Rap Music Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
[video=youtube;SEBsyTZrAco]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEBsyTZrAco&feature=related[/video]

Get ready.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wiz making a weed song how surprising. Really getting tired of him.

Kairi

Reaction score
he's not acting like the rapper persona when it comes to amber that's for sure lol

Kairi

Reaction score
Rapper Da Brat is back after jail stint <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
CNN: Fans of your sister's reality show (TV One's "LisaRaye: The Real McCoy") saw her interacting with you on while you were locked up. Any plans for your own reality show?

Da Brat: I'm working on getting one now.

The sad thing about it is most of these networks want the fighting, they want the drunkenness, they want the confrontational and that's not me anymore. I've outgrown that and I don't want that to be the main focus. Been there, done that and been through hell because of that.

I want to show people who I am, introduce them to my family, where I've come from, how I'm helping people with my charity work. I know it sounds boring, but with that comes with a lot and a lot of bumps in the road.

So I'm currently shopping for a deal right now.

CNN: You have very close family and friends, so who surprised you by coming to visit you in prison?

Da Brat: (Laughing) Mariah (Mariah Carey -- Da Brat and Carey appeared together in Carey's film "Glitter.") Yeah, Mariah and Nick (Nick Cannon, Carey's husband).

It was a shocker because the whole place was in an uproar. They must have called ahead because all of the officers and the warden knew. The whole compound put on their uniforms and it was a down day when we didn't have inspection or anything.

They called me and told me I had a visitor and I hadn't requested a special visitor so I was like "Huh?" Mind you, the person who came to get me was a lieutenant who up until then had been a complete a**hole towards me, but she was being all nice.

They told me to go into the warden's conference room and when I came around the corner I saw Mariah's manager. My knees buckled and I almost passed out. I couldn't believe she had come to see me.

She found a private airport that I didn't even know existed, flew her G5 in and came to see her BFF. I was really touched by that.

Complete interview: Rapper Da Brat is back after jail stint - CNN.com

Kairi

Reaction score
article i found, it's kinda interesting

Top Five Drastic Rapper Image Changes <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
5. LMFAO's Red Foo
With a "party rock" agenda, a propensity for dressing up in leopard-skin-print spandex, and songs hooked around deep concepts like, "I'm in Miami, Bitch," the LMFAO duo of Red Foo and SkyBlu have successfully managed to turn the idea of novelty rap into a lucrative-enough career. But Red Foo's musical past contains an altogether more sobering chapter, as he cut his rap chops as part of Red Foo & Dre Kroon, an independent hip-hop duo who gained some underground repute with 1996's studious "Life Is A Game Of Chess" vinyl 12-inch. An album called Balance Beam followed the next year, with input from West Coast indie rap staples Evidence and DJ Revolution. It's a past the now-outlandish Red Foo seems happy to cop to -- when I interviewed him at the tail-end of 2009, he said he's still proud of "Life Is A Game Of Chess" -- although a more recent series of spoof spots attempting a search for Dre Kroon failed to go viral. With a nice nod towards continuity, Red Foo's afro was still in blooming effect back in the mid-'90s.

4. Everlast
Donning a clean-cut, slicked-back look and a wardrobe that seemed to alternate between skin-hugging tracksuits and badly-fitting suits, a teenage Erik Schrody somehow found himself as a fixture in Ice-T's Rhyme Syndicate roster. Going by the rap name Everlast, "The Rhythm" outlined an oh so optimistic mission statement: "I'm Everlast, born to be a Caucasian/But it makes no difference what persuasion you are/As long as you know how to get up/Get on the floor, start working a sweat up." Alas, Everlast's 1990 debut album, Forever Everlasting, flopped -- a move which prompted the rapper to go back to his family roots and dig up some hitherto unacknowledged Irish history, shave off his locks, get an ill-advised tattoo appearing to back the IRA-supporting political group Sinn Fein, and forge a career as the leader of rowdy rap chaps House of Pain. But while House of Pain's "Jump Around" has endured as a hip-hop anthem, Everlast's Catholic years proved to be a fleeting commitment, as he converted to Islam a little later in the '90s.

3. Dr Dre
Dr Dre is a master at launching rap careers of artists with distinctive and well-defined images; Snoop's languid, weed-sozzled vibe, Eminem's trailer park schtick, and 50 Cent's walking bullet-magnet appeal have all benefitted from the good Doctor's not-so-unseen hand. But if Dre's own big break came as part of public menaces N.W.A., his prior persona as part of electro group the World Class Wreckin' Cru attempted a far more sophisticated trick, which involved wearing the type of shiny suit jackets and (allegedly) make-up that presumably ensured entry to only the swankiest of nightclubs back in the early-'80s. Oh, and don't forget how anti-chronic he used to be.

2. The GZA & The RZA
Silk suits! Describing themselves in three words: "handsome, charming and freaky"! Rapping about tenderly holding a young lady's hand while whispering "Come do me" in her ear! Yep, the first hip-hop forays of RZA and GZA, the Wu-Tang Clan's de facto head honcho and lyrical scholar respectively, were far removed from the grimy, mud-sodden styles that the Clan would later use to revolutionize the rap industry. For their solo singles in 1991, The Genius and Prince Rakeem (as they were then known) pitched themselves as a pair of rapping lotharios, with RZA even suited-up in a tux and top-hat for his "Oooh, We Love You Rakeem" video. Thankfully, both projects bombed, allowing the rappers to retreat, disgruntled, and return two years later with a whole new uncompromising style announced by the Wu's awesomely-raw debut "Protect Ya Neck."

1. Lupe Fiasco
"You know I don't pop-pop at the bar/But I might send pop-pops through your car." Those are the firebrand boasts of Lupe Fiasco, who before finding a career as an antidote to rap's gangsta leanings attempted to blow-up by, er, positioning himself as a full-on, club-hopping gangsta type. Elsewhere in the song "Pop Pop," Lupe vows to "put the tool in your face," brags about how he's got the police, hustlers and gangstas "nervous," and details how he does all of the above while wearing alligator skin loafers. (He's a size ten, if you're feeling generous.) But when lil' Lupe realized that crime rhymes weren't going to pay for him, he wholesale flipped his image into some sort of conscious skateboarding rapper nerd who collects rare Japanese-edition Sylvanian Families figures. Nattily, the last couple of years have seen Lupe yet again develop a new persona for himself, as he seems to have ditched the idea of even attempting to make enjoyable music in preference for becoming a professional whinger and whiner.

Laughing My Fucking Ass Off: Top Five Drastic Rapper Image Changes - Los Angeles Music - West Coast Sound

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
How is Eminem not on that list. Went from a drugged up dude who made songs about killing his wife to how he is now. Jay-Z should be the reason this list was made as he is the poster boy for image change. Compare how he was in early 2000's and 90's to how he is now and it is night and day.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
So Lupe doesn't watch Anime?

Kairi

Reaction score
Upon sharing news that he and autotune abuse accomplice Ke$ha would be heading to the studio to record a collaboration, the ‘I’m Sprung’ singer sprang another surprise on fans (and non-fans) by announcing his plans to abandon the software. While most would attribute T-Pain as its popularizing force, the ‘rapper-turnt-singer’ is determined to ditch the overused voice modification effect for his forthcoming, fourth studio album ‘rEVOLVEr’ (due September 2011).
See what he had to say below:

Via Boombox:​
“I’m done with Auto-Tune,” T-Pain said in a statement. “I vow right here, right now, to never use Auto-Tune again.”​
“You can’t stick with one thing forever,” the Grammy-winning singer-producer told Billboard. “After you figure out how stuff works, you’ve got to start making your own. When everybody talks about (Auto-Tune), they pretty much say T-Pain. So what simpler thing to do? It’s supply and demand. You want the T-Pain sound? I’m gonna give you the T-Pain effect.”
Sigh. We know it was too good to be true. The ‘T-pain effect’ (aka the software formerly known as autotune) announcement was certainly a way to build interest in the new album. Rest assured, there’ll be plenty of studio magic tricks on the album for your enjoyment. Want to learn more? Visit http://www.t-paineffect.com.​

Kairi

Reaction score
Now here’s a crazy look into the world of major record labels, Interscope/Universal Records has used the YouTube DMCA policy to take down a song they wanted to buy for Eminem.

The story starts with North London hip hop artist Skepta. A few weeks ago he released his new album Lights, Camera, Action online and uploaded the single Dare To Dream to his YouTube account (hear it below). A few days later the video was taken down and replaced by a copyright infringement notice.

Skepta had no idea why, but eventually found out last week. He tweeted: Just got a f*%king CRAZY email, I don’t know if I should be angry or privileged. This explains why the f*%k YouTube took ‘Dare To Dream’ off.

One of the first listeners who happened to hear the track online was Jimmy Lovine, the founder of Interscope Records. When Lovine heard the track he recognised the commercial potential and with help from Universal they had the track removed from YouTube on a copyright infringement claim. They then proceeded to contact Skepta’s record company with a large cash offer and Skepta signed the rights over to Interscope. Who gets the song, Eminem …
The original version is still popping up on file-sharing sites, although Universal is making sure they all get taken down quickly, but we found a version on SoundCloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.