Rate Smackdown Fox Debut

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown's Fox Debut

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 4/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I’m torn. The show wasn’t bad, and in a way I get why they did the ending the way they did. The only thing I disagree with about the ending is that it should’ve been more of a fight.m, even if kofi lost, okay, well, have him go out in a blaze of glory. It’s as if his reign almost meant jack shit now. Granted, him losing to Brock doesn’t make his credibility less, because whether you like him or not, he’s the most dominate thing in the sport. However, with that being said, Brock had a hard time against balor and cleanly lost to Seth... so... it’s not like it should be a bad thing for kofi to put up a very good fight.. after all, kofi did beat DB on the grandest stage... KO, Orton; case and point, he’s proven himself to be a champ. Then, one F5 later, he’s done because WWE wants to push Brock and Cain fighting in the main event of Survivor Series.

I’m honestly okay with Cain fighting Brock, but I’m not okay with how Kofi went down... what a shit show.
[automerge]1570312208[/automerge]
I must say, at first I didn't really like the way Kofi/Brock went down either. The fact that Lesnar was gonna beat Kofi has been known since they announced the match.. Brock's just more of a legitimate/believable world champion for FOX compared to Kofi, and I sort of expected it to be a quick match but not that quick and not that one-sided. I mean, Kofi put up more of a fight in their Beast In The East match from 2015, which was purposefully set up to be a squash match, than in this world title match.
But then again, in storyline Kofi Kingston has been sort of underestimating Brock in interviews leading up to the match, so to see him get caught off guard like this kinda fits the story of the program.

Kofi's title defenses ever since Mania have been anything but exciting if we're being honest, so to have this many people support/talk about him again is quite refreshing and I hope they can re-do this whole thing on PPV by letting Kofi get his shit in next time around. Brock's apparently also advertised for a lot of weekly shows coming up this year, so that might be a sign of him being on a more full-time schedule for the foreseeable future, which is nice.

I also have this tweet from Lance Storm which makes Kofi's loss look more like an upset, rather than a burial or worse. Pretty neat

I agree it could be seen as an upset, but only if WWE sells it that way. If they don’t, it’s simply kofi essentially being buried.
[automerge]1570312414[/automerge]
I'll just leave this here 3.869 million viewers Have a GREAT DAY!
white crow said:
popularity consisting of shitload of marks and kids that probably don’t even know that wrestling exists outside of WWE.

Last edited:
Reactions: bullyballmm

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
No that is an opinion. I can think shit smeared on white bread is delicious, it doesn't make it a fact.
Exactly, lots of shit can make $. Doesn’t mean the product is good. Perfect example is the DC universe so far. Sure the movies aren’t always bad, but the general consensus is that the stories and movies feel rushed and suck, yet they pull in shit loads of money almost every time. Does it mean the product is good just because it still makes good money? Nope, not at all.

Reactions: Solid Snake

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I think shit smeared on white bread is delicious
[automerge]1570314264[/automerge]
Exactly, lots of shit can make $. Doesn’t mean the product is good. Perfect example is the DC universe so far. Sure the movies aren’t always bad, but the general consensus is that the stories and movies feel rushed and suck, yet they pull in shit loads of money almost every time. Does it mean the product is good just because it still makes good money? Nope, not at all.
A even better example would be the transformers franchise. It took 5 shit movies for people to stop going. Then a good transformer movie showed up with Bumblebee and nobody went to see it because they expected more of the same. Now Bay is rumored to be coming back for the next one because Bumblebee underperformed.

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
4077491_orig.jpg

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
[automerge]1570314264[/automerge]

A even better example would be the transformers franchise. It took 5 shit movies for people to stop going. Then a good transformer movie showed up with Bumblebee and nobody went to see it because they expected more of the same. Now Bay is rumored to be coming back for the next one because Bumblebee underperformed.
Even though bumblebee was the highest rated one out of the entire franchise. Lol.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Even though bumblebee was the highest rated one out of the entire franchise. Lol.
But it made the least amount of money compared to everything else. It made $1,779,559 opening weekend compared to the worst rated transformers movie Age Of Extinction that made $100,038,390. Paramount likes money.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
But it made the least amount of money compared to everything else. It made $1,779,559 opening weekend compared to the worst rated transformers movie Age Of Extinction that made $100,038,390. Paramount likes money.
Right, that’s my point. Money doesn’t always matter or just imply something is good. Bumblebee is technically the best movie of the series, yet made the least money, because teens and casual fans kept going to see the aimless other ones because of big explosions and a couple bigger named actors.

Reactions: The Gipper

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So...its illegal for any company to advertise a
product or performer & then not deliver right?

Like this company flat out lied to its fans...

Are you guys really okay with that?

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Hardcore WWE Fans...I'm talking to you...

Are you okay with being lied to about the
appearances of Taker, Sting & Austin on
this show?

I mean they were advertised & then didn't
make an appearance?

The WWE lied to you...

Your thoughts?

If you have any besides "WwE iZ dah best Brah!"

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Hardcore WWE Fans...I'm talking to you...

Are you okay with being lied to about the
appearances of Taker, Sting & Austin on
this show?

I mean they were advertised & then didn't
make an appearance?

The WWE lied to you...

Your thoughts?

If you have any besides "WwE iZ dah best Brah!"

I don't remember seeing anything in their ads showing that. I believe the local ads advertised them and therefore those who paid for a ticket were ripped off.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing anything in their ads showing that. I believe the local ads advertised them and therefore those who paid for a ticket were ripped off.
So...that's still an incredibly scummy thing to do right?

Lie to people simply to get them to buy tickets...

I mean those "local people" could take legal action right?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
So...that's still an incredibly scummy thing to do right?

Lie to people simply to get them to buy tickets...

I mean those "local people" could take legal action right?
From my understanding, they have it in writing that the card and stars are subject to change. Also, in most of the ads when they’re in town, like the radio, whatever, they say the same thing: card is subject to change. Usually if this happens though, I’ve seen some house shows like give away more merchandise or try to make up for it in some way.

So, idk if it’s “shitty,” it’s just something that can happen.

Reactions: Grievous 3D