Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
We already had a Westside Story remake.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Nitram was brilliant, I'm glad it stopped right before the shooting because that would have been too intense. I had never heard of the Port Arthur tragedy before last week, I read a lot about it and the movie seems pretty accurate.
Landry-Jones was creepy, he definitely deserved his Cannes award.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

I wanted Momoa and Roman Reigns :giveme

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
The game was incredibly beautiful experience. I really hope they can pull this off, I can see it being a big hit potentially.

stray.jpeg

Annapurna Interactive’s award-winning video game Stray will be getting its very own movie adaptation from the indie studio’s animation branch, Annapurna Animation. Stray, a 2022 adventure game from BlueTwelve Studio, takes players on a journey playing as a drone-equipped, stray cat trying to survive against robots and machines.

The Stray adaptation was announced by Robert Baird of Annapurna Animation. “This is a game that’s all about what makes us human, and there are no humans in it,” Baird told Entertainment Weekly. “It’s a buddy comedy about a cat and a robot, and there’s such a hilarious dynamic. So, there’s comedy inherent in this, but there’s not one human being in this movie. I think it’s one of the reasons why the game was incredibly popular, that you are seeing the world through the point of view of an adorable cat.”

Baird added that, style-wise, the film will take on “hopepunk” aesthetics, which highlight positivity, kindness and optimism as rebellious weapons. “I love that term, hopepunk,” Baird said. “I think, if we are going to do this adaptation justice, this is going to be the first and greatest hopepunk movie that’s ever been made.”

This adaptation comes on the heels of numerous other video game films and television shows, including Universal’s “The Super Mario Bros. Movie,” which grossed over $1 billion at the global box office since its release in April, and HBO’s “The Last of Us,” which earned multiple Emmy nominations this year, including a nod for outstanding drama series.

The untitled Stray film is set to be helmed by Nick Bruno, who previous directed Annapurna’s “Nimona,” which was adapted from ND Stevenson’s graphic novel for Netflix.

Reactions: Chris

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
@Jimmy King This sounds like it's going to be amazing. :mark: Really happy to see Anna making her directorial debut.

thedatinggame_01.jpg

Fresh out of its world premiere at TIFF, the Anna Kendrick-directed thriller Woman of the Hour has been sold to Netflix for a staggering eight figures, Variety reports this week.

Variety details, “The streamer is paying in the $11 million range for the ripped-from-the-headlines thriller, making it the first major sale of the festival. The deal covers the U.S. and several international territories including France, Italy, Japan and South Korea.”

Meagan Navarro explains in her four-star review for Bloody Disgusting, “Anna Kendrick takes aim at the true crime serial killer story in her feature directorial debut, Woman of the Hour. A charming, kitschy ’70s set exploration of gender dynamics quickly gives way to an unnerving, suspenseful stranger-than-fiction tale of serial killer and rapist Rodney Alcala and his bizarre appearance as a bachelor on “The Dating Game.” Kendrick’s incisive vision, blending horror and humor with nonlinear storytelling, makes for an unshakable debut.

“Kendrick pulls double duty for her debut, also starring as Cheryl Bradshaw, a struggling actress trying to carve out a career in California. Cheryl’s failed attempts to win over casting directors and gently rebuff her pushy neighbor put her at her wit’s end. That’s when her agent decides to land her a spot as the bachelorette on the popular live TV show “The Dating Game.” But it’s not just the typical stressors and anxieties of getting thrust into a live show with overbearing personalities to worry about; one of the eligible bachelors on her episode happens to be brazen killer Rodney Alcala (Daniel Zovatto) in the midst of a ruthless murder spree.”

Meagan raves, “Kendrick’s directorial debut dazzles with its incisive commentary, and the first-time director demonstrates clever instincts in knowing when to weaponize dark humor and when to let the dramatic moments breathe for maximum impact. Kendrick tosses out some of the more familiar serial killer conventions, and yet nothing is lost in terms of intensity and nerve-fraying sequences. It makes for an authentic, poignant, and unsettling debut.”

Nicolette Robinson and Autumn Best also star.

Ian MacAllister McDonald wrote Woman of the Hour, a Black List script that had previously been optioned – but ultimately ditched – by Netflix. The film has truly come full circle.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
@Jimmy King This sounds like it's going to be amazing. :mark: Really happy to see Anna making her directorial debut.

thedatinggame_01.jpg

Fresh out of its world premiere at TIFF, the Anna Kendrick-directed thriller Woman of the Hour has been sold to Netflix for a staggering eight figures, Variety reports this week.

Variety details, “The streamer is paying in the $11 million range for the ripped-from-the-headlines thriller, making it the first major sale of the festival. The deal covers the U.S. and several international territories including France, Italy, Japan and South Korea.”

Meagan Navarro explains in her four-star review for Bloody Disgusting, “Anna Kendrick takes aim at the true crime serial killer story in her feature directorial debut, Woman of the Hour. A charming, kitschy ’70s set exploration of gender dynamics quickly gives way to an unnerving, suspenseful stranger-than-fiction tale of serial killer and rapist Rodney Alcala and his bizarre appearance as a bachelor on “The Dating Game.” Kendrick’s incisive vision, blending horror and humor with nonlinear storytelling, makes for an unshakable debut.

“Kendrick pulls double duty for her debut, also starring as Cheryl Bradshaw, a struggling actress trying to carve out a career in California. Cheryl’s failed attempts to win over casting directors and gently rebuff her pushy neighbor put her at her wit’s end. That’s when her agent decides to land her a spot as the bachelorette on the popular live TV show “The Dating Game.” But it’s not just the typical stressors and anxieties of getting thrust into a live show with overbearing personalities to worry about; one of the eligible bachelors on her episode happens to be brazen killer Rodney Alcala (Daniel Zovatto) in the midst of a ruthless murder spree.”

Meagan raves, “Kendrick’s directorial debut dazzles with its incisive commentary, and the first-time director demonstrates clever instincts in knowing when to weaponize dark humor and when to let the dramatic moments breathe for maximum impact. Kendrick tosses out some of the more familiar serial killer conventions, and yet nothing is lost in terms of intensity and nerve-fraying sequences. It makes for an authentic, poignant, and unsettling debut.”

Nicolette Robinson and Autumn Best also star.

Ian MacAllister McDonald wrote Woman of the Hour, a Black List script that had previously been optioned – but ultimately ditched – by Netflix. The film has truly come full circle.

I had heard about this awhile back and thought it sounded like a fun concept. I'm happy for Anna, can't wait to watch it for her in the movie and it being her directorial debut.

• Love
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I honestly didn't know this was a thing until today but that's pretty great honestly. As somebody who likes watching movies, this is a great perk for me.

Look forward to taking advantage of it when I resubscribe soon.

@Chris Do you have Premium? If so, you might have this available to you without knowing. I can't remember if you said if you had it or not, or just Extra.

Another media application joins the ranks today, 5th October, on PS5 and PS4. The Sony Pictures Core app, formerly Bravia Core on Sony's smart TVs, is rolling out on PlayStation consoles, giving you access to the company's wide range of films on demand.

After signing up, you'll be able to rent or buy thousands of Sony Pictures movies, as you'd expect. However, it's also launching on PS5 and PS4 with some added benefits. As noted on the PS Blog, users will gain early access to select films. For the UK, France, Germany, and Japan, the first example of this will be Gran Turismo. Additionally, if you buy this film via Sony Pictures Core, you'll gain in-game currency for Gran Turismo 7, usable to purchase cars seen in the movie.

What's more, PS Plus Premium/Deluxe members will have access to a catalogue of 100 films to stream on demand at no extra cost. Currently, this range of films includes 21, Black Hawk Down, District 9, Django Unchained, Hellboy, Night of the Living Dead, The Social Network, and more. Other PS Plus benefits for all members are coming later, too.

Creating an account on Sony Pictures Core is super easy via your console, as you'll be able to link up your PSN account and get started super fast.

Reactions: Chris

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Sam-Rockwell-Kumail-Nanjiani-.jpg

Sam Rockwell (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri) and Kumail Nanjiani (The Big Sick) have closed deals to star in A Guy Walks Into a Bar, a dark comedy from director Gary Fleder (Runaway Jury) that has secured an Interim Agreement from SAG-AFTRA and will go into production by year’s end.

Written by Scott Rosenberg (Jumanji: The Next Level, Venom), the film to be shot in New Jersey watches as a mild-mannered new father (Nanjiani) befriends a charismatic yet mysterious man (Rockwell) at a bar, and soon suspects him of concealing a troubling secret.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
scream-lillard.jpg

Mike Flanagan (Gerald’s Game, Doctor Sleep) is headed back into the world of Stephen King with The Life of Chuck, and Flanagan has announced the full cast today.

Chiwetel Ejiofor (Rob Peace), Karen Gillan (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3), Jacob Tremblay (The Toxic Avenger), Tom Hiddleston (Crimson Peak) and Mark Hamill (Star Wars) had already been announced for the upcoming Stephen King adaptation, and a thread from Flanagan on Twitter this afternoon reveals that Matthew Lillard (Five Nights at Freddy’s) and Heather Langenkamp (A Nightmare on Elm Street) will also star.

The full cast also features fresh faces and returning Mike Flanagan regulars including…

Mia Sara, Benjamin Pajak, Trinity Jo-li Bliss, Q’Orianka Kilcher, Antonio Raul Corbo, Harvey Guillen, David Dastmalchian, Kate Siegel, Carl Lumbly, Annalise Basso, Samantha Sloyan, Rahul Kohli, Matt Biedel, Sauriyan Sapkota, Saidah Arrika Ekulona, Michael Trucco, Violet McGraw and Molly C. Quinn.

Flanagan tweets, “The Life of Chuck is a very personal story for me, and a movie I am so grateful will be in the world. We’ll keep you posted with more updates as they come.”

“Based on the short story from King’s 2020 anthology If It Bleeds, The Life of Chuck is three separate stories linked to tell the biography of Charles Krantz in reverse, beginning with his death from a brain tumor at 39 and ending with his childhood in a supposedly haunted house.”

Deadline details, “According to the production, the genre project will draw tonally from Stand By Me, The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.”

Flanagan will also write the script and produce through Intrepid Pictures.

Reactions: Death By Looch