Random Impact Wrestling Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: Impact Wrestling Tidbits, Rumours & General Discussion

- PWInsider reports that Bobby Roode is not in the building for tonight's Lockdown pay-per-view. As noted here yesterday, TNA accidentally let his contract expire. Roode was scheduled to team with Austin Aries to defend the TNA tag team championship at tonight's event.

This should be good

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wow what's a bunch of fuckin morons

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

This should be good
Not entirely sure where you got that from but I doubt it was PWInsider since I just got this from their site...

PWinsider said:
Bobby Roode is in San Antonio, TX. He and TNA have worked out the contract issues and he will be working tonight's PPV. We have been told his contact expiring was Bruce Prichard's fault, but the situation has been rectified.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Not entirely sure where you got that from but I doubt it was PWInsider since I just got this from their site...

Yeah I just read that.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

According to prowrestling.net, the locker room morale in TNA is said to be down. This is due to the company's policy regarding the pay for the majority of wrestlers going forward. With TNA running a live impact and then taping the following week's show the same night, the majority of the talent will only be paid for a single appearance regardless of whether they work more than once. This means that those talents will be losing money compared to when Impact was taped on a weekly basis.

One source has stated that this has frustrated the locker room, and that it will affect roughly 80 percent of the talent in the company. Many talents are said to be anxious for their contracts to expire so they can negotiate to change the wording in their contracts.

I always find stuff like this interesting.

It's pretty well known at this point that only the top guys are under guaranteed salary contracts whereas all the guys who come through the Indy's are under "pay per appearance". This would be fine if it wasn't for the fact TNA doesn't allow them to appear for any Indy show taped for DVD or iPPV, therefore not only paying them when they want to use them, but stopping them from working elsewhere when they are not.

It's stuff like this why the likes of The Young Bucks, Jay Lethal & Anthony Nese left. The only thing that having a TNA contract gets you is exposure, the pay is no better than an Indy schedule. You may as well wait for the WWE phone call.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Don't expect to see Madison Rayne back in the ring any time soon.

- Madison Rayne, who has not competed in recent months, announced on her Twitter account today that her recent absence from the ring is because she is expecting a child:

"I want to announce b4 it gets out elsewhere, that I've been away from the ring b/c @Reaper_3 and I are expecting our 1st Raynedrop in Aug. I appreciate the love & support y'all have shown and can't wait for this new journey."

Sabretooth

Reaction score

"raynedrop"

Alright then

The Viper

Reaction score

She's having a "raynedrop" with the reaper.

Good Good almighty! That can be a gimmick!!

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Who is this Reaper?

Anyways, this is pretty good news, but it lessens my desire to see future crotch shots of her, should they happen.

Although the desire is still there..

Just not as powerful...

Sabretooth

Reaction score

After last night's Clash Wrestling event in Taylor, Michigan, Petey Williams hinted to that he would be returning to TNA full time.

Williams lost a title vs Career 30 minute iron man match against Clash champion J. Miller as the night's main event. Following the match, Petey hinted that fans could be seeing much more of him on TV soon. Fans started a 'TNA' chant as Williams smiled and shook his head in approval.

Awesome. I'd love to see more of Petey

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I'd be up for more Petey Williams on my TV.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

So who wants to explain to me why a TNA contracted wrestler is having to use a kickstarter to pay his medical bills?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

So who wants to explain to me why a TNA contracted wrestler is having to use a kickstarter to pay his medical bills?
Speaking of Zema Ion of course....

For starters, TNA's medical care probably only applies to in-ring injuries as their insurance bonds would be way too high to cover anything else. As it is, their bonds are probably already through the roof for the majority of their wrestlers who are injury prone (Angle, Sting, Hogan, etc.). Many times, personal injury unrelated to the job is not part of a standard medical package given out at companies, and unless benefits to the like are granted you'll need to cover yourself. Honestly, I'm surprised he doesn't have existing medical insurance for outside of wrestling, it would seem the smart thing to do in the US given their exorbitant medical costs.

EDIT: Also wanted to throw it out there that although TNA may not be legally obligated to pay for his medical expenses, they should do it anyway as it's just the right thing to do and it's only $30,000.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Well TNA only pays as much as an Indy promotion