Rate Raw from 9/2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Bryan frees himself from Reigns, kicks Ambrose in the nuts and escapes through the crowd?

as for Wyatt why not have them cut promos in front of the audience instead of the video package stuff? They afraid of Husky Harris chants?
They need the creepy backgrounds

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Bryan frees himself from Reigns, kicks Ambrose in the nuts and escapes through the crowd?

as for Wyatt why not have them cut promos in front of the audience instead of the video package stuff? They afraid of Husky Harris chants?

Is Bryan escaping the best scenario to make him look strong? I guess it could work

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
It wasn't really a cliffhanger. Only if people wonder how Bryan will react to that next week.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It wasn't really a cliffhanger. Only if people wonder how Bryan will react to that next week.

I WRESTLED IN GYMS! ARMORIES! I WAS TOLD I COULDN'T BE CHAMP! I'M A WRESTLER! YOU'RE PRETTY!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I don't want to review the whole show, just wanted to mention a slight pet peeve about how they tend to tread the line of breaking kayfabe on-screen.

Firstly, HHH said that Doink The Clown could never be world champion. This one is pretty dismissive because you could argue that HHH simply meant Doink would never be given a title shot and thus an opportunity to become world champion because having a clown as your world champion kind of makes you look like a joke. But the other thing was Cody Rhodes' post-match interview as he was leaving the building. He said they made his father wear polka dots and dance around like a fool. He also said they made Goldust dress and act the way that he did. So he's basically saying on-screen that his dad and brother were not acting as themselves but rather playing characters written for them, which is almost essentially saying that it's all just a fictional TV show that we're watching.

I get that there's reality involved in this story line with Daniel Bryan and I guess they want to include all possible facets of the angle and so they want to show how the Corporate honchos have had a hand with alternating certain people's personalities/careers in the past as well but what Rhodes said went past that.

Reactions: Brad.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Fuck. Seeing how people have rated it lower than me, I feel as I should write on why I enjoyed it.

1. Randy Orton's promo was better than usual, anyone notice that?
2. Even though the opener was pretty similar as the last few weeks, they kept it entertaining.
3. Triple H threatening to fire Cody Rhodes? What a boss
4. Rhodes and Orton was match of the night. Like literally, anyone remember any other matches?
5. AJ finally got beatdown after she did a horrible job in commentary. Awesome.

Those are the good. The rest was bad to meh.

Anyways, this is probably the biggest storyline since a few years and people still find a way to complain.
It's only been 3 weeks, lets see what we've gotten.

Daniel Bryan beat Cena clean - Cool
We got a heel HHH and Orton - Cool
Shield are finally relevant - Cool
Faces are getting destroyed each week and can't do anything - Cool

Like what do people want? Daniel Bryan to stand tall against the corporation 3 weeks within the storyline? That they shouldn't even look credible?
C'mon now! :pity2:
This storyline is going up to Mania, chill out people.

No, i'd like to see bray, cesaro etc and not triple h 8 times. I was bored and it had nothing to do with Bryan getting beat down again.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't see why Pinkman is white knighting this ep of Raw so hard. Yes, the Corporate story is just beginning and is going to last a good long while. That doesn't mean that in the meantime we need to see 45 minutes of sobbing Big Show on our fucking screens. It was pathetic to book him that way and it made for cringeworthy television.