• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Random TNA Discussion thread

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Maybe we will see him reunite with Paul London on the indy circuit now that he is definitely gone from TNA.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
tbh i dislike both paul london and brian kendrick, they were decent as a tag team but nothing much else, the gimmick he used in tna was god dam awfull and i can just seem him going back to roh or maybe dragons gate

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I watched TNA last night and I just don't get it, sorry. I can honestly say I am fucking clueless at what they are trying to accomplish. It doesn't even feel like they are trying to compete with WWE anymore. Maybe that's a good thing, maybe not, but when I watch Impact, it just doesn't seem to have any direction.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Early numbers for TNA's Against All Odds estimate the buyrate at about 7,000.

!!!

We talk about how bad WWE PPV buyrates are when they get around 150,000, TNA won't even get close to that when you add up all the buyrates for the entire year. 7,000 is a terrible number and PPVs are where you make the really big money in wrestling. For too long TNA have ignored building the PPVs on Impact and even though quite a few of their PPVs were filled with good wrestling the fans didn't buy it because from the build you couldn't realistically expect a good show. I also think that TNA's regular dusty finishes on PPV mainevents hurt the buyrates as well.

Ben

Reaction score
TNA should really just scrap there PPV concept when the deal runs out. Speaking of PPV Slammiversary Date announced and looks like it will be out of the IZ.

"I am very, VERY excited about what market we will be in for the Slammiversary pay-per-view on 6/10 to celebrate our 10th anniversary! :)"

If there smart they'll go somewhere in NYC.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Smart move to have it outside of the Impact Zone as it would be bad to see them celebrate that big moment in front of 750 fans. If they book it right they should be able to get a few thousand people to the show which will create a much better atmosphere for the show.

Ben

Reaction score
Lockdown is in Nashville this year so I doubt they go back so soon. New York has also been ruled out according to PWinsider.

Never even though of it until now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them hold it in the UK

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If they held it in the UK then they would be sure to get a massive crowd, close to 10k. I can't see them hosting such a big show outside of the US though, in the future they should do a PPV overseas just not this one.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Not that TNA does decent PPV numbers, but surely doing it in the UK would kill those PPV buys even more due to the time difference and subsequent spoilers? That's the main reason why the WWE will sadly never bring Mania or any PPV over here.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well they could probably get close to 7k PPV buys in the UK alone if they did it there plus I am sure they would be able to get a few thousand buys in the US even if it was on delay.

rcoot93

Reaction score
PPV are free for UK so they only money they will get would be from tickets, plus their US buys would fall dramatically unless they slashed the price or do it for free