Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Rewatched Road to Perdition today.

Road_to_Perdition_Film_Poster.jpg

Truly a brilliant film that flies under the radar sometimes when it comes to Tom Hanks' best roles. Daniel Craig is really good in this as well, one of my favourite characters he's played. The tone is perfect, and the OST is truly amazing. If you haven't seen this movie yet, I'd highly recommend it. Engrossing storyline with very solid performances. Some beautiful shots in this film as well.

• Love
Reactions: Y2Jayne

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Pretty cool. :WOW

For all those who didn’t preserve their original copy of The Terminator from 1984, we know now why you cry. A first print VHS of the Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi thriller recently sold for $32,500 at an online auction on the vintage marketplace ComicConnect.

The item boasted quality gradings between 9 and 10 out of 10 for every inspection category aside from the physical tape’s corners and edges, which still produced an admirable 7 out of 10. COO of ComicConnect Vincent Zurzolo told TMZ it was sold in three days after being put up for auction.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Pretty awesome to see that happen being a huge Terminator fan.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
0756EE54-1AC1-4315-9E5E-F5EE2D2055BA.jpeg

Today I learned that despite not being in the movie this is indeed Demi Moore pre Brat Pack.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Watched Beverly Hills Cop today. It's been a good few years I believe since I've seen it, holds up very well. I still think this is my overall favourite Eddie Murphy role and movie. He's so perfect as Axel Foley. So many quotable moments and memorable scenes. His charisma and likeability is on fully on display in this movie, and it's easy easy to sit back and just enjoy it. Perfect movie when you don't really feel like watching anything else. I also enjoy the sequels as well even if it doesn't do a whole lot different. Third one is definitely the weakest, but they all have fun moments. I'll probably watch the second one at some point soon.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Watched Beverly Hills Cop today. It's been a good few years I believe since I've seen it, holds up very well. I still think this is my overall favourite Eddie Murphy role and movie. He's so perfect as Axel Foley. So many quotable moments and memorable scenes. His charisma and likeability is on fully on display in this movie, and it's easy easy to sit back and just enjoy it. Perfect movie when you don't really feel like watching anything else. I also enjoy the sequels as well even if it doesn't do a whole lot different. Third one is definitely the weakest, but they all have fun moments. I'll probably watch the second one at some point soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Love

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Escape from NY is getting a 4K release, if there's anybody on here interested in that. Great movie!

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Promising start with the screenwriter choice.:WOW

Sega’s beat ’em up side-scrolling video game Streets of Rage is getting a movie adaptation, Deadline reports, with Derek Kolstad (John Wick, Nobody) writing the script!

Developed and published by Sega, the original Streets of Rage game was released in 1991 for the Sega Genesis. The most recent sequel, Streets of Rage 4 came along in 2020.

The video games center “on the efforts of several ex-police vigilantes trying to rid a fictional, large American city from a crime syndicate that has corrupted its local government.”

The Streets of Rage movie will be produced by dj2 Entertainment and Escape Artists.

The first three Streets of Rage games were released between 1991 and 1994, and the franchise has also expanded to include comics and even a Streets of Rage 2 novella in 1993.

Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
But he died??? I mean the got it with a Harpoon Gun to the Chest they will really need to be really creative to make that work. I'm saying that and I love the Movie through the eyes of John Woo so I would watch it just cause I like that crazy mofo Castor Troy.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
This line has now been cut off the TV broadcasts of Spider-Man (2002).

0D15D850-BCB2-4F42-B7E4-5C818EF2085D.jpeg

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Robotech-HD-Screenshot-social-1.jpg

Disney+’s Hawkeye director Rhys Thomas has been chosen to helm Sony’s live-action adaptation of the iconic 80s anime franchise Robotech, Deadline reports. Thomas was the main director of the Marvel Cinematic Universe series, which was greeted with both critical appraisal and high viewing numbers.

Consisting of 85 episodes, the original Robotech anime series is set in a future where humanity is under attack by ferocious alien armies. To fight off the invaders, humans explore the wreckage of a fallen alien starship and develop giant mechas that can help defend the planet. You are not entirely wrong if you are thinking Pacific Rim, as Guillermo del Toro’s cinematic universe is inspired by classic Japanese mecha animes, including Robotech.

While Robotech was sold in the West as a single series, the show actually mixes three different Japanese animes: Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross, and Genesis Climber MOSPEADA. Since neither of the original series achieved the minimum of 65 episodes required by U.S. syndicated television, producer Harmony Gold USA, in association with Tatsunoko Production, decided to grab three shows, re-edit them, and record the dialogue to make a single franchise. The result is one of the most memorable anime series of the 80s, which helped make mecha stories popular in America.

Due to the recut that led to the creation of Robotech, the live-action film adaptation has a lot of material they could use. The series deal with three subsequent alien invasions, one from each of the original shows that got recut, meaning that the film adaptation could also aim for sequels, should the first one win the audiences. Besides the 85-episode show, the Robotech franchise also counts three animated movies, dozens of comic books, novels, video games, and even collectible cards.

Thomas is directing the Robotech movie adaptation from a script by Marcum & Holloway, with a rewrite by Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka. Before Thomas jumped on the Robotech train, the film was set to be helmed by It director Andrés Muschietti. Wonder Woman co-writer Jason Fuchs was also initially expected to write the Robotech script but has apparently left the project together with Muschietti. That’s reasonable, considering how the first talks about the adaptation came out in 2017, with the project remaining silent until now. Of course, everybody has a schedule that cannot wait for years without end, especially Hollywood big-shots, so the departure of the original director and writer is not surprising.

There’s still no release date for the Robotech film. However, with a new director officially announced, it shouldn’t take long for Sony to unveil more details about the project.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler