Rap Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

Reaction score
Kanye Taking Legal Action Over "Mama's Boyfriend" Leak <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Kanye West is mad again...but for a good reason. Seems that the leak of "Mama's Boyfriend" was created with Kanye's stolen vocals and he is planning to take the culprit down. Get the deets inside and find out about L.A. Reid's new gig.
Kanye West is fuming about the leak of "Mama's Boyfriend" and his reps are speaking out saying that the track was not left of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
In fact, they say Kanye's vocals were stolen and someone laid them over their own soundbed for the leak. They added that legal measures will be taken to get the culprit.
His reps released the following statement:
The version of the Kanye West recording “Mama’s Boy” that arrived on blog sites earlier this week is entirely bogus and unsanctioned, and violates the artist’s creative intentions. As is often the unfortunate case, an unknown party or parties got a hold of Kanye West’s vocal track and added their own soundbed to it, effectively and falsely releasing it as a Kanye West track from the My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy sessions. The result in no way resembles the final song Kanye West intended his fans to hear, and he is deeply disappointed that one of the most personal, meaningful and special songs he has ever written would reach people in this way. Needless to say, measures are being taken to identify and prosecute the persons responsible for leaking this material.

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;kuGQM-jBTaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuGQM-jBTaM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kairi

Reaction score
anyone know what happened to that movie that 50 lost all that weight for where he was playing a cancer patient?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
anyone know what happened to that movie that 50 lost all that weight for where he was playing a cancer patient?
I think he already did it or so I would assume. Could still be in production not sure.

Anyways happy Birthday to imo the greatest rapper hands down of all time in Pac.

Kairi

Reaction score
Drake Honored at Songwriters Hall of Fame

<center>
songwriters-hof-2.jpg
</center>
Drake had every reason to be “on one” as he was recognized for his songwriting talents at the 42nd Annual Songwriters Hall of Fame gala at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York last night. The Canadian star was presented with the Hal David Starlight Award by acclaimed musician Jimmy Jam. He celebrated the big night with his mother, who was beaming with pride.

“Just won the most incredible award and performed for my mother…a year ago today she was being wheeled into a surgery room…I love you,” tweeted Drizzy, who rubbed shoulders with music icons Chaka Khan and Garth Brooks.

Skylar Grey showed off her secret talent, playing the lap dulcimer and singing Michael Jackson’s “Human Nature” and Madonna’s “Crazy for You” in honor of songwriter John Bettis.

Kairi

Reaction score
Lil Mama may be planning a move to Paris, but for now she’s sticking to “NY NY LA LA.” The spunky New Yorker mixes East Coast bang with West Coast slang on her brand new single, a funky old school jam featuring a verse from Cali kingpin Snoop Dogg, who raps, “In the past I had a little drama, but now I’m back with Lil Mama.”
“Snoop is like family. He really embraced me. That’s my guy right there,” the 21-year-old femcee told Rap-Up.com. “It’s always a pleasure and he’s really busy, as far as music is concerned, so for him to take the time out to work with me on my record was an absolute pleasure.”

Rap-Up.com has your exclusive first listen to their bicoastal collaboration!

listen here : http://www.rap-up.com/2011/06/17/first-listen-lil-mama-f-snoop-dogg-ny-ny-la-la/

Kairi

Reaction score
[video=youtube;OWeSAwf9uds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWeSAwf9uds&feature=player_embedded[/video]

she not bad at singing, too bad she crashed that whole alicia / jayz seg and is just known as lil mama fail now

Kairi

Reaction score
An abridged version of Frank Ocean’s much-buzzed-about mixtape Nostalgia, Ultra is set to hit stores next month. Rap-Up.com has a few more details on what you can expect from the commercial release.

The repackaged EP, which arrives on July 26 via Def Jam, will be called Nostalgia, LITE. and feature around seven songs. Tracks expected to make the cut are “Swim Good,” “Songs for Women,” “We All Try,” as well as the first single “Novacane.” At least two new songs, “Acura Integrul” and “Whip Appeal,” will be included. Some of the mixtape material contained samples that could not be cleared.
“The Eagles sample ['American Wedding'] has no chance in hell of being cleared,” the Odd Future member previously told MTV News. “Coldplay sample ['Strawberry Swing'], possibly. I hear ‘possibly’ from people who say they know. MGMT, those guys seem chill. I heard they heard the record ['Nature Feels'] and they liked it a lot, so hopefully that can go some way.”
Ocean debuted a video for “Novacane” earlier this week. He scored writing credits on Beyoncé’s “I Miss You” off her upcoming album 4, and has been in the studio with Nas, Jay-Z, and Kanye West.

Kairi

Reaction score
“I brought the queen, Lil’ Kim,” said Shawty Lo while introducing the notorious raptress as his surprise guest at Hot 107.9’s Birthday Bash 16 in Atlanta on Saturday (June 18). But the bigger surprise was what the Queen Bee said when she took the stage at Philips Arena after performing “It’s All About the Benjamins.”

“If ya’ll don’t know, this my boy right here. G-Unit South, that’s where it’s at,” proclaimed Kim, revealing that the “Dey Know” rapper is now part of the G-Unit roster and she may be following suit. “And I’m family too, down with the G-Unit camp. We got surprises for ya’ll.”

The Brooklyn diva, who was reportedly in talks to join Jay-Z’s Roc Nation at one point, has expressed her fondness for 50 Cent and has been in the studio working on music with him in the past.

After her announcement, she performed “Get Money,” leaving fans scratching their heads. Could Kim be the next G-Unit soldier?

Kairi

Reaction score
Sean Kingston Tweets First Photo Since Accident

<center>
sean-kingston-twitter.jpg
</center>
Sean Kingston has returned to Twitter following a jet ski accident that left him in critical condition. The “Beautiful Girls” singer sent out his first tweet since May 29 updating fans on his health.

“Feeling alot better! GOD IS GREAT! Thanks for all the prayers and support! Love you ALL!” wrote an upbeat Kingston. He also included a new photo of himself in the hospital where he appears to have lost weight.

The 21-year-old was badly injured after crashing his water vehicle into a small bridge in Miami over Memorial Day weekend. He is walking and breathing without a tube, TMZ previously reported.

Kairi

Reaction score
Cee Lo Green has been working like a machine. In addition to his judging gig on NBC’s “The Voice,” talk show hosting role, and touring schedule, the singer is prepping a new Gnarls Barkley album.

The “F**k You” hitmaker told UsMagazine.com that he and Danger Mouse are recording a follow-up to 2008’s Grammy-winning LP The Odd Couple.
“There is a new Gnarls Barkley album coming out!” revealed Cee Lo, whose talk show “Talking to Strangers” premieres June 22 on Fuse. “There is a whole bunch of stuff with the collaborations. Hopefully people will like what I am doing, that is always a plus.”
He offered up a few more details on what fans of the “Crazy” duo can expect. “I would hope it would break more grounds,” he added. “Knowing the nature of the space that we shared, I am pretty sure it will be somewhat similar.”
In the meantime, catch Cee Lo performing hits from his latest solo album The Lady Killer on Rihanna’s “LOUD” tour. “I am very excited to be a part of it,” he said. “[Rihanna] is very talented and she puts on a great show and I don’t do so badly. J. Cole is great too. It is a great package to see if you are in town.”

Kairi

Reaction score
J. Cole Announces Album Title, Release Date

<center>
j-cole-vest.jpg
</center>
After keeping fans waiting, J. Cole has finally revealed the title and release date for his debut album.

Cole World: The Sideline Story will be released on September 27 via Roc Nation/Sony Music. The North Carolina rapper made the announcement on Twitter. Rap-Up.com has confirmed the title and release date with his label rep.

The title continues the basketball theme found on his popular mixtapes The Warm Up and Friday Night Lights.

The first single “Work Out,” which borrows from Kanye West’s “New Workout Plan” and Paula Abdul’s “Straight Up,” was released last week, while the album is set to feature production from No I.D., Danjahandz, and Brian Kidd, along with a collaboration with Jay-Z.

Cole hopes to drop another mixtape ahead of the project’s release and sees Grammys in the future. “I’m tryna win that Grammy, tryna pull some Lauryn Hill shit,” he previously said.

Status
Not open for further replies.