Payback Rate Payback 2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What would you rate Payback 2016?

Votes: 1 3.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 7.7%

Votes: 3 11.5%

Votes: 6 23.1%

Votes: 3 11.5%

Votes: 9 34.6%

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well, it's not something new with Lilan but recently she botched on several occasions while announcing the matches or introducing the wrestlers while they approach the ring. The latest was calling Big Cass bu his full name last week I think...

Ahh ok I didn't notice lol thanks though

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Prince Balor, with your logic, I'm giving this show a 0/10 because Randy Orton didn't show up nor did The Undertaker. FUCK WWE FOR NOT HAVING THEM ON THE SHOW!

Why do you care? You don't even watch the product anymore.

Plus, I gave it a 4, not a 0. ;)

Last edited:

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
tumblr_o6j0h0Pxsq1sk7a11o1_400.jpg

These are great

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
All matches delivered, in my opinion. I'm surprised that nobody mentions this.
I didn't mention it because, IMHO, not every match delivered. In particular Jericho vs. Ambrose. I found it very slow and plodding for what those two should be able to do.

One more thing I neglected to mention in my post above: did Lilian Garcia simply have the night off or did her recent fuck ups have anything to do with her absence?
Lillian wasn't even there. It was all Jojo and Eden.

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
I found it very slow and plodding for what those two should be able to do.
Jericho is 45 now. I legitimately don't think he's the same Jericho from 2012 or whatever, and his matches with Styles kinda showed that for me. Jericho should probably not have any 15+ minute matches anymore at this stage imo

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I fully agree indy. Jericho is past his prime. As shitty as it is, it's true. He's one of my faves

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
Jericho is 45 now. I legitimately don't think he's the same Jericho from 2012 or whatever, and his matches with Styles kinda showed that for me. Jericho should probably not have any 15+ minute matches anymore at this stage imo
Frankly, I thought he looked better in his matches with Styles than he did here. Also, I'm well aware of his age and I was taking it into consideration. It doesn't explain why Ambrose was slow, too. Really, each of those rebound clotheslines were easily avoidable.

Reaction score
Yeah Jericho vs Dean Ambrose was one of the worst matches I have seen on a PPV ever! So Sad

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
oh my GOD enough is enough with this heel authority bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Frankly, I thought he looked better in his matches with Styles than he did here.

That makes complete sense. Nothing against Ambrose (who I think has some tremendous qualities and an extremely high upside), but Styles is just a far superior wrestler than Ambrose, so he did (probably more than) his share in those matches and basically carried Jericho to a good match. I don't know that Ambrose is anywhere near that level yet.

Not saying anything that a lot of people haven't said in a lot of places, but Styles is legitimately one of the five best (maybe the actual best) professional wrestler in the world today.

wk

Reactions: Red Rain

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Payback was decent for a so called 'B' show PPV. Ending was odd though. The whole Shane and Steph thing in the last match and then the ending being the McMahons was just off. Overbooked for me.

subsaolau

Jobber
Reaction score
Balor is not going up before the next takeover. He's facing Joe in a rematch