Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Gotta say, I expected another bad low-budget DTV sequel with Deep Blue Sea 3 and it was surprisingly well made and entertaining.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
The Wicker Man was amazing, obviously a big source of inspiration for a few flicks I have seen, especially Midsommar. I heard the remake was shit and will probably stay away from it though.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I thought Across the Spider-Verse was better than the first movie. Full of references and really funny at times, I just don't like the animation style and the soundtrack is ear cancer but you get used to it after an hour.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
The Wicker Man was amazing, obviously a big source of inspiration for a few flicks I have seen, especially Midsommar. I heard the remake was shit and will probably stay away from it though.
If you are talking about The Wicker Man remake with Nicolas Cage than yeah, it is fucking shit and only good if you want memes

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
If you are talking about The Wicker Man remake with Nicolas Cage than yeah, it is fucking shit and only good if you want memes
I would've probably skipped it just because of Cage.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
I never saw the original but only saw the Cage remake once at a drive in and never saw it again, that's how bad it was.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I never saw the original but only saw the Cage remake once at a drive in and never saw it again, that's how bad it was.
Need to watch the original one. It is a masterpiece and is has Christopher Lee in it, who also funded the movie and basically acted for it for free because he liked the movie a lot.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I watched BlackBerry last night and I highly recommend checking it out if you’re into the origin story of popular brand name products movies like I am. It’s up there with Air as one of the best this year imo, and Glenn Howerton absolutely crushes it in his role.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
sebastian-stan-Donald-Trump.jpg

Sebastian Stan is playing young Donald Trump in a movie titled “The Student” from Iranian filmmaker Ali Abbasi (“Holy Spider”), Variety can confirm.

The cast also includes “Succession” Emmy winner Jeremy Strong as Roy Cohn and “Borat 2” and “Bodies Bodies Bodies” actor Maria Bakalova as Ivana Trump. According to the logline, “‘The Student’ is an exploration of power and ambition set in a world of corruption and deceit. It’s a mentor-protege story that charts the origins of an American dynasty. Filled with larger than life characters, it reveals the moral and human cost of a culture defined by winners and losers.”

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
sebastian-stan-Donald-Trump.jpg

Sebastian Stan is playing young Donald Trump in a movie titled “The Student” from Iranian filmmaker Ali Abbasi (“Holy Spider”), Variety can confirm.

The cast also includes “Succession” Emmy winner Jeremy Strong as Roy Cohn and “Borat 2” and “Bodies Bodies Bodies” actor Maria Bakalova as Ivana Trump. According to the logline, “‘The Student’ is an exploration of power and ambition set in a world of corruption and deceit. It’s a mentor-protege story that charts the origins of an American dynasty. Filled with larger than life characters, it reveals the moral and human cost of a culture defined by winners and losers.”

I mean I always thought they looked so much alike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Prey was tight. It really surpassed my expectations. One of the best films I watched that year.

Dan-Trachtenberg-Predator.jpg

Following the massive success of the Predator pic, Prey, 20th Century is moving forward with the next film as Deadline is hearing Dan Trachtenberg is returning to write and direct Badlands, a new standalone pic in the franchise that is expected to shoot later this year. The film is a high priority for the studio and sources say Trachtenberg and execs are already meeting with talent for the lead role. Trachtenberg co-wrote script with Patrick Aison.

20th Century had no comment.

Plot details are being kept under wraps, other than it will feature everyone’s favorite extraterrestrial big game hunter. It is also not known about release plans as the last film exclusively streamed on Hulu (breaking numerous viewerships records for the streamer) but given that 20th Century has been very much back in the theatrical game with films like Boogeyman and the upcoming Alien: Romulus film bowing in theaters, a theatrical premiere isn’t out of the question.

When Prey premiered in the summer of 2022, It not only broke streaming records for Hulu but earned some of the best reviews in the franchise’s history the culminated in a nomination for best movie at this years Emmys. Since that successful relaunch, 20th Century is looking to not just move forward with another film but expand on a universe with Trachtenberg spearheading it.

Sources say while it is still in early development, a Prey 2 is still in the works that would return to the films original setting and with the films star, Amber Midthunder, potentially returning. Sources stress no talent is attached to that film but the interesting element is that even though there has been seven films featuring the infamous alien, there has never been an instance where the star of a previous film has returned to reprise their role.

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
@Deezy and I adored Prey it might be my favorite of the franchise because it goes beyond Action for me the way Amber Midthunder's Character was given so much depth in the Film. Badlands sounds like a Western to me and imagine Cowboys vs a Predator? Prey 2 could be really fun Amber has already stated I saw in Interviews she would want to come back and I'm very interested where that could go if it gets off the ground. The Credits show other Predators coming to Earth so would that mean Naru and her people defending Earth or it could mean a Team up. What if the Predators and Naru and Company have to take on a bigger threat maybe some Rogue Predators who don't follow the Code and they make Naru the first Human to be honored with joining them in a Live Action form? They did the same thing with Machiko Noguchi in the Comics and it would be a nice blend of the Story from the Comics and creating something new. Can you imagine Naru in Predator gear going to War it would be freaking great.

• Love

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
IDK if there was a thread so I put it here.

Reactions: Jimmy King