Randy Orton Wrestlemania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

Orton vs Legacy with Austin as the special guest ref.

Orton beats the hell out of Legacy and gets a huge face reaction.

Beer bash with Austin, Orton tries to RKO Austin, Austin turns the tables and hits the Stunner on Orton, making Orton a heel again and taking a giant shit on all the face buildup.

CenaMark54

or.....Orton/Triple H vs Shaemus/Legacy

Shaemus and Legacy will run in on this weeks mania rewind match and Orton/HHH will decide to combine their powers of backstage politics to squash the three youngins at Mania

Reaction score

Beer bash with Austin, Orton tries to RKO Austin, Austin turns the tables and hits the Stunner on Orton, making Orton a heel again and taking a giant shit on all the face buildup.

Lol yeh, cause a couple of months of work building him up as a 'face' (more as a tweener) would be a waste. remind you of 2004? even if u were serious about this scenario id hate it. y would austin get involved with orton/legacy, lol.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score

^ Agree.

I also think Austin is going to appoint himself referee for the Vince vs Bret match at Mania if any shady business goes down at the contract signing.

the408kid

Reaction score
I also think Austin is going to appoint himself referee for the Vince vs Bret match at Mania if any shady business goes down at the contract signing.
Good Point! I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. I definitely wouldn't put Austin as the ref in the legacy match though. Randy Orton is getting over big time as a tweener right now and to have Austin stun him after that possible match at mania would destroy any momentum Randy had going as a tweener.

xtremebadass

Putting Austin in the ring with anyone these days makes every single other man in the same ring as him look like the bad guy.

Do I need to point out the Goldberg/Lesnar debacle or how about the Battle of the Billionaires. No one cared for that match going into it and they cared even less for the actual match, all they wanted to see was Stone Cold. Still don't know why Lashley didn't get the Stunner.

the408kid

Reaction score
Putting Austin in the ring with anyone these days makes every single other man in the same ring as him look like the bad guy.

Do I need to point out the Goldberg/Lesnar debacle or how about the Battle of the Billionaires. No one cared for that match going into it and they cared even less for the actual match, all they wanted to see was Stone Cold. Still don't know why Lashley didn't get the Stunner.
I agree with you here and thats why putting Austin as the special guest referee in the Brett/McMahon match makes sense to me. Brett had a major rivalry with Stone Cold in 97(WM 13 First Blood Match) before the Montreal Screwjob. And with that history with Vince and Stone Cold, Brett has heat with both men and of course who can forget the classic Austin Mc Mahon saga of 99.

The perfect fitting in this match imo would be Brett getting the submission on Mc Mahon via sharpshooter, and when Vince is barely able to get to his feet, Stone Cold stuns Vince and knocking him out, then him and Brett get to toast each other with a couple of beers and then when Brett least expects it Stone Cold puts the stunner on Brett as well. And that would put the final nail on Brett in the wwe. What do you think

Mister J

Reaction score
It would make more sense if Austin was involved with Bret Hart and Vince McMahon. Bret Hart is the one that spent the end of his WWE career putting over Steve Austin. He knew Austin was going to be the next top guy in WWE.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score

Something needs to be done in this match to hide the fact that neither participant is physically able to be there. If Austin's presence can do that, I'm all for it.

Vince is the bad guy. If he gets even more heat off Stone Cold's presence, how is that a bad thing?

Anything they do with Bret has got to be better than making him look like the vagina he has looked like the last few times we've seen him.

Axis

Kofi/Orton vs Legacy could have worked given their history, but it would have required a lot more long-term buildup than it was given. They would have had to constantly tease the tension between them, and provide more background to it than one week before Wrestlemania. That would be such an awful copout if they went with that.

xtremebadass

There is no other option other than a triple threat at this point. It isn't really foreseeable given there isn't any friction between Ted and Cody.

If Ted and Cody get into some sort of argument while trying to beat up Orton, I can easily see Austin coming out and making it a triple threat match, much like he came out and announced the Elimination Chamber for Summerslam 2003.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Kofi/Orton vs Legacy could have worked given their history, but it would have required a lot more long-term buildup than it was given. They would have had to constantly tease the tension between them, and provide more background to it than one week before Wrestlemania. That would be such an awful copout if they went with that.

Yeah, they pretty much backed themselves into a corner. Either go with a crappy tag team match, or a crappy triple threat match. If they were determined to break up Legacy at Mania, a tad more thought put into it would have been nice.

There is no other option other than a triple threat at this point. It isn't really foreseeable given there isn't any friction between Ted and Cody.

If Ted and Cody get into some sort of argument while trying to beat up Orton, I can easily see Austin coming out and making it a triple threat match, much like he came out and announced the Elimination Chamber for Summerslam 2003.

No matter what they do, it is going to come off as rushed. It is almost worth it though to have the whole thing just over with at this point.

xtremebadass

Wouldn't surprise me, since they already have enough matches at WrestleMania altogether, that the triple threat would happen tonight and it would be a MITB qualifier since this rivalry isn't planned out well enough to be showcased at Mania.

This whole storyline/feud/ w/e you want to call it is just one big clusterfuck. It really is. There has been no hints dropped or clues as to what is actually going on here. All it is is Legacy and Orton split. One would assume Orton vs. Legacy at Mania, yet that happened just on Raw. If any of the 3 should end up at Mania it is definitely Orton. Rhodes and DiBiase haven't done anything since their feud with DX to make them WM worthy.

But then again wtf has Jack Swagger done to be considered WM worthy?

Axis

A triple threat could have made a lot more sense if they started the build from Royal Rumble, which was entirely possible.