
the real" top guy" while the WWE may have just taken
a giant, steaming shit on not only Kofi & those who
were invested in him...but all the guys Kofi went over