Rate Raw from 9/2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PunkWyatt

Jobber
Reaction score
It made me thankful MNF is back next week. The whole DB vs Big Show thing is dumb and it looked pretty stupid to me that the big Show didn't want to hurt the future WWE champ and most over guy right now. He's basically saying Bryan is such mismatch for him he didn't want to hurt him. Fine then just have show beat Orton then. Also will every RAW end with the stupid shield beating up DB? The horse is dead, time for something else to happen in this stupid DB vs the McMahons storyline!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
3/10. Don't know why they bothered setting everything up, they could have just replayed last week's Raw and got virtually the same thing.

Glad Orton's getting some mic time so he can get heat (nothing compelling but his mic work is so much better now) and it feels like more of the peripheral characters are getting some attention now, but cracks are starting to show. It's getting way too much time, it feels like 80% of the roster can't buy meaningful TV time if they had Lesnar's contract. There's no way casual fans are interested in this, and us internet fans can't believe Big Show's getting pushed like this. Plus it's wash-rinse-repeat. They talk for 20 minutes, someone gets screwed, Big Show cries, Ziggler sells, and we end the show with a triple powerbomb and a beatdown with the roster on the ramp. Can we get some story progression? Some hope spots? Something? Please?

Also, another crack is on the commentary. Heard JBL mention that "Ziggler should have kept his mouth shut and known what's good for business", and he's doing a great job making good points to get the heels over, and Cole said "Ziggler hasn't said anything though! He's kept his mouth shut!". That was good, both sides got put over, but this was the one time someone stuck up for the faces. Also... does anyone actually believe Ziggler's going to get his comeuppance? Bryan will, Big Show may, but Ziggler's just there to be Triple H's pawn and sell because he's good at it. Maybe I'm wrong on that one, but I'll believe it when I see it. At least they kinda went over the contract issue, and hearing Steph again was nice too.

Anywho, CM PUNK IS AWESOME. Really enjoying his work right now, much more than last year, and he probably got so many buys with that promo. Punk getting his revenge on Heyman is the selling point of the show, since Bryan getting his revenge on Orton is much less important than taking out Triple H. But seriously, can't say enough about how good Punk is right now.

FUCK YOU HULU HOW DARE YOU CUT OUT THE WYATTS FUCK YOU RAWR

The Divas match was a bigger mess than most Divas' matches, not to mention AJ Lee talking up Triple H on commentary (heel) and doing a bad job on commentary, THEN coming into the ring to break up the match, then getting a 3-on-1 beatdown by a heel, a dancing jackoff nobody cares about, and Natalya whose role is really feeling undefined right now. Is it just me or was this an unintentional AJ Lee babyface turn?

Almost forgot Cody Rhodes: Damn, he was made tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danielson

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Fuck. Seeing how people have rated it lower than me, I feel as I should write on why I enjoyed it.

1. Randy Orton's promo was better than usual, anyone notice that?
2. Even though the opener was pretty similar as the last few weeks, they kept it entertaining.
3. Triple H threatening to fire Cody Rhodes? What a boss
4. Rhodes and Orton was match of the night. Like literally, anyone remember any other matches?
5. AJ finally got beatdown after she did a horrible job in commentary. Awesome.

Those are the good. The rest was bad to meh.

Anyways, this is probably the biggest storyline since a few years and people still find a way to complain.
It's only been 3 weeks, lets see what we've gotten.

Daniel Bryan beat Cena clean - Cool
We got a heel HHH and Orton - Cool
Shield are finally relevant - Cool
Faces are getting destroyed each week and can't do anything - Cool

Like what do people want? Daniel Bryan to stand tall against the corporation 3 weeks within the storyline? That they shouldn't even look credible?
C'mon now! :pity2:
This storyline is going up to Mania, chill out people.

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Steph is awesome, HHH is solid and Orton is terrible. Since they are 90% of the show that's about all I need to review.

5/10 show. Wait, Ziggler jobbed to Ryback and I had a crying big Show on my screen for like half an hour. 0/10.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Apart from the main feud and storyline the rest was way below par. Cody and Orton match of the night however as Big Show was laughingly ridiculous. But the big story is so good so at the min im coping. But seriously WWE need to work on everything else as well.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Fuck. Seeing how people have rated it lower than me, I feel as I should write on why I enjoyed it.

2. Even though the opener was pretty similar as the last few weeks, they kept it entertaining.
4. Rhodes and Orton was match of the night. Like literally, anyone remember any other matches?

Anyways, this is probably the biggest storyline since a few years and people still find a way to complain.

Like what do people want? Daniel Bryan to stand tall against the corporation 3 weeks within the storyline? That they shouldn't even look credible?

Hey I don't mind that they stick with the storyline, but its the same shit regurgitated and fed back to us, again. Come on, do they use dart boards in creative or what?

My thoughts on your thoughts (lol):
1 & 2: Tuned in a little late, will watch again and see, sorry
3: Triple H does such a good heel. I hate him so much lol
4: Agreed
5: Meh, let them beat AJ in a match, then I will be calling it awesome. I think she was too preoccupied with the beating she was set to take to focus on commentary.

Punk was dissapointing this week and since that is really the only other story besides the Wyatts (which was lackluster this week I hear) I was not a happy WWE universian damn it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Like the positivity, but there were complaints about "plotholes" and stuff last week while we were enjoying the storyline. Right now, after the 3rd week in a row of the same thing over and over, it's really stale. We're yelling about how "BRYAN NEEDS HIS REVENGE NOOOOWWWWWW!" but you're right, it's way too early. If there was something different in this week's show, we wouldn't be complaining as much.

Reactions: CM Punk

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Hey I don't mind that they stick with the storyline, but its the same shit regurgitated and fed back to us, again. Come on, do they use dart boards in creative or what?

My thoughts on your thoughts (lol):
1 & 2: Tuned in a little late, will watch again and see, sorry
3: Triple H does such a good heel. I hate him so much lol
4: Agreed
5: Meh, let them beat AJ in a match, then I will be calling it awesome. I think she was too preoccupied with the beating she was set to take to focus on commentary.

Punk was dissapointing this week and since that is really the only other story besides the Wyatts (which was lackluster this week I hear) I was not a happy WWE universian damn it.

Can anyone think of a better ending? They like to leave it on a cliffhanger. What would happen if Bryan got the upper hand? They'd look weak. Eventually the WWE superstars will stand up against them, will just take time.
As for Wyatt's, I don't care. They'd just squash someone again.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Can anyone think of a better ending? They like to leave it on a cliffhanger. What would happen if Bryan got the upper hand? They'd look weak. Eventually the WWE superstars will stand up against them, will just take time.
And cliffhanger? I guess I don't see it. Bryan gets the dung beat out of him again and thats a cliffhanger? Now, Sandow's original MITB briefcase in the gulf. THATS a cliffhanger IMO.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

Bryan frees himself from Reigns, kicks Ambrose in the nuts and escapes through the crowd?

as for Wyatt why not have them cut promos in front of the audience instead of the video package stuff? They afraid of Husky Harris chants?