Rate Smackdown Fox Debut

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown's Fox Debut

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 4/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The two "warring" companies in one of the most anticipated wrestling weeks ever bringing in washed up MMA bums and WWE midcarders nobody cares about.

Someone cut away to Dixie Carter laughing somewhere.

NXT >>>>>

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I agree with Snowman. I don't care if it's Swagger, Punk, Cain, whoever

They can come into the wrestling world but pls stop presenting them like they are 10 times better than the current wrestling stars

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
the fact we have fans talking negatively about the main event shows why WWE knows how to troll.

So? Again, that only helps them in the short run. It doesn’t help them when Lesnar’s title reign gets dragged out over months without him appearing on the show.

Raw scored it’s lowest ratings in history during Lesnar’s first Universal title run. There was a reason for that. One being him never showing up and defending the belt. It was idiotic to put the belt back him. Sure people are talking about it. It won’t take long before they stop.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
WWE is superior all the time no matter how bad their product is... that is a fact so your point is invalid
Superiror in what? We are not counting in money and popularity consisting of shitload of marks and kids that probably don’t even know that wrestling exists outside of WWE. Judging by the product, WWE is not even in top 5 best promotions right now, with even Impact being way more interesting than them too.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
It sure is fun when you can discuss Wrestling like civilized adults.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeffry Mason

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I agree with Snowman. I don't care if it's Swagger, Punk, Cain, whoever

They can come into the wrestling world but pls stop presenting them like they are 10 times better than the current wrestling stars

If you're bringing back CM Punk, I get it. He'll, honestly all memes aside I get the Cain Velasquez move. If Fox is trying to bring non-wrestling fans to wrestling this is a smart way to do it. This week reminded us of how Brock can be, it's logical to bring out the one dude from his past he should be most afraid of (besides, kayfabe lives, Rollins)... I don't really care about it, but what does WWE do that me or most of us do?

At work they definitely had some chats about the new hotness that was AEW, the Cain thing, and - mostly - the Lashley/Lana thing because memes to the masses. WWE really is trying at least with this crowd, who never talks wrestling lol. But there's a reason during the Best of Smackdown video package we got 1 clip that happened over the last 10 years - a Phenomenal Forearm and AJ's title win - right before AJ was a nobody in an eight man tag.

Probably the same reason everything was rushed as hell on this show. A 4 minute ladder match lmao. Eight dudes sprinting through finishes. Horsewomen rushing to a heat spot, commercial, hot tag, Charlotte makes Bayley tap like a jobber bitch. If you're one of the new fans being brought in by one of these publicity stunts, what did the actual roster have time to do? Roman's dive? Strowman's sprint?

It was like bringing a Premiere League star to play in the London NFL game this week. Chicago is going to just kill Oakland so if the football sucks, who's going to come back to watch?

It's sad that I'm even ranting like this lol. Want to just grade it based on my enjoyment but....yeah there was just nothing here but business moves by a marketing company. And the Swagger thing left a BAD taste in my mouth. WHOA. SWAGGER. SHOTS FIRED. :blackshock:

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Great show and excellent debut if you take out the bullshit main event. Hell I don't even mind the Cain thing, although I don't think it needed a title on the line and it certainly didn't need Kofi being sacrificed like that. It could have actual potential as an angle I suppose, although its chances are severely hindered now by what they did to Kofi in order to do it.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Great show and excellent debut if you take out the bullshit main event. Hell I don't even mind the Cain thing, although I don't think it needed a title on the line and it certainly didn't need Kofi being sacrificed like that. It could have actual potential as an angle I suppose, although its chances are severely hindered now by what they did to Kofi in order to do it.

I must say, at first I didn't really like the way Kofi/Brock went down either. The fact that Lesnar was gonna beat Kofi has been known since they announced the match.. Brock's just more of a legitimate/believable world champion for FOX compared to Kofi, and I sort of expected it to be a quick match but not that quick and not that one-sided. I mean, Kofi put up more of a fight in their Beast In The East match from 2015, which was purposefully set up to be a squash match, than in this world title match.
But then again, in storyline Kofi Kingston has been sort of underestimating Brock in interviews leading up to the match, so to see him get caught off guard like this kinda fits the story of the program.

Kofi's title defenses ever since Mania have been anything but exciting if we're being honest, so to have this many people support/talk about him again is quite refreshing and I hope they can re-do this whole thing on PPV by letting Kofi get his shit in next time around. Brock's apparently also advertised for a lot of weekly shows coming up this year, so that might be a sign of him being on a more full-time schedule for the foreseeable future, which is nice.

I also have this tweet from Lance Storm which makes Kofi's loss look more like an upset, rather than a burial or worse. Pretty neat