Rant

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Already, Im seeing you arrogant smarks, going around like your better than wrestling, and trashing the Vince storyline again

Stopped reading there. Just because someone doesn't like something doesn't make them an "arrogant smark". All it means is that they like different things. Its not that hard to understand, is it?

By the way.. Pretty much everyone on this forum IS a mark. We know its fake, we know when a storyline, angle, or feud is stupid.. YET WE STILL TUNE IN TO THE RAW, SD, ECW AND IMPACT ON A WEEKLY BASIS. We still worry about what the card for the next PPV looks like and more importantly. TNA and WWE are STILL making money off of us "Smart Fans".

Guess what? That makes us marks!

MikeRaw

Stopped reading there. Just because someone doesn't like something doesn't make them an "arrogant smark". All it means is that they like different things. Its not that hard to understand, is it?

No, what hards to understand is people asking for storylines, twists, fresh feuds, etc, then getting it, and then complaining before it even starts. That=arrogance
Its not the fact that you dont like it, its the fact that people have been picking apart every little part of the show for the past day, and not even stopped to think about what could happen. This storyline can turn out to be the worst shit ever, or the best, but how the fuck would we know yet?

exC.On

Reaction score
ill take any storyline the wwe has to offer right now, the only thing i dont like about it so far is it had to be like a year later from the dieing incident which makes it seem faker, but other then that i thought it was good.

Soulpower

No, what hards to understand is people asking for storylines, twists, fresh feuds, etc, then getting it, and then complaining before it even starts.

Its not. People wants twists, fresh feuds and storylines like you said. They just want them to revolve around the athletes/wrestlers instead of revolving around a 62 year old man who is NOT an active wrestler.

MikeRaw

No, what hards to understand is people asking for storylines, twists, fresh feuds, etc, then getting it, and then complaining before it even starts.

Its not. People wants twists, fresh feuds and storylines like you said. They just want them to revolve around the athletes/wrestlers instead of revolving around a 62 year old man who is NOT an active wrestler.

Then go watch ROH, which is what most people who dont like what wwe does. And I think you do too ( IM pretty sure)
But thatswhy you should have read the rest of the fucking rant, because it said in there, what my point is. The reason that its happening, is because wwe isnt a sports event, its a tv show. It revolves around wrestling, and its live, but its still a tv show, and thats why millions of people watch it, for the entertainment. In fact, I bet most people who watch wwe watch it for the entertainment, including the storylines, and not just matches, and thats why stuff like this is happening.
So maybe you should read the post, and get my whole point, instead of just one line, and you would see that my point was its an entertainment tv show, based around wrestling and storylines, not a wrestling event based on matches, and thats why we get storylines, and anyone who doesnt like it (before the storyline gets going that is) obviously forgets why they watch wwe. Cause if your reason for liking wrestling was for matches, you wouldnt be watching wwe.

The Rated R CMStar

Then again, which storyline is the most praised and remembered in WWE History? Austin vs Mcmahon, an active wrestler against a non active one.

Tell me, how can you discard right now that this angle will not lead to a wrestler setting up everything for the accident, and starting another Vince vs a wrestler? You cant say this is a good storyline, or a bad storyline yet, it has just begun

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
It'll probably get higher ratings just for the shock value, it makes the viewers wanting to see what happens the next week, which is brilliant. I don't see TNA doing that, or even the other two WWE shows having something that exciting. I might not like it, but hey, it'll be successful in gaining viewwers.

ollie

Reaction score
I have to agree with Mike. I watch WWE for the entertainment not the integrity of it cos god knows it hasn't got much of that left. In fact, my girlfriend was taking the piss out of me watching it at my age and I likened it to her watching coronation street (popular british soap for those who don't know)

This thing has just started and it could be something great in the making or it could be a complete flop but there's no point shitting on it straight away; give it a chance.

Haze187

Reaction score
^^^
Um no shit we all watch tv for entertainment. Everything on tv is for entertainment. Saying that watching a wrestling match isn't entertaining to some people is moronic. There's a thing called good entertainment and tasteless entertainment. Not everyone finds this angle entertaining, I don't, I don't know anyone around me that does. Now if he wants to do it that's up to him I don't care if he does it or not my point is that its not neccessary for him to come up with more "kill vince" angles wich nobody finds entertaining. Do you think that when those "tribute" shows happened when he blew himself up when people were booing on the bells was just because people were going by the storyline? No that's because they watched the news and saw it was fake and got pissed off at it, that was legit heat. Its stuff like this that people don't care about anymore. Now if you don't agree with me then don't but don't come with your "rants" if you can't back up your arguements.
And CMS give me proof that that storyline is the most praised ever. You going by your own made up stats. Plus it was a storyline that was previously done (Nash and Hall with Eric Bischoff). It was a good storyline and possibly one of the best but it certainly about wasn't people caring about Vince dying or not. Stuff like that is a complete slap to the face to Owen Hart and others who have died legitly in a ring, it slaps the casket of the TNA worker who died of a similar accident a few weeks ago, doing tribute shows for fake deaths are a slap to the face of the Owen Hart tribute and the Eddie tribute. And you could just look at Tazz's discomfort while he had to do a fake speech about fake death when he had to do it for real when Eddie died. It just shows how much Vince really cares about people's lives who are risked everytime they hit the ring. That's called tasteless entertainment. Agree with me or not but do you think people are happy about shit like this being done? But he does it because the media picks up on it to give them a worst image but in return he gets 3 to 4 weeks of high ratings, is that what he has to do for ratings now? Blow himself up? Throw stages at himself? Like what I say or not you can't deny these are stupid things to do. So to get out of a storyline he has to get hurt? Couldn't he just be like fuck you all I'm not giving anymore money, or have someone steal his money or something but no he HAS to attempt fake suicide AGAIN. The draft will now be the Annual Kill Vince show.
Now its easy to not agree with me because I don't have 4,000 posts you guys automatically think I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, and because people are scared to have a "debate" with MikeRaw they start kissing his ass, that's having no opinion and not standing up for yourself. I say what I don't like and I say what I like wether any of you like it or not.

MikeRaw

^Your storyline is full of non-facts.
Firstly, you just said that ollie cant speak for everyone with his opinions, and he cqan have his own, yet ihe shouldnt speak for everyone, but then you go and say that the whole storyline sucks, but that was only your opinions. Make up your mind. Just because in your opinion it sucks, doesnt mean everyone thinks it does.

Secondly, what are you talking about with the news stuff? If people hate a storyline just because its not real, thats reatarded. That was the point of this rant. I dont get why people are upset that its "not real" BECAUSE as was the point of this rant, its not supposedf to be real, because its a tv show! Its not a sporting event... these are characters on tv, and this happened to the character of Mr.McMahon...

Also, since when is this another death angle?

MikeRaw

LOL,i was waiting for a sheep to say that... do you honestly think wwe did this as a diss to TNA? The tna guy was ON a scaffold, and fell off to his death (which is sad btw), but he was on a scaffold, and fell, whereas Vince was on a stage, and the stage fell on him. It didnt even have anything to do with falling, or a scaffold.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
No, i'm not saying that WWE did it to mock TNA or the worker, but they should have been respectful and stayed away from this storyline for a few months.

Rell

Reaction score
Why do you people care about complaints anyway? Shouldn't YOUR opinion be thee only opinion of any importance? I mean, I myself am a CZW fan. About 85% of this board would tell you CZW is probably the worst display of wrestling they've ever seen (though they've never seen an actual show, go figure) does it anger or annoy me? Not at all. Complain all you want, hate all you want, right or wrong, it doesn't change how I feel about the product, so who gives a fuck?

If you love it, fine, if you hate it...fine, no reason to clash over it.

Its childish. When me of all people am calling anything childish, you know you're in trouble lol.

MikeRaw

^You answered your own question though Rell. those people dont want CZW... these people DO watch wwe, and no matter what, whatever they do is wrong. Your right though, have your own opinion, and in real life, I do , and Im not concerned about others for the most part, but on this forum its for debating opinions.