Randy Orton Wants Time Off

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
While he's still headlining events, Randy Orton has not been a big factor in WWE in recent weeks and this has him unhappy. As a result, he recently asked management about taking some time away from the ring by the end of the year in order to rejuvenate.

WWE considers their roster "thin," especially in regards to the number of top-flight wrestlers they have available. It is said that the absences of Daniel Bryan and Batista is standing in the way of Orton being granted some time off.

To pacify him, Orton has been told that his character will be emphasized more on television. This probably won't satisfy him though.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/article/22818/randy-orton-reportedly-unhappy-wants-time-off/

I know it isn't realistic or feasible, but I wish Randy Orton would just get bored of the wrestling business and retire completely. At least leave for a good 3-5 years or something. Or maybe they should feature him in more movies and see if he can't build a pretty respectable Hollywood career for himself, like the way Batista is starting to do (WWE wouldn't want that, but it'd be a realistic reason for why Orton would leave WWE for a more prosperous movie career while still being young.) He's already reached his apex (no pun intended) and accomplished everything there is to accomplish in WWE, and I don't see him ever climbing back to the same peak he was at in 2009. Brock Lesnar, Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose are the only rivalries I would have any interest in seeing, but I could do without.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
If Orton acts as well as he performs on WWE he will suck! The guy is a charisma vacuum, sucks it out of the room.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
They should let him have the time off. He has become absolutely dull beyond all belief. The WWE may still think he's main event standard, but knowing he's in a main event just puts me off watching.

Reactions: Cloud

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
give him a year off and bring him back with a new gimmick :)

Reactions: Cloud

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I would love it if orton took like 3months off and performed at Mania or something....this guy, much like Cena, is just stale. He's always the same...and he's simply mediocre at everything. He can put on good matches now and then, but ultimately I'm just waiting for him to get off the TV.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Give him about 69 years then he can return as a guy in the crowd or something.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Randy Orton can't pull off a gimmick except moody and boring!
I disagree. I feel that Orton could be well placed with a different gimmick. I feel that we're so used to seeing him with the same heel character over and over....that he leaves a sour taste in our mouths, much like Cena does sometimes. Give Orton a slightly different look and modified move set, and he could do well I'm sure.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I disagree. I feel that Orton could be well placed with a different gimmick. I feel that we're so used to seeing him with the same heel character over and over....that he leaves a sour taste in our mouths, much like Cena does sometimes. Give Orton a slightly different look and modified move set, and he could do well I'm sure.
I dunno dude we had that brief face period last year and he still sucked balls! It was short lived though as all The Authority kicked off!

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I dunno dude we had that brief face period last year and he still sucked balls! It was short lived though as all The Authority kicked off!
well, it would be a slight gamble but it wouldn't hurt WWE to try this as his current gimmick is shit. And, they kind of have to know it.

I've seen Orton perform at several house shows and every time he performs, he's very good....he is always getting the crowd to hate him, make people laugh, and he seems like a veteran....then when he gets on Raw and Smackdown...we get the monotone.....no emotion....boring Orton....and I'm like wtf?...where's that house show Orton?

Z.T.O

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
Orton definitely deserve some time off!

He has been working with the company for over 12-years, He's very hardworking.

Btw, Why all the hate for Orton?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

his character is worn out, he's repetitive, boring, same gimmick over and over.....he's just BOrton. I blame WWE mainly, however.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Everything Randy Orton does seems awkward. It's as if he just wakes up each day and comes to the ring.
MOST wrestlers of his stature, I'm sure, turn up the volume, get slapped in the face or do any of the like to get into character.
Being a main event level has got to be the easiest f***ing sh*t on the planet, yet he hasn't so much has changed his look.
Orton has stroke. He could wear a jacket, grow his hair, shave his beard, put in contacts but he hasn't. He wonders why he's so bored.

Punk, Batista, HHH and Hogan are just a few of the guys who altered their physical appearance. Why can't Orton do it?
No matter how hard he tries. he isn't Jake Roberts but he does have support. Why not try SOMETHING different, anything at all. If not, retire, his personality isn't special.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

I don't hate him per se, I'm just bored and burned out on him. At the very least, I wish he'd revert back to being a babyface. I know he prefers being a heel, but no one really wants to boo him anymore. 2010-2013 proved just how popular Orton can be if he's allowed to be the jaded, give-no-fucks personality.