Randy Orton Wants Time Off

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Everything Randy Orton does seems awkward. It's as if he just wakes up each day and comes to the ring.
MOST wrestlers of his stature, I'm sure, turn up the volume, get slapped in the face or do any of the like to get into character.
Being a main event level has got to be the easiest f***ing sh*t on the planet, yet he hasn't so much has changed his look.
Orton has stroke. He could wear a jacket, grow his hair, shave his beard, put in contacts but he hasn't. He wonders why he's so bored.

Punk, Batista, HHH and Hogan are just a few of the guys who altered their physical appearance. Why can't Orton do it?
No matter how hard he tries. he isn't Jake Roberts but he does have support. Why not try SOMETHING different, anything at all. If not, retire, his personality isn't special.
I agree with you, but to be fair, Orton is just doing what he's told by WWE.....I mean im sure he has lots of pull...but most of the time, he's following orders....

I think he has to know his characters is overdone....so yeah I'm sure if he really threw a fit about it....he could get them to change some stuff...but I think he's just in drifting mode and doing whatever they see fit.....not defending him....but WWE is the main cause for this bs.

Reactions: Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I agree with you, but to be fair, Orton is just doing what he's told by WWE.....I mean im sure he has lots of pull...but most of the time, he's following orders....

I think he has to know his characters is overdone....so yeah I'm sure if he really threw a fit about it....he could get them to change some stuff...but I think he's just in drifting mode and doing whatever they see fit.....not defending him....but WWE is the main cause for this bs.
If what you're saying is true, then why can HHH, Batista and CM Punk change their look and Randy Orton can't?
Following orders is one thing but changing your hair do or wearing a jean jacket is up to the talent. Even the Miz makes suggestions and is granted his request
Cody Rhodes and Jericho are further examples. Each talent I mentioned, do as they are told, but Randy Orton is somehow different? I don't buy that.

WWE hasn't stopped Orton from 'animating' himself. Of all the main event talents I've ever seen he and Diesel have to be the most toned down and boring, by a continental mile.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
No/No/Yes.
I mean, I kinda miss this Orton. He was pretty badass back in 2009.
cdc8f5341a1508c8b50872b86cc5ed45.jpg

I think most people here agree with it.

What has happened to this Orton? Why isn't Orton the badass he was back in 2009?

Does that Wrestlemania 25 entrance really impress you? You, of all people. should understand the value of creativity.
Watching that entrance made him look like pretty boy model, not an unhinged maniac that he had been portraying for sometime.

2009 was great, in large part, due to writing, his natural look and peaking in terms of his understanding of psychology. He just limits himself more than necessary

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
PGH, I just don't think randy has the work ethic and dedication to try and give life to his own character, much like hogan, HHH and Punk. I mean, It's not like its wrong to be there just for the paycheck, but sometimes I feel like he has zero ambition. And I'm being generous here because I like him

edit: He shouldn't NEED to innovate it himself, though, but with wwe's writing, thats almost a requierement.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
He surely does need time off... But where does that leave the current roster? It's gonna become even thinner. I don't wanna see Big Show and Mark Henry (unless he's a heel) in ME scene, and I sure as hell don't wanna see the annoying, stale Cena.
Randy, while being one of the most stale characters on the show, along with Cena and Sheamus, he always puts on good matches. Not a single wasted movement in the ring. The guy is a great performer.

His match against Reigns at SS was damn good, it made Reigns step up a bit, from his generic '5 moves of doom' match formula (much like Cena).
Orton and Del Rio, so far have been the only ones who could bring out the best in Reigns... But that's the story for another thread.

Yeah, Randy, take time off. Take a year or two. Then, come back with a new look, new music and maybe the fans are finally going to give a fuck.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Surprise everyone by having Orton and DB return at the Royal Rumble, that would be hella intense.. Idk Randy's involved with the Authority though so he does have some storyline purpose.. how would they continue their affairs if he were to leave for awhile?

Reactions: Green Jesus

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Surprise everyone by having Orton and DB return at the Royal Rumble, that would be hella intense.. Idk Randy's involved with the Authority though so he does have some storyline purpose.. how would they continue their affairs if he were to leave for awhile?
He could also come back to screw the current champion(be it daniel bryan or Reigns or whoever) out of the title, helping rollins with the cash-in, it would be the second time in a roll that Orton would play a major role in this kind of thing

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If what you're saying is true, then why can HHH, Batista and CM Punk change their look and Randy Orton can't?
Following orders is one thing but changing your hair do or wearing a jean jacket is up to the talent. Even the Miz makes suggestions and is granted his request
Cody Rhodes and Jericho are further examples. Each talent I mentioned, do as they are told, but Randy Orton is somehow different? I don't buy that.

WWE hasn't stopped Orton from 'animating' himself. Of all the main event talents I've ever seen he and Diesel have to be the most toned down and boring, by a continental mile.
Triple HHH, Batista, and Punk didn't do anything drastic to change their look, did they? I mean what did they do that was so different than before? Triple H changed his theme music to King of Kings, Batista became more inhuman looking (which was bad), and CM Punk simply change his theme song...and started saying "best in the world".....alos, Punk was kind of an exception....simply because he literally went against everything the writers said and kept trying to only do his own thing....which may or may not have been beneficial, it just happened to work....You mean to tell me if Orton came out and wore slightly different wrestling attire and changed his theme song for a while, he would all the sudden be viewed differently? No, it would take more than that. A "jean jacket" isn't going to change shit with the Vipre if you ask me. Please don't ever bring up Miz as a good example of anything because he's a bad example for anything ;)

Animation isn't going to help Orton if you ask me. He needs different music, different image altogether, and he needs to modify his wrestling abilities. The guy is talented enough in the ring to have more of a "catches as catch can" style. He should take advantage of it.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Take a year off, Randy.

He can look how ever he wants. As long as he's about as interesting as a colonoscopy and watching paint dry he'll still be a sleeping pill.

Good in ring, blank as a piece of paper character.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
He could also come back to screw the current champion(be it daniel bryan or Reigns or whoever) out of the title, helping rollins with the cash-in, it would be the second time in a roll that Orton would play a major role in this kind of thing
I like that idea....or just simply have Orton as a surprise return in the RR event. He can be one of the final left at the end of the match.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Orton definitely deserve some time off!

He has been working with the company for over 12-years, He's very hardworking.

Btw, Why all the hate for Orton?
He's a boring piece of shit blueberry.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I don't think you know what inb4 stands for, but still. I like orton too

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I like Orton as a wrestler....but otherwise...he needs a makeover.

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Tbh, I think it's just me, @Tgmiveld, and @Tumbas likes Orton.
I certainly don't mind him as much as others. He has built a good reputation for himself and he has had some great feuds.

Just got starstruck when picking my fav.