Randy Orton Wants Time Off

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Tbh, I think it's just me, @Tgmiveld, and @Tumbas likes Orton.

TGMI is completely blinded by Orton, the guy thinks Orton is God and the best thing that's ever happened to WWE... Which, let's face it, is not true. Dunno about Tumbas, though.

Don't get me wrong. I like Orton - the wrestler, but Orton - the character, is stale and a charisma vacuum.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I don't really see where he can make much of a gimmick change, really. He doesn't really have enough depth or layers to him to really allow for much character change or metamorphosis from what we've seen from him already. The best he can probably do is simply disappear for awhile so that when he returns from a long hiatus, the audience will actually miss him and have a re-freshened perspective of him again.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
If they want to write him off, can they please do that by having Lesnar vs. Orton at HIAC. Orton vs. Lesnar is like a dream match of mine so yeah, please. Or have that match at Survivor Series.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
They shouldn't just let him have the time off, they should just let go of him period.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Orton should take off until the RR, and come back for spot roles like Jericho. He's good in ring, has been stale for a long, long while now, and I have no interest in seeing him weekly. If he wants time off, I think he's earned it by being on week in and week out for a long while now.

The roster being thin is just terrible. Give Orton off, minimize the Authority angle, and get some NXT call ups and decent feuds going already. The problem is feuds like the ones that include Rusev and matches with Show/Henry are 5 minutes of show at best and don't require build. There are plenty of ways to take up more TV time, and plenty of stars around that could occupy the ring. The problem is how they are used. Hell Bo Dallas isn't on TV for over 10 minutes and he is a heat magnet. Tag division is horrible, US title feud is for some reason constantly mixed in with IC matches to help "build" and you could throw Reigns on TV 3 times a night and no one would complain.

Just don't give the diva's division any more TV time.

Reaction score
He's been shoved down our throats for the last ten years. But yeah, he's so being mistreated Kappa. Time off will do it well.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Peace, brother. Can't wait for you to come back at the Royal Rumble as we say "Oh, wait, you were gone? Huh. That's interesting..."

Last edited:

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Triple HHH, Batista, and Punk didn't do anything drastic to change their look, did they? I mean what did they do that was so different than before? Triple H changed his theme music to King of Kings, Batista became more inhuman looking (which was bad), and CM Punk simply change his theme song...and started saying "best in the world".....alos, Punk was kind of an exception....simply because he literally went against everything the writers said and kept trying to only do his own thing....which may or may not have been beneficial, it just happened to work....You mean to tell me if Orton came out and wore slightly different wrestling attire and changed his theme song for a while, he would all the sudden be viewed differently? No, it would take more than that. A "jean jacket" isn't going to change shit with the Vipre if you ask me. Please don't ever bring up Miz as a good example of anything because he's a bad example for anything ;)

Animation isn't going to help Orton if you ask me. He needs different music, different image altogether, and he needs to modify his wrestling abilities. The guy is talented enough in the ring to have more of a "catches as catch can" style. He should take advantage of it.
Batista, HHH and CM Punk didn't change? They drastically changed their gimmicks over the years.

upload_2014-9-16_14-19-25.jpeg
upload_2014-9-16_14-19-49.jpeg
upload_2014-9-16_14-20-11.jpeg
5f5dab8a11c7d339f851fdbaef0104ab._.jpg
upload_2014-9-16_14-20-51.jpeg
upload_2014-9-16_14-21-27.jpeg

Reactions: SuitWearingMonkey

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Batista, HHH and CM Punk didn't change? They drastically changed their gimmicks over the years.

View attachment 1249View attachment 1250View attachment 1251
5f5dab8a11c7d339f851fdbaef0104ab._.jpg
View attachment 1252View attachment 1253
Batista has done nothing really to change his gimmick at all....Triple H hasn't done much either...but Triple H is damn good at everything he does so it can work....Punk...well, again, an exception who's a rebel and took a gamble. Plus, you're making it seem like if Orton put on a jacket....or changed his music....he would just all the sudden be better.....no, it's not that....and the pics you posted are horrible examples of "gimmick changes" as in most of them they just shaved or have different clothes on....all of which Orton has done...hell, Orton is even tattooed all over and looks more badass and that didn't help.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Batista completely changed when he turned heel, bro.
Triple H in 2000 and Triple H in 2003-04 were extremely different.
CM Punk changed his look every year or two.
Changing your look keeps you fresh and motivated. I do believe if Orton changed it would rejuvenate him like it's done for 99% of people in the history of the business.

I posted 'horrible examples' yet they worked. Orton is the boring one, no the people I mentioned. 2009 was Orton's most drastic change and his peak. Why did he stop there?