Random TNA Discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deuce

Reaction score
ImpactWrestling.com has removed Jackie Moore, Jesse Neal and Toxxin from their wrestler roster page. This would confirm their respective departures from TNA Wrestling late last year.
Moore stated on November 28, 2011 via Twitter that she parted ways with TNA Wrestling due to her contract expiring. She returned to the company last June alongside ODB under the guise of outsiders, with the duo promising to clean up the Knockouts division. In August, Moore and ODB abandoned their villainous antics in order to gain contracts with the promotion. After several weeks of working as babyfaces, they were signed to contracts by the new head of the Knockouts division, Karen Jarrett. Moore, however, did not appear for TNA again.

Neal made his final TNA appearance on the December 15, 2011 episode of iMPACT! Wrestling, where he was DDT'd onto concrete floor by Gunner and consequently stretchered out of the Impact Wrestling Zone. Neal parted ways with TNA after organization officials asked him to relocate from Florida to Louisville, Kentucky to further his wrestling training in Ohio Valley Wrestling. He was unable to comply with their request because the money they were offering "wasn't even anything close to live on."

"My decision maker was my finances," Neal told WrestlingINC.com earlier this month. "I hear all this stuff, 'Oh man, we would kill for the opportunity,' but if you're not paying your bills you wouldn't be able to wrestle. If you can't pay your light bill you're going to find a way to pay your light bill and not show up to practice. I make sacrifices; I don't live above my means what so ever. People should know that. We're just trying to make a living, trying to do our dream also. It takes a lot more to be a TV personality than what everyone thinks out there. The price he gave me, it was way below the means of my bills and stuff like that.

"I gave him a couple different options and they didn't like. We went back and forth with these options for a week or two and then I go, 'OK fine.' I send in an email saying I'm respectfully requesting my release. I did it all professionally, no hard feelings and no burned bridges. It was all on good terms. They said, 'OK fine, you want your release, we'll give you your release.' I said, 'OK cool, no problem.' It was all good. We weren't arguing."

Toxxin is Neal's real-life girlfriend, who was brought in September to combat Rosita and Sarita in Ink Inc.'s feud with Mexican America. Neal stated during a podcast interview that Toxxin, who appears as Christina Von Eerie on the independent wrestling circuit, was never under contract to the organization. Her departure was expected after Neal parted ways with TNA.

I knew Neal's release was bound to happen, not suprised by this at all.

BreakTheWalls

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels2
It's interesting that Neal decided to shed some light on the fact that working for the second biggest promotion in the states doesn't necessarily translate to financial stability. I mean, most people could have guessed that that's the case, but it's just interesting to hear from a wrestler's mouth. I wonder if he thinks he can get more working the indies. I highly doubt it. Is he just gonna quit wrestling? That'd be kind of a shame. Not that I'm a fan of his or anything, but he seemed passionate about the business.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's pretty sad when you can't even make a living in that company. Love for the business only goes so far if you can't even pay a bill and you're working on T.V. That's why I know it has to suck for some of them when someone for example like Sting barely does anything and doesn't do anything for that company name wise yet makes 10 times the amount he probably could dream to make in TNA.

rhetts jetski

Reaction score
Disappointed to see Jackie gone again. Always been a fan and was glad to see her back with ODB last year.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Sounds like Jesse Neal got overexcited getting signed bought a house he couldn't afford and then didn't know what to do.

Deuce

Reaction score
We noted yesterday here on the website that Shannon Spruill (a/k/a Daffney) says she is proceeding with her workers' compensation claim against TNA Wrestling stemming from injuries she sustained while working for the organization in 2009 and 2010.
"Great day today. Just wanted to let everybody know that the Workers' Comp Claim is going well. Although it's been a long road, I continue to keep my head up. Hoping for some good results," she tweeted Tuesday.

Spruill stated last March immediately following her departure from TNA Wrestling that she had filed a workers' compensation claim against the organization. There were issues between Spruill and management regarding her medical expenses being covered after she suffered a concussion taking a bump through a board covered with barbed wire at the October 18, 2009 pay-per-view event Bound for Glory.

Creative writer Vince Russo and former Director of Talent Relations Terry Taylor pressured Spruill into performing the spot, reasoning that it was important for the ongoing feud between Abyss and Mick Foley. Spruill, who was hesitant on the idea, was assured that she would be fine. She suffered a concussion taking the maneuver and was taken to an Orlando, Florida area hospital via ambulance. Spike TV wouldn't allow TNA to air the spot during the following episode of iMPACT! due to their policy on men-on-women violence.

Spruill's emergency room visit resulted in a substantial medical bill, which Taylor stalled TNA from paying and ultimately was not. She also claimed she was pressured to continue performing after suffering two additional concussions. She suffered a concussion after being hit on the head with a toolbox by Tara following their match on the February 18, 2010 episode of iMPACT!. On April 20, 2010, she was injured in a dark match against an obese inexperienced worker named Miss Betsy and was taken to an Orlando area hospital, where she was diagnosed with a concussion, as well as a deeply bruised sternum and a severe stinger.

TNA will win this little fight going on between TNA and Daffney IMO.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It astonishes me that Neal couldn't make a living in TNA, they are the second biggest company out there yet they can't pay their wrestlers a reasonable wage?

With Daffney vs. TNA I see Daffney winning some compensation, she was injured performing a spot they wanted for the company, they should be liable for the injuries sustained.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Troy, everyone would rather think TNA doesn't make money than they do so people just assume that a million dollar company couldn't pay talent like Jesse Neal enough to live their lives. It's just like another reason to hate TNA and it never seemed anywhere legit to me.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
Sting was legit injured in tonight's main event of the TNA tapings.

In a match for the Feb 9th go-home Impact, it was Sting & Storm over Roode & Ray. Sting blew out his heel in an innocuous looking spot. Sting made Roode submit in the scorpion for the finish, then ref Brian Hebner did the X sign with his arms and sprinted down the aisle to the back to get help. Sting did a brief promo praising the fans, then said he'd heard something pop in his heel. Sting then brawled very gingerly with Bully Ray to the back, scuppering what appeared to be a Hogan & Sting & Storm vs Roode & Ray & Angle dark match. Instead, Hogan & Storm did a 2 on 3 cleaning house, before the Hogan pose down.

Sting said that he thought he blew out his heel in the final match at today's tapings in London. The torn Achilles tendon, if that is the injury, at this stage of his life could be an in-ring career ender.

I NEVER want to see anyone get hurt. But with Sting, and his age, etc. this actually might be good for the health and future of TNA. Obviously, not good for Sting, but with him even being in the title picture the last couple of years, I think it's really hindered TNA and the progress of younger and better attractions they have.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
This doesn't deserve it's own thread

[youtube]77-n1UioTVw[/youtube]

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Brian Kendrick has been removed from TNA Wrestling’s roster page on ImpactWrestling.com. This would indicate that he has parted ways with the company.

Kendrick’s second TNA run culminated with him capturing the X Division Championship from Abyss last July at Destination X. After dropping the title to Austin Aries at No Surrender, he failed in his attempt to regain the belt at Bound for Glory. He had only competed in one televised match since then.

He was used a lot when he first re-signed with TNA and was the focus on the X Division for a bit but for some reason once he dropped the title he completely dropped out of the picture. If he is indeed gone could we see a return of THE Brian Kendrick or will Spanky return to ROH/DGUSA etc?

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
He wasn't being used lately so it isn't the biggest loss. He's always great for Indy feds so hopefully I see him show up in one of them I watch. It doesn't look like his career is ever going to get to the next level really.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Wasn't a fan of Kendrick's most recent run in TNA. And his 'release' hasn't come as a surprise, since he hasn't been on TV for months.

I don't see him going back to WWE. So he'll probably stick to indy feds. Maybe there's a chance he could return to ROH. Or maybe Gabe will want him for DGUSA/EVOLVE.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
It's been pretty much confirmed now

PWInsider said:
Brian Kendrick is gone from TNA, ending his second run with the company. A TNA source cited that Kendrick was released.

Kendrick, who had been a pretty pushed X-Division talent last year, disappeared off TNA TV a few months back. Last month, we had heard word that Kendrick was departing but TNA sources stated he was still with the promotion.

Well, he's free and clear now.

Kendrick is already taking some independent dates and is set for a March FWE event. in New York City.