Hell in a Cell Rate Hell in A Cell 2019!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What Did You Think Of Hell In A Cell?

• Total voters

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
My point mainly being that you seem to get worked up when we change the score dramatically based off what you perceive as one thing. But you cannot argue that on the surface it seems you did the exact same thing.

Well I am just here assuming that Insane wants the scoring to be taken seriously, maybe for statistical, comparing episodes analysis, so that's why I take how others on here decide to vote more seriously than is warranted. To have a proper scoring system there needs to be some agreed, established rules, and I believe it is just common sense not to take 50% worth of the total score a show can get over one segment - even if that segment is the main event. But I guess that was a bad assumption to make, and since everybody else was going to give the show a bad score my outlier vote of 7 wouldn't have made a difference (unless somebody wants to use averages over medians for whatever reason :/ ), so I gave a shitpost score of 3

This same reason is why I had a go at @Grievous II in the rate threads - Although it appears that apart from that one time he voted 0 to prove a point, he doesn't vote. Still, his constant negative comments on a show he hasn't watched in ages can influence the way others vote, so my point still stands.

Everybody thinks I am having a go at them when all I really want at the end of the day is for things like the Rate threads, the Fantasy League etc. to do well. It's honestly starting to get draining

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Well I am just here assuming that Insane wants the scoring to be taken seriously, maybe for statistical, comparing episodes analysis, so that's why I take how others on here decide to vote more seriously than is warranted. To have a proper scoring system there needs to be some agreed, established rules, and I believe it is just common sense not to take 50% worth of the total score a show can get over one segment - even if that segment is the main event. But I guess that was a bad assumption to make, and since everybody else was going to give the show a bad score my outlier vote of 7 wouldn't have made a difference (unless somebody wants to use averages over medians for whatever reason :/ ), so I gave a shitpost score of 3

This same reason is why I had a go at @Grievous II in the rate threads - Although it appears that apart from that one time he voted 0 to prove a point, he doesn't vote. Still, his constant negative comments on a show he hasn't watched in ages can influence the way others vote, so my point still stands.

Everybody thinks I am having a go at them when all I really want at the end of the day is for things like the Rate threads, the Fantasy League etc. to do well. It's honestly starting to get draining

Oh excuses, excuses. I love you buddy but there is no logical denying that you did exactly what you criticized others for doing.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2

Oh excuses, excuses. I love you buddy but there is no logical denying that you did exactly what you criticized others for doing.
Seeing as i am King of the Rate threads :p i shall throw my two cents into this.

Sure, i do want yall to rate in the poll above and be a little serious, but i want your vote more then anything to just be honest, it doesnt matter to be if you hate WWE or love it, weither or not you watched the show, because truth is thats what the recap is for, you can read what happened on the show hwo good or bad things were and give your thoughts accordingly.

Truth be told if i had it my way it would be 1 to 5 rating system but that failed horribly LOL

The rate threads do good as long as yall share your thoughts and rate in the polls, i find enjoyment in the fact yall actually read the recaps i spend the entire showing writing on, and get a little excited when i get on the next day to see yalls thoughts on the show.

Thats part fo the reason i made the logos aswell, i enjoy it, even if WWE right now annoys me to quite a large degree lol.

All i ask is you guys and everyone else keep it civil and respect eachother opinions.

And most important check out the Wednesday Night War thread as i update it every thursday!

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
But see, you can I can do that without being jerks to each other,which is great.
What an absolute mad concept in 2019, right? 2 people having opposing views who can discuss and debate things like civilized adults? xD I love you Jakey, would gladly debate with you any day of the week

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score

Ahh Jacob you're torturing me with your heel persona lol. Is this payback for the torture I gave you a few weeks ago? ?

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
The problem is that this "segment" was legitimately 50% of the PPV. The show had 2 cell matches and virtually nothing else. We only get so see Hell in a Cell matches once a year, and people expect them to deliver. Especially the Fiend/Rollins match. They purposefully made Wyatt the center of this show, knowing that it would sell itself, and that they would have to do jack shit as far as promoting it, or building an actual match card. No offense to Becky and Sasha, but Bray is the hottest thing in this company, and has been since the summer. I guarantee that a lot of people watched this show just because of the main event. So when the focal point of a PPV that had 4 matches announced for it, turns out to be utter shit it is no surprise that it takes the entire show down with it.

I personally thought the opening two matches were great, but the finish completely overshadows them, as being the worst one in the history of the Hell in a Cell. So you have a good, start and a terrible finish, how do you decide if the PPV is good or bad? You look at the middle of the card! Oh that's right they didn't bother with it, so they just gave you 5 Raw quality matches, with 0 thought put into them. So the middle part of this show was a 5/10 for me, but the first two matches were keeping it enjoyable overall . But just as these matches can pull the show up, the last one can sink it down, and that is exactly what happened.

That is why I gave it a 4.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Do you start with a base of 5/10 and add/subtract as the night goes on? Because I think that is how a lot of people here do it (some might even start at 0 and only add to it when there is something above average on the screen) whereas just give a rating out of 5 and then convert that to a 10 scoring system (so a 3/5 can either become a 5 or 6 out of 10 depending on how high of a 3 that is.

Then again I guess starting from an average, looking at average stuff as not adding to the score, negative stuff as subtracting to the score and positive stuff adding to the score would make more logical sense.

Ok I think I am going to change how I score things to that 5/10,+/- as the show goes on approach.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Honestly i dont pick a starting point when it comes to rating the show, i just judge the thing as a whole when its over and rate according to how i feel.

I feel like how a show leaves you feeling after it ends is super important and matters a ton, if the show ends and i feel like crap then the rating will be what it is according to that feeling, plus the rest of the show.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Honestly i dont pick a starting point when it comes to rating the show, i just judge the thing as a whole when its over and rate according to how i feel.

I feel like how a show leaves you feeling after it ends is super important and matters a ton, if the show ends and i feel like crap then the rating will be what it is according to that feeling, plus the rest of the show.

hmm

Do you think if the time in between when a show has finished and when you are able to rate it would affect how you scored it?

Because I know if I was thinking about giving a proper score for this rate thread as soon as the PPV ended I would have given it a 6, even a 5. But after having a day decompressing and reading other people's thoughts, I decided that I felt the show deserved a 4/5 which I converted to a 7/10

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
This same reason is why I had a go at Grievous II in the rate threads - Although it appears that apart from that one time he voted 0 to prove a point, he doesn't vote. Still, his constant negative comments on a show he hasn't watched in ages can influence the way others vote, so my point still stands.
Hey...you actually tagged me...

Nice work.

Yes...I did vote that one time just to prove & point...

And if my "negative" comments can influence others...
then perhaps those "others" aren't secure enough in
their own opinions & views...and I have no idea what
point you are trying to make...or if it even has legs to
stand on.

The WWE is a TV show...& to use an example...I'm
sure there are possibly millions of people who "gave up"
on the Walking Dead at some point BUT still read recaps
& have opinions on the basic story direction & character
development taking place in the show.

Frankly...I'm not wasting my time watching 5+ hours of
WWE content a week when it reads like a disorganized &
pointless mess booked by a millionaire geriatric...which
is exactly what it is.

Not to mention the recent appearance of MMA & Boxing
fighters who I don't know & I don't care about...because
news flash...I like wrestling...not MMA or Boxing.

If I wanted to watch MMA or Boxing...I'd you know...watch
MMA & Boxing.

In the latest RAW thread I posted a video of Bryan Alvarez
explaining how arrogant the WWE is & how disrespectful
their recent actions have been to their fan base...and you
wouldn't watch it because it was "A waste of time"

Well let me tell you this Base...

The WWE is the true waste of time & you can praise, protect
& explain for the WWE as much as you want...because they
know people like you will do it...no matter how much dirt they
kick in your eyes.

That's fine...that's your choice...

The same way its my choice to mock & ridicule every move
they make...because the WWE as a company does not care
about or respect its fans...and therefore I will not care about
or respect them.

Dusting-Hands.gif

(Charlotte is still my Bae 4 life though)

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Do you start with a base of 5/10 and add/subtract as the night goes on? Because I think that is how a lot of people here do it (some might even start at 0 and only add to it when there is something above average on the screen) whereas just give a rating out of 5 and then convert that to a 10 scoring system (so a 3/5 can either become a 5 or 6 out of 10 depending on how high of a 3 that is.

Then again I guess starting from an average, looking at average stuff as not adding to the score, negative stuff as subtracting to the score and positive stuff adding to the score would make more logical sense.

Ok I think I am going to change how I score things to that 5/10,+/- as the show goes on approach.
I don't really have a system. I start with a blank, and wait until the end of the show to compose my thoughts. For this one it was quite simple, I really liked the opening two matches, thought the rest of the show, up until the main event was a 5/10, as expected when it comes to PPV's like this with a weak undercard. Since this part took up most of the show, the middle rating of it is a 5/10. Before the main event I would have given it a 7, because the first two matches really boosted the show for me. The ending then came, and the negative impact of the main event overshadowed the positive impact of the first two matches. So if the opening of the show added 2 points to the middle rating, the main event took 3 off, and made it into a final rating of 4. This is the problem when you build a PPV around 2 matches, usually the undercard is just average, and its up to the 2/3 matches to make or brake a show. I usually wouldn't take so many points away just because of 1 segment, but the Fiend/Rollins match pissed me off like no other. Such a shame because I really liked the beginning of the show.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Hey...I have another question...

Was it actually painful to watch the main event with it being bathed under red light for
the entire match?

Every photo I see looks like a WWE2K game as seen through a Nintendo Virtual Boy & it
looks AWFUL!