Randy Orton suspended for 60 days

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
No matter how you try to spin it, Randy Orton violated a policy he signed on for.

Which is the exact same thing I think every time one of these guys gets suspended. You can agree with it or not, but at the end of the day, if you sign that contract, you are legally obligated to adhere to every rule. Break them and you suffer the consequences. I've never quite figured out why a lot of fans seem to lose track of that when complaining about people who get suspended.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Which is the exact same thing I think every time one of these guys gets suspended. You can agree with it or not, but at the end of the day, if you sign that contract, you are legally obligated to adhere to every rule. Break them and you suffer the consequences. I've never quite figured out why a lot of fans seem to lose track of that when complaining about people who get suspended.
Because it's a dumb policy. Also Orton signed a 10-year deal before this policy was put into place.

I'm not really up in arms because it's only a suspension but if they fired Orton over this Blue shit then I'd be mad.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Because it's a dumb policy. Also Orton signed a 10-year deal before this policy was put into place.

I'm not really up in arms because it's only a suspension but if they fired Orton over this Blue shit then I'd be mad.

He would have signed any amendment to that contract as well. Let's not forget the kind of money he's making here. As I said before, regardless of your personal feelings towards the policy, it is in fact there. No matter how much complaining you do, its not going to go away. It's better to just accept these things than dwell on them.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
How is it a dumb policy exactly?

Let's just say he was busted for a pain killer. For him to have violated the policy, this means he went behind the WWE's back to take the pain killers despite provisions in the wellness policy that open up avenues for him to take pain killers. You could certainly understand the WWE's concern if this were the case no?

As Fuji pointed out, Randy would've signed an amended contract, and more than likely was presented an option to leave the company should he disagree with the policy.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
He would have signed any amendment to that contract as well. Let's not forget the kind of money he's making here. As I said before, regardless of your personal feelings towards the policy, it is in fact there. No matter how much complaining you do, its not going to go away. It's better to just accept these things than dwell on them.
I'm sure he did but he's not going to walk away from the WWE because of a drug policy. As for as accepting or dwelling. It's easier said then done. If top guys weren't constantly being taken off TV for sixty days it would be fine but now fans are robbed of seeing one of the favorites. I should clarify in this particular intance I don't care. I'll see Orton again, I'm just speaking in hypotheticals.

How is it a dumb policy exactly?

Let's just say he was busted for a pain killer. For him to have violated the policy, this means he went behind the WWE's back to take the pain killers despite provisions in the wellness policy that open up avenues for him to take pain killers. You could certainly understand the WWE's concern if this were the case no?

As Fuji pointed out, Randy would've signed an amended contract, and more than likely was presented an option to leave the company should he disagree with the policy.
I don't know anything about avenues WWE has to acquire pain medication but that wasn't my point. I wasn't saying enforcing the policy was dumb (necessarily) I mean having the policy is dumb. I don't give two fucks if Orton is snorting cocaine on his off days. As long as he's clean and and ready to go when he's working.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm just hear to watch them perform, however they want to live their lives at home is their business.

But again, I don't care. Viper took this harder than me, I'll happily wait to see him in sixty days. I don't watch SD! anyways.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
But the WWE gives two fucks, and that's what matters. Randy Orton isn't just an employee, he's an investment. Much like an athlete on a professional sports team, the ownership wants to protect that investment as much as possible.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
As for as accepting or dwelling. It's easier said then done. If top guys weren't constantly being taken off TV for sixty days it would be fine but now fans are robbed of seeing one of the favorites.
It's their fault, not the fans. If they cared that much, they wouldn't violate the policy.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
But the WWE gives two fucks, and that's what matters. Randy Orton isn't just an employee, he's an investment. Much like an athlete on a professional sports team, the ownership wants to protect that investment as much as possible.
How is suspending or firing said investment going to help protect said investment?

It's their fault, not the fans. If they cared that much, they wouldn't violate the policy.
Maybe it is but who is ultimately punished? The fans.

As for the latter, it is always that simple.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
How is suspending or firing said investment going to help protect said investment?

Maybe it is but who is ultimately punished? The fans.

As for the latter, it is always that simple.
You'd rather they gamble with people's lives like they've done before? This policy does more to protect their investment than anything they've done in the past.

Also, the fans are punished for a couple of months. Wouldn't it stand to reason that it would be a lot worse if the fans were punished permanently by never being able to see the wrestler again, like if they died because of their drug issues?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You'd rather they gamble with people's lives like they've done before? This policy does more to protect their investment than anything they've done in the past.

Also, the fans are punished for a couple of months. Wouldn't it stand to reason that it would be a lot worse if the fans were punished permanently by never being able to see the wrestler again, like if they died because of their drug issues?
This policy doesn't work. I find very questionable that you think it does. No wrestler who wants to do drugs will stop because of the policy. Example: Jeff Hardy.

All they do is fire the wrestler so they can die off their payroll. If WWE actually cared, they'd mandate they go to rehab as punishment instead of suspensions and termination.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
The punished fans should be mad at Randy Orton, not the WWE and its policies. It's Randy fault he won't be around for the next 60 days.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The punished fans should be mad at Randy Orton, not the WWE and its policies. It's Randy fault he won't be around for the next 60 days.
Being mad at Orton doesn't change the fact they don't get to see him wrestle.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
If WWE actually cared, they'd mandate they go to rehab as punishment instead of suspensions and termination.

Which is why they pay for rehab for guys who aren't even working for them anymore. As a big fan of Scott Hall, I'd expect you of all people to understand and appreciate what they do in that regard.

If that's not caring, I'd love to see what is.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Which is why they pay for rehab for guys who aren't even working for them anymore. As a big fan of Scott Hall, I'd expect you of all people to understand and appreciate what they do in that regard.

If that's not caring, I'd love to see what is.
That's a voluntary program for former employees. I'm talking about instead of suspending and terminating guys who violate the policy, they MANDATE rehab. All they do now is send the worker home for sixty days. That isn't helping them or their problem.

Yes, I appreciate WWE's effort in that regard but it's a separate issue from the Wellness Policy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It could help the problem. Scaring them with being fired sometimes is enough to get them off the substance